Thai Police Capture Over 1,500 Suspects, Seize 1,789 Firearms in National Illegal Weapons Crackdown

webfact

2 hours ago, Pique Dard said:

eradicating this scourge? i doubt it, no country has managed to do it, but preventing it from growing is a step in the right direction.

QUITE right, gun problem is worse since mosque shooting in NZ,and gun crackdown, shootings daily now, mainly gang related, with illegal firearms, smuggled into the country. 

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, webfact said:

Pol Gen Torsak aimed to deploy forces to eradicate criminals.

A novel approach for RTP!

'1,789 illegal and improvised firearms and 75,973 units of ammunition' - they could bag this much if they searched every taxi in Bangkok.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Clearly an exaggerated made up story too make Thailand look safe again and regain face after the shooting last week..... to the thinking person total propaganda BS.  Truth is Thailand is reasonably safe, with the exception of the road ways thats an area that could be improved or could it they seem hell bent on driving in a total day dream not looking before they turn, no helmets, speeding in small high density areas like its the autobahn..... ????

• Confused 1

I remember there was a "crackdown" under Taksin too. Another great success. A little Thai resturant I used to go to had a pseudo musket hanging on the wall completely useless fake  but they confiscated it anyway.????

Edited by findlay13
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, harleyclarkey said:

"Funny" thing is - these weapons and criminals were there before the Siam shooting.

Why wait till now?? 

They have to be seen to be doing something! Apparently, the "Siam shooting" could affect the tourist trade! ???? 

Maybe it's the sceptic in me but the moment they start being precise with figures - as they are in this story - that's the moment I suspect something is not right.

If such a thorough search actually was carried out in 47 provinces across Thailand, 3,224 locations then it's a "start" but not very thorough.

1,593 alleged suspects captured - captured? Meaning..........arrested? Charged? Fined? Told off?

1,789 illegal and improvised firearms and 75,973 units of ammunition seized - again not very thorough for the area covered.

My first thought was these items were already in the possession of the RTP and hauled out for a photo opportunity.........but that's just me being sceptical. 

Edited by Jackbenimble
spelling

1 hour ago, Butts said:

Clearly an exaggerated made up story too make Thailand look safe again and regain face after the shooting last week..... to the thinking person total propaganda BS.  Truth is Thailand is reasonably safe, with the exception of the road ways thats an area that could be improved or could it they seem hell bent on driving in a total day dream not looking before they turn, no helmets, speeding in small high density areas like its the autobahn..... ????

Scratch the surface and you will see Thailand is anything but safe. Small village I lived in there was a murder nearly every year and I can't remember anyone going to prison (death money paid to relatives and police). It was always over trivial things like a felt insulting tip at a karaoke party (stabbed to death) advice to a friend when his wife left him (stabbed to death) young boy dealing drugs (shot) and the saddest a boy of 15 shot over a girl. 

• Thumbs Up 1