Filing a first time TM30 when you own and live in a condo -- what documents are needed exactly?

5 minutes ago, jason w said:

https://www.tilleke.com/insights/thailand-relax-rules-tm30-immigration-requirements/ 
if it’s your own home and you stay there all the time you’re not have to repeat the tm30 form

Old news.

Also I never filed one on my condo even once.

Again, pay attention.

It's about an at least announced NEW ENFORCEMENT policy at Jomtien.

No service possible at Jomtien unless you have a TM30 in your passport done AFTER your last entry into Thailand.

We have one report that they might not be enforcing that new policy yet. 

So there is that.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, Jingthing said:

That's my understanding, yes.

If a foreigner buys a condo we get a blue book automatically. 

There is an onerous application process for foreigners to get a yellow book though. 

Yes I have blue Book then I obtained yellow book, important is the yellow book. It’s the recognise book for foreigners. Especially immigration

Using the new website, https://tm30.immigration.go.th/tm30/#/login,  (Started mid September and superceded the previous online and Section 38 app) is VERY EASY compared to all previous methods, WORKS WELL compared to previous methods, and requires less information.  Much easier to add foreign vistors or tenants too (no need for TM6 info, or arrival dates, and entry point - which, of course, the Immigration always had!.

I had to re-enter the information (which I had previously entered for the old website and Section 38 app) from scratch, but that turned out to be easy.  I have a blue house registration so I entered info as a Thai using my pink non-Thai ID card.

All I had to upload was the scan of my Pink card, the copy of the front page of each house registration, and I also uploaded a scan of the Land Deed. Non Permanent Residents would probably upload their passport detail page and a scan of the Yellow Book and Land Deed.

Register your condo/house first, confirm your email address, and start adding any foreign tenants or visitors.

Only problem (same as for pervious systems) is printing a hard copy of the TM30... I just did a screen shot of the acceptance page to print out for the tenant which may be needed for visa extensions.

If tenants/vistors leave the country there seems to be no need to do a new TM30 on re-entry (but I havent had to do that yet) as there is no arrival date, entry point, or TM6 number to enter.

Don't waste  your time going to an Immigration Office etc.

15 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Old news.

Also I never filed one on my condo even once.

Again, pay attention.

It's about an at least announced NEW ENFORCEMENT policy at Jomtien.

No service possible at Jomtien unless you have a TM30 in your passport done AFTER your last entry into Thailand.

We have one report that they might not be enforcing that new policy yet. 

So there is that.

Not a dig at you but it seems like you are making things more complicated for yourself than necessary. You said you live in Jomtien, just pop by, bring every single document you think they might ask for and do your first TM30. They'll advise you of any possible issues that might arise like the condo being a double unit etc..

6 hours ago, Vaughan9 said:

Using the new website, https://tm30.immigration.go.th/tm30/#/login,  (Started mid September and superceded the previous online and Section 38 app) is VERY EASY compared to all previous methods, WORKS WELL compared to previous methods, and requires less information.  Much easier to add foreign vistors or tenants too (no need for TM6 info, or arrival dates, and entry point - which, of course, the Immigration always had!.

I had to re-enter the information (which I had previously entered for the old website and Section 38 app) from scratch, but that turned out to be easy.  I have a blue house registration so I entered info as a Thai using my pink non-Thai ID card.

All I had to upload was the scan of my Pink card, the copy of the front page of each house registration, and I also uploaded a scan of the Land Deed. Non Permanent Residents would probably upload their passport detail page and a scan of the Yellow Book and Land Deed.

Register your condo/house first, confirm your email address, and start adding any foreign tenants or visitors.

Only problem (same as for pervious systems) is printing a hard copy of the TM30... I just did a screen shot of the acceptance page to print out for the tenant which may be needed for visa extensions.

If tenants/vistors leave the country there seems to be no need to do a new TM30 on re-entry (but I havent had to do that yet) as there is no arrival date, entry point, or TM6 number to enter.

Don't waste  your time going to an Immigration Office etc.

I am happy that the new online system worked for you.

However I really doubt that is for my situation.

Why?

I don't have a yellow book.

I am an owner occupant. Not a hotel. Not renting to tenants.

That system at least based on the English part appears to be for businesses. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ohyesuare said:

Not a dig at you but it seems like you are making things more complicated for yourself than necessary. You said you live in Jomtien, just pop by, bring every single document you think they might ask for and do your first TM30. They'll advise you of any possible issues that might arise like the condo being a double unit etc..

Understood but I prefer being as prepared as possible beforehand. 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, chickenslegs said:

After 2 tomorrow.

Hi there again!

Well it's now tomorrow. 

Can you kindly post if you got your passport back with new stamp this afternoon even though your TM30 does not comply with the announced new enforcement rules at Jomtien?

18 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Hi there again!

Well it's now tomorrow. 

Can you kindly post if you got your passport back with new stamp this afternoon even though your TM30 does not comply with the announced new enforcement rules at Jomtien?

Don't you mean comply with your understanding of the TM30 rules at Jomtien, rather than announced rules 

3 minutes ago, Pattaya57 said:

Don't you mean comply with your understanding of the TM30 rules at Jomtien, rather than announced rules 

No.

This has been announced in the local press (but not allowed to link to the source due to forum rules).

Apparently this also applies to Sri Racha as well. 

On 10/17/2023 at 8:05 AM, KannikaP said:

Are blue books for Thais, and Yellow for Falangs?

On 10/17/2023 at 10:46 AM, Jingthing said:

Yellow books are for Thais but possibly for foreigners to get with a lot of hassle. So I have blue.

Totally incorrect.
Blue books belong to the residence and all Thais must be registered in a Blue book.
Foreigners can apply for a Yellow book.
Foreign Condo owners should receive a Blue Book, but they cannot be named in it.
Only foreigners with PR status can be registered in a Blue book.

If as a foreign Condo owner you wish to file a TM30, you may upload the Blue Book as proof of the address, but you'll also need to upload the Chanute as proof of you being the named owner.

3 minutes ago, Liquorice said:

If as a foreign Condo owner you wish to file a TM30, you may upload the Blue Book as proof of the address, but you'll also need to upload the Chanute as proof of you being the named owner.

So no need to upload the Blue Book as Chanote is all they require for address

Edited by Pattaya57

5 minutes ago, Liquorice said:

Totally incorrect.
Blue books belong to the residence and all Thais must be registered in a Blue book.
Foreigners can apply for a Yellow book.
Foreign Condo owners should receive a Blue Book, but they cannot be named in it.
Only foreigners with PR status can be registered in a Blue book.

Fair enough.

But in practicality I was basically correct.

As a foreigner I got blue books automatically.

The yellow baok is not automatic. It's a process to apply and it's not a neccesity.

2 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Fair enough.

But in practicality I was basically correct.

As a foreigner I got blue books automatically.

The yellow baok is not automatic. It's a process to apply and it's not a neccesity.

You received a Blue book for the Condo, not you.
All Condos (and other residential premises) have a Blue book detailing the address (on the first page).
Subsequent pages list the 'Thai' people registered at that address.
You are not named in the book because you're a foreigner.

You therefore cannot register for the online TM30 using only your passport data page and Blue book.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Liquorice said:

You received a Blue book for the Condo, not you.
All Condos (and other residential premises) have a Blue book detailing the address (on the first page).
Subsequent pages list the 'Thai' people registered at that address.
You are not named in the book because you're a foreigner.

You therefore cannot register for the online TM30 using only your passport data page and Blue book.

Sounds correct.

Bottom line, I did get blue books. The condo is a thing. It has no awareness of what color book it might get.

I do understand the issue.

Blue books -- no owner name.

Edited by Jingthing

2 hours ago, Jingthing said:

I am happy that the new online system worked for you.

However I really doubt that is for my situation.

Why?

I don't have a yellow book.

I am an owner occupant. Not a hotel. Not renting to tenants.

That system at least based on the English part appears to be for businesses. 

I'm married, living in my wife's privately owned residency.
I am not the owner, but I am a possessor of the residence.

I registered for the online TM30 as a 'foreigner' and 'possessor' of the residence, submitting my passport data page, yellow Tabien Baan and (pink) Thai ID card.

Prior to 2020 I refilled 3 new TM30's when returning from overseas trips.

I haven't been required to file a new TM30 since 2020.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

I think the Pattaya Mail has taken it out of context.
There is no change in procedure.

If you turn up at an Immigration office for a service, they will check a TM30 has been filed.
If you do not possess a copy of the TM30 receipt stapled in your passport, then it can take the IO's a considerable amount of time to locate it on the system.
Chonburi are simply stating if you haven't got a TM30 receipt in your passport, then file one to get a new receipt.
No TM30 receipt, you're wasting their time, no service.

23 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Thanks. 

However I'm confused.

I think my situation is rather unusual and I'm kind of expected a fine.

So I'm not sure if I should even try to file online instead of going in instead.

It's not a problem for me to go in as I live in Jomtien.

You can file TM30 by mail, which needs to be done within 24 hours after arrival to the address, so state an arrival date accordingly.

On line is easier, also in case you leave and re-enters, and need to report a new TM30. Even that you according to the police order, should be able to re-enter with a "re-entry permit" on same TM30, it might not be accepted by the immigration and a new TM30 is required.

@Jingthing Going back to your original post.

On 10/17/2023 at 6:08 AM, Jingthing said:

The title explains it.

I kindly seek advice, the more specific the better.

I assume you need to do this in person to get a receipt to put in your passport.

I have blue books, not yellow books.

I use plural as technically I own two condos which are adjacent and joined.

So would I need to do TWO TM30's for such a situation or does immigration recognize adjacent condos are one residence?

For all intent and purposes, you class only one of the Condos as your main residence.
You then use that single address when dealing with Immigration.
Depending on whether you want to first register, then file online, or whether to file in person, the documents requested may vary slightly and both have already been listed in replies.

The Thai government use the Blue Tabien Baans as a running population census.
New births must be registered in a Blue book.
Deaths are removed from Blue books.
All Thais must be registered in a Blue book and one book only.
A Thai owning multiple private residences must decide which book he classes as his 'main residence' and he cannot be registered in others.

My wife owns two properties, but she is only registered in one.

Similarly, you may own two Condos, but you should only register using one of the addresses.

Edited by Liquorice
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Jingthing said:

No.

This has been announced in the local press (but not allowed to link to the source due to forum rules).

Never in history has a press report been anything other than 100% accurate, right? Also, Thai Immigration officials are renowned for their consistency, and never changing their minds?

With the official rules still being those announced in 2020, there is no certainty that Jomtien will always apply their own local regulations.

"If you turn up at an Immigration office for a service, they will check a TM30 has been filed."

When staying in hotel is there way to check on line if they have reported?

I usually ask screen hot of report but all don't give it.

Some give letter stating "report has been made" but no copy of it.

5 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Hi there again!

Well it's now tomorrow. 

I just got home.

Picked up my passport around 3.30pm. A moment of panic while they couldn't find my passport, but all is good.

New extension stamp, nothing said about a TM30. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 10/18/2023 at 8:55 AM, Liquorice said:

I think the Pattaya Mail has taken it out of context.
There is no change in procedure.

If you turn up at an Immigration office for a service, they will check a TM30 has been filed.
If you do not possess a copy of the TM30 receipt stapled in your passport, then it can take the IO's a considerable amount of time to locate it on the system.
Chonburi are simply stating if you haven't got a TM30 receipt in your passport, then file one to get a new receipt.
No TM30 receipt, you're wasting their time, no service.

Do others think that BM Liquorice is correct, please? 

2 hours ago, Bazle said:

Do others think that BM Liquorice is correct, please? 

From everything I have recently heard, the requirement for a TM30 is not absolute at all desks. However, it is certainly demanded more often than not.

• Thanks 1

What?

Do y'all think I wouldn't do an update?

Well, here it is.

I went in person to Jomtien.

I wrote down my two joined condo numbers with a hyphen.

My documents actually noted the same format on the front pages.

So I just gave them everything including the separate chanotes for both condos.

I was questioned somewhat sharply.

Two condos?

Then I made it clear they were joined, that it was one place to live with one front door. 

They had seen that before.

It would be possible for someone to own adjoining condos and live in one and rent the other, so it's important to make that distinction.

Given what was on the front documents showing two condo numbers I think I've been reporting my address and also this TM30 correctly.

Got the TM30 receipt showing both numbers but interestingly without the hyphen.

That's all good news, but here's some better news.

No fine!

I was told if there is a hotel tm30 done in Thailand, no need to report again. (Expected that.)

But I was also told if I leave Thailand and come back with a later reentry stamp from my now current TM3, because I am owner occupant, there is no need to report!

I assume that I would need to report a foreign guest in my condo though.

Thanks for all the feedback.

Did I even need the Tm30 I finally got?

I really don't know, but I'm happy I did it, as no need to worry about needing it for extensions etc. now.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

OK, now I have an update to my update.

As previously mentioned, the Jomtien TM30 desk told me that because I own my condo and live in it, I am NOT required to file a new TM30 when reentering Thailand and coming back to the same owner occupied condo.

But I still wondered if the retirement desk agrees with that.

I asked. I was told that they do.

• Like 1