Police Chief To Find Out Whether Thaksin Feigned Illness

webfact

41 minutes ago, herfiehandbag said:

Do you think anyone ( outside a small number of resident expats who can never forget he closed the bars at 2AM perhaps - stopping them from drinking and shagging themselves into an early grave) gives a monkeys?

So you think all those media reports about your criminal hero feigning sickness are to keep those small number of expats happy?

• Like 1

Morning musings:

The Police chief obviously doesn't read his memos.

It is reported that the prison barber refused to give Taksin the required prisoner haircut   The barber claimed that his clippers would be ruined by the black gunk on Mr T's hair.

The fugitive Boss Red Bull heir is negotiating return to Thailand, but he is very sick with debilitating medical conditions that will require medical care.

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, BenStark said:

So you think all those media reports about your criminal hero feigning sickness are to keep those small number of expats happy?

1) He is not my criminal hero.

2) The obsession with Thaksin's perceived mendacity is largely absent outside expat circles in my experience. Yes he is disliked and even hated by some, but that is not because of what he is accused of doing (after all they have been doing it for decades) but because he was a threat to their hegemony. Put simply, they had simply ignored the population for years, and had set up a system which had exclusively served them well; his brand of self centered populism posed an existential threat to the system.

Edited by herfiehandbag
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Kerryd said:

He was originally taken to the hospital after spending less than a day (probably in a VIP private cell) in prison, complaining of "insomnia".

That's it. Insomnia. I guess the bed in the special cell wasn't up to the standards he was used to.

So he gets taken to a luxury VIP hospital suite so he can have a nice nap. And then they have to concoct excuses to keep him there.

And when photos come out of him having fun in a swimming pool with his grandkids - they have to come up with a photo of him on a stretcher "looking sickly" to try and convince people that he should be allowed to stay in his VIP hospital suite.

And it's blatantly obvious to everyone. I'm sure they are working on giving him a full pardon "for health reasons" within a couple weeks. And once he's pardon, he'll immediately be given a position in the gov't (as an "advisor" that tells the actual PM what to say and do, starting with unfreezing all his bank accounts and returning all his money).

You have a very good outlook on what will happen shortly.Tony will decline any compensation for his new role as"Advisor" to he gov't.

He can dine with the newly released black panther shooter.

27 minutes ago, Jonathan Swift said:

Because it's how the game is played - for show. There are many layers to this, many players. Surely you don't expect them to be honest and above board?

Well I suppose not, it is after all being played out between establishment politicians and the top echelons of the police!

With all of thaksin's antics I would not be surprised if this was the military reminding him to shut up and back off.  But for Pprp and utn he could still have legal troubles and be sharing a cell with 200 other inmates.

I am sure part of the deal was comeback and be quiet.  So far he has verbally kept his word but he is starting to slip.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kingstonkid said:

With all of thaksin's antics I would not be surprised if this was the military reminding him to shut up and back off.  But for Pprp and utn he could still have legal troubles and be sharing a cell with 200 other inmates.

I am sure part of the deal was comeback and be quiet.  So far he has verbally kept his word but he is starting to slip.

All of these obsessive actions, discussions and "investigations" are almost too moot. 

As the cards have already been played - Thaksin's camp and the Big Boss' circle have long come to an agreement. Set in stone. It is what it is. 

Outside of the theatrical drama that it may or may not deserve, it's time for us to accept and forget. 

Get on with our lives. 

• Like 1

POLICE CHIEF Pol.Gen. Torsak Sukwimon today (Oct.17) ordered executive officials of Police Hospital to find out about the current condition of the “sickly” de facto Pheu Thai boss/convicted inmate Thaksin Shinawatra and whether he could possibly have feigned his way to hospital only to stay away from jail as alleged."

Good luck with that!

The newly-named police chief said he does not know much about the event in which the deposed prime minister has been staying at Police Hospital .............." 

Erm? Why not?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, spidermike007 said:

This will not happen. Why? Because a deal was struck with the army and other powers, to allow him an easy ride, in exchange for the complete sellout of PT. 

Are the cops above the army? Is anyone? 

It was blatantly obvious  from Day One of this charade about Thaksin coming home to "face the music" and serve his time "because he wanted to come home and look after his grandchildren" that it was an absolute farce, and anyone who believed any different is very naïve! 

We, as "farangs", can only shake our heads in disbelief as to what passes for justice and democracy in this country, and there are those that would say that things are no better in Western countries, but at least in the West, the public do not swallow such propaganda as truth! I have quoted it before, but an outstanding example is "The Watchman" who expected people to believe that he borrowed millions of baht's worth of watches from a friend, couldn't give them back because the friend was dead ,and anyway he had forgotten about them? I mean, come on, does he take his countrymen as fools? Erm? YES!

And the saddest thing about it is that there does not appear to be a solution to this attitude of riding roughshod over the people. 😞  

Edited by sambum
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, sambum said:

It was blatantly obvious  from Day One of this charade about Thaksin coming home to "face the music" and serve his time "because he wanted to come home and look after his grandchildren" that it was an absolute farce, and anyone who believed any different is very naïve! 

We, as "farangs", can only shake our heads in disbelief as to what passes for justice and democracy in this country, and there are those that would say that things are no better in Western countries, but at least in the West, the public do not swallow such propaganda as truth! I have quoted it before, but an outstanding example is "The Watchman" who expected people to believe that he borrowed millions of baht's worth of watches from a friend, couldn't give them back because the friend was dead ,and anyway he had forgotten about them? I mean, come on, does he take his countrymen as fools? Erm? YES!

And the saddest thing about it is that there does not appear to be a solution to this attitude of riding roughshod over the people. 😞  

I do think the justice system takes the people as fools. I think the generals and ministers don't care. It is a 'we are the big dogs, and you are the irrelevant plebs" mentality. They desperately need to be taken down a notch. 

That is why so many of us found it so satisfying when the senate crook was called out recently in Iceland. This should be happening all over the country all day long. Not a Wai. More like sheer scorn. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

"Police Chief To Find Out Whether Thaksin Feigned Illness"

Its a difficult task for him...... but I suppose he could start by asking how many other of the 358,369 people currently prisoners in Thailand to-day,

are sick and being treated in the Police special Hospital..........................:coffee1:

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

This will not happen. Why? Because a deal was struck with the army and other powers, to allow him an easy ride, in exchange for the complete sellout of PT. 

Are the cops above the army? Is anyone? 

Looking at the way things seem to be done.  I agree a deal has been made. However it would not surprise me if thaksin pushed the limit and or the military had a change of heart.

Both PT and military are trying to regain the support and control the lost.