American Tourist Arrested for Stabbing Incident in Chiang Mai

webfact

33 minutes ago, oslooskar said:

“Quick to the scene, the city's law enforcement neutralized the threat”

“the municipal and tourist police forces tracked down Brian at a nearby inn the next day.”

GEEZ, I can't quite put my finger on it, but there seems to be a contradiction here somewhere.

GEEZ.. the contradiction may be stuck between your ears!  I will try to explain in simple terms ok simpleton?

Quick to the scene - you must understand that bit right?  Fast/speedy/responsive etc

Neutralized the threat (ensure safety of all etc) means a Police presence around the surrounding area and ensuring that the assailant (I will explain this word for you later simpleton) was at least no longer there to be a threat.  (even though it appears he escaped the scene until arrested the next day he was no longer 'present' to be a threat.. thus neutralising the chance of further violence)

He was tracked down the next day at a nearby Inn.   (I will explain for you simpleton, that an "Inn" is the same as a "Bar")  and I think you understand what 'Next day' means?  (think of today as 'Thurday'.. tomorrow or 'Friday' would be the 'next' day from today.

Hola if you do not understand or comprehend (look this word up yourself in dictionary.. along side the word 'sarcasm') ....

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ignore it said:

I'm enamored with engrossing articles authored in a stylist manner which emulates verbage used by artificial intelligence.

"..in a stylist manner which emulates verbage..." Stylistic.  Verbiage.  As enamoured as you were, you weren't enamoured enough to know more about the English language than AI.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, JCauto said:

Usually Americans are shooty rather than stabby. The horrors of the outside world, where it's hard to get a gun for an American so he can keep himself safe! 

I just checked and yes you're right. Makes perfect sense, why use a knife when you have a gun?

https://www.statista.com/statistics/195325/murder-victims-in-the-us-by-weapon-used/

image.thumb.png.599fb154848ce1ee4d7139bb861ca830.png

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, norfolkandchance said:

Succinct and to the point. Good reporting again.

And it is nothing, whatsoever, like the actual Thai Rath report that was succinct and to the point.  One can only assume that someone was taking the piss with their own "translation" before the article was able to be republished.

• Confused 1

He looked into a mirror and saw a 60 year old face looking back at him.  Dude looks at least 20 years older than his chronological age.  He's got an 8 pack of furrows on his brow.

I wonder if one of the girls called him "papa" and set him off.  

• Confused 4

1 hour ago, biggles45 said:

Are these items written by Chat or AI?. They seem to be written by access to a thesaurus. 

It was originally written by Thai Rath (there is a link) in normal unenhanced, non-flowery, non-mocking language.   Can't imagine who would have had a hand in the God-awful "translation"!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, NorthernRyland said:

I just checked and yes you're right. Makes perfect sense, why use a knife when you have a gun?

https://www.statista.com/statistics/195325/murder-victims-in-the-us-by-weapon-used/

image.thumb.png.599fb154848ce1ee4d7139bb861ca830.png

brains arent on the list?....ive made it into my 50s with any weapons........but Im a Ninja...

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, oslooskar said:

“Quick to the scene, the city's law enforcement neutralized the threat”

“the municipal and tourist police forces tracked down Brian at a nearby inn the next day.”

GEEZ, I can't quite put my finger on it, but there seems to be a contradiction here somewhere.

100% absolutely no contradiction anywhere.... you just appear incapable of thinking logically or analytical.. do not worry.. it is not your fault!

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, damo1967 said:

GEEZ.. the contradiction may be stuck between your ears!  I will try to explain in simple terms ok simpleton?

Quick to the scene - you must understand that bit right?  Fast/speedy/responsive etc

Neutralized the threat (ensure safety of all etc) means a Police presence around the surrounding area and ensuring that the assailant (I will explain this word for you later simpleton) was at least no longer there to be a threat.  (even though it appears he escaped the scene until arrested the next day he was no longer 'present' to be a threat.. thus neutralising the chance of further violence)

He was tracked down the next day at a nearby Inn.   (I will explain for you simpleton, that an "Inn" is the same as a "Bar")  and I think you understand what 'Next day' means?  (think of today as 'Thurday'.. tomorrow or 'Friday' would be the 'next' day from today.

Hola if you do not understand or comprehend (look this word up yourself in dictionary.. along side the word 'sarcasm') ....

Yawn...z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z--z