Srettha invites Putin to visit Thailand

webfact

1 minute ago, bob smith said:

again, a byproduct of nation states exploiting other poorer states.

if we got rid of nation states, then people would have equal access to all those things you mentioned, no?

Nations are a figment of the humans imagination.

They arent real, and nationalism is the cause of millions upon millions of deaths worldwide.

It's human nature to be in a 'gang' and the biggest gangs are nations.

The notion wealthy Americans, as an example, might be prepared to have their way of life and standard of living decimated in order to accommodate everyone in Central America is laughable.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, webfact said:

Doesn't exactly point to a sophisticated understanding of international relations ...

Why stir the hornets' nest with such a silly (no doubt pro forma) invitation when you don't actually have to?

Edited by mfd101
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, scorecard said:

I can't believe the Thai PMs staff have not told him that there's an international warrant out for Putin's arrest. And Thailand is a signatory to the international court which issued the warrant.

Thailand is a signatory but it hasn't been ratified.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, scorecard said:

there's an international warrant out for Putin's arrest. And Thailand is a signatory to the international court which issued the warrant.

Maybe when he see's the condition a "Certain" other prisoner enjoys, he wouldn't mind staying, but of course, like the other Certain prisoner  he would have to be genuinely really really  sick ..............................:w00t:

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, VBer said:

This is obligatory military conscription for one year, it is performing every year since the Soviet Union. Men from there are not going to Ukrainian war. At the end of one year service MoD trying hard to convince them to sign contract, but the final decision is voluntary.

Wow....Interesting......so they can avoid frontline action even though conscripted? Are there any subtle forms of punishment for refusing or are they not even asked, during their one year, to serve on the frontline?

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

Ever watched football....rugby....cricket????

wouldnt the biggest gang of all be the world gang then?

where everyone in the world is part of the same gang?

this is where your logic kinda breaks down..

Edited by bob smith

1 minute ago, bob smith said:

wouldnt the biggest gang of all be the world gang then?

were everyone in the world is part of the same gang?

this is where your logic kinda breaks down..

555.......So all football fans are just one, big happy family supporting each others teams?

Edited by Will B Good
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Will B Good said:

The point is....you can.....it reflects human nature...wanting to be in a gang.....from a couple to a family group to a village to county to a nation......and so on.....there are endless examples of gangs.,,,,of which nations are the biggest.

but nations don't exist.

only land sea and air do.

• Sad 2

5 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

Wow..... that is some faultless logic.....I give in.....you and your gang win...555

did the dinosaurs have nation states?

how about the bonobos?

gorillas? 

birds?

snakes?

nah, didnt think so.

humans have been here a little over 200,000 years and we have totally recked the place and destroyed it with red tape.

I can only hope for a big asteroid to come and wipe the lot of us off the face of the earth once and for all. We are all a complete waste of oxygen.

Edited by bob smith

30 minutes ago, bob smith said:

again, a byproduct of nation states exploiting other poorer states.

if we got rid of nation states, then people would have equal access to all those things you mentioned, no?

Nations are a figment of the humans imagination, just like religion and the tooth fairy..

They arent real, and nationalism is the indirect cause of millions upon millions of deaths worldwide.

OK Trotsky 

10 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

Wow....Interesting......so they can avoid frontline action even though conscripted? Are there any subtle forms of punishment for refusing or are they not even asked, during their one year, to serve on the frontline?

They not being sent to frontline. They serve one year and after that MoD trying to convince them to sign contract. If not agreed, they going to home. Currently at the war only those who signed contract voluntarily plus some amount of men drafted in September 2022.

• Haha 1

I don't even need to read the comments.....I can hear the Western expat's screams of indignation all the way up here in Lamphun  (but I'll read it for fun - maybe I'm wrong and then I'll delete this).  Let see......  :thumbsup:

<a few minutes later> 
Yep - I called it.  Out of 51 posts there were perhaps 2 that were informative regarding the ICC, 4 that were neutral commentary primarily about the ICC, 1 commenting on the meeting as being an exercise in diplomacy......which leaves about 44.  So taking a napkin calculation over 85% of the comments are pretty much anti-Russia/anti-Putin.  Add mine to the "diplomacy is a good idea as well as Thai-Russian diplomacy as there are positive economic ramifications for Thailand to maintain friendly relationships with both Russia and China.  As usual, I'm in the minority (less than 5% positive comments). 

Diplomacy is always a good idea.

Edited by connda
  • Like 2
  • Confused 2

14 minutes ago, bob smith said:

how about the bonobos?

gorillas? 

birds?

snakes?

nah, didnt think so.

humans have been here a little over 200,000 years and we have totally recked the place and destroyed it with red tape.

I can only hope for a big asteroid to come and wipe the lot of us off the face of the earth once and for all. We are all a complete waste of oxygen.

Always look on the bright side of life....do do do do do.....

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, bob smith said:

how about the bonobos?

gorillas? 

birds?

snakes?

nah, didnt think so.

You do know creatures form gangs and defend resources to their death?

• Like 2