Chinese tourists drop by 75,093 following shooting in Bangkok

webfact

45 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Today's Asean Now headline: Chinese tourists drop by 75,093 following shooting in Bangkok.

Yesterday's Asean Now headline: Siam Paragon Shooting Won't Hurt Tourism

Seems a lot of people on here make the mistake of automatically assuming every news article concerning tourism is quoting the same original source, when exactly the opposite true. Everyone was criticising TAT on an article either yesterday or the day before, and the people quoted in the article had nothing to do with TAT.  I don't know why anyone would expect consistency of opinion from multiple different sources. 

I think it's the case a lot of posters don't even read the content of original posts and just trot out their usual bias.

Edited by kinyara
  • Confused 1

20 hours ago, webfact said:

The ministry also admitted that the tragic shooting at the Siam Paragon shopping mall in Bangkok also played an important role in the decline of tourists. A Chinese woman lost her life in the incident, which also spread a feeling of insecurity among tourists from China.

I have a feeling their fears won’t be allayed by any stretch when the perp merely gets a slap on the wrist or when he tries to square up by shaving his head and donning an orange robe for a week or two.

TIT.

When do the4 schools open up for the Chinese students? At this time of year, maybe

that would also be a reason the tourist numbers are down, as well as it still being

a very rainy, rain season.  TAT could check several situations about the lower numbers, but did they?

Is school season back in Thailand as well? Just a curious question from me.