Famous Thai rock band Carabao to disband in March

snoop1130

14 hours ago, Neeranam said:

True. First saw them in a demonstration concert in Sanam Luang, 1992. 

Might watch in Pranburi  this month.

Lung Kee Mao one of my favourite all time songs. 

I brought the made in Thailand album on cassette the year it came out, oh god I'm old. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Pouatchee said:

poor guy, no wonder you arent taken seriously here. i never said i made music commercially, i just said i made music. maybe i whistle, maybe i play the gazoo... i have no claim to fame. Carabao music sucks and guessing by the fact that you like them sort of explains why

Millions of people like them. So your views are minority and nobody cares. And if you require 70yos on forums to take you seriously then no wonder you have issues with successful bands.

• Confused 4

1 hour ago, Pouatchee said:

poor guy, no wonder you arent taken seriously here. i never said i made music commercially, i just said i made music. maybe i whistle, maybe i play the gazoo... i have no claim to fame. Carabao music sucks and guessing by the fact that you like them sort of explains why

Words of a unsuccessful musician?:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

• Confused 3
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, proton said:

Popularity is not necessarily an indicator of originality or authenticity.

Yeah, I was going to note that to judge music solely on the basis of popularity or commercial success is little more than a bandwagon appeal.

Right now there are any number of ten year-old musical prodigies on YouTube who can play circles around all of us.

• Like 1

OK, you can, however too old for music? But if you dont like the hassle, you just cut down on performances, take of "pressure?"

Ok they are Thai rock-ish. Rather hear real rock then.

Another Thai band, not rock, but very lovely music, still (still?)continues:

Just picked this one out. Top band, at least I think

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Pouatchee said:

god damn! couldnt have said it better... ever 

plus... their music sucks. when pink floyd disbanded, or dire straits, or even led zep... then i am inclined to care

Then why are you on the topic? You cared enough to post here.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, proton said:

Popularity is not necessarily an indicator of originality or authenticity. He used the style of songs for life to become popular, then when established became part of the establishment. Never what they were meant to be or to represent, a hollowed out facade of the voice of the people, mostly for drunken disaffected youths and the poor who they ultimately let down, IMO. 

So no different from most bands. All about $. Human nature.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, fusion58 said:

Yeah, I was going to note that to judge music solely on the basis of popularity or commercial success is little more than a bandwagon appeal.

Right now there are any number of ten year-old musical prodigies on YouTube who can play circles around all of us.

Bloody kids! ????

• Love It 1

My all time favorite Thai performing artist!  I was fotunate to see him perform live a couple of years ago at a concert in Amnat Charoen!  He'll definitely be missed, but his music legacy will live on forever!

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Joe Mama said:

My all time favorite Thai performing artist!  I was fotunate to see him perform live a couple of years ago at a concert in Amnat Charoen!  He'll definitely be missed, but his music legacy will live on forever!

What music legacy would you say that consists of?

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, edwinchester said:
  On 10/11/2023 at 3:16 PM, proton said:

Last chance for a punch up, his concerts are notorious for fights. He got cancelled at our local Wat, not worth the trouble from rival hooligans. 

Same as our local Wat, seen him 3 times now they, the security was handled by Sor Hor Thai military police ,complete with a paddy wagon parked near by ,nearly always a fight ,wife says you should not go .

Always a good concert  except one year when 40 minuets in in rained, end of concert,

I have seen Pon Sit Cum Pee twice ,again a good concert,job to say who is better ,Pon  Sit is a better guitar player.

17 hours ago, Pouatchee said:

i love music, i also play some music, enough to recognize that what these guys are doing is not music. quite frankly they suck

You are not a Thai,they like Carrabao compered to most/nearly all, Thai bubblegum music they are good ,and they have lasted a long time,as I said they are alright a tight band.

And for some reason they like The Corrs over here.