Famous Thai rock band Carabao to disband in March

snoop1130

29 minutes ago, edwinchester said:

Surely if their last concert is on April 1st they're disbanding in April not March.

Last chance for a punch up, his concerts are notorious for fights. He got cancelled at our local Wat, not worth the trouble from rival hooligans. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

“which will help me sleep well and in happiness, not for the sake of money.”

Yea I'm sure with 1.3 billion Baht profit from the energy drink just last year, money aint what will keep them awake ????

• Thanks 1

Love this song  Banned from the radio back in 1992, if I remember right, because the lyrics demand the PM must come from an election ( hello General Suchinda), they subtly changed the Thai wording of PM , Nai Yok นาย ยก to Nai Kor นายกอ by removing the second ย 

Everyone knew the fictitious word, Nai Kor, meant the PM 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Love It 1

5 minutes ago, rwill said:

When I was stationed in the Phillipines, 1977-79, they were pretty popular there.  I don't know when they moved to Thailand.

Carabao means buffalo in Filipino language, I believe. Aed studied there, perhaps they all met there?

9 hours ago, Neeranam said:

True. First saw them in a demonstration concert in Sanam Luang, 1992. 

Might watch in Pranburi  this month.

Lung Kee Mao one of my favourite all time songs. 

Seen them 3 times live, never had to leave my city to see them. Issaan people love Carabao. I have always enjoyed their concerts 

• Like 1
  • Love It 1

10 hours ago, proton said:

Last chance for a punch up, his concerts are notorious for fights. He got cancelled at our local Wat, not worth the trouble from rival hooligans. 

That's for sure. Several years ago my wife and I were at one of their concerts in a nearby village when one of her friends came running over and said that I should leave right now as a few of the locals were planning to beat up the farang in the audience. I made a hasty retreat and got home unscathed.

• Love It 1
  • Haha 1