Srettha invites Putin to visit Thailand

webfact

1 hour ago, micmichd said:

I don't feel stabbed in the back.

Until 2019, 8 countries were allowed to carry on purchasing oil from Iran. As for Russian crude, it is still filling up tanks in western nations. 

Russia sells crude gas and oil  to smart nations (eg China)  who refine and resell to the west, making substantial profit inbetween. Rotterdam and another gas tanker port terminal in France,  are the main points of entry.

Edited by observer90210

7 hours ago, ChipButty said:

Even Putin would be amazed at the amount of Russians in Phuket and the amount of money being invested here 

Let us hope he invites all the russian from Phuket to join the russian army and takes them all with I’m on his way back

8 hours ago, Pouatchee said:

what a frucking sycophant

nothin' good here in the very near future

i smell the birth of a dictatorship

makes me feel sick to my stomach

You become the person you associate with the most 

1 hour ago, kwilco said:

I think the new government's relationship with the west will suffer  as a result of the visit by this disgusting man. It isn't helped by encouraging Russians to stay longer here  either.

On top of this they are going to render themselves extremely unpopular with other expats - do they have no empathy??

One wonders what they hope to gain from this shift in alignment.

The future of economic prosperity  is anywhere but no longer with the US or Europe. A smart businessman like the actuel Thai PM has perfectly understood that.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, daejung said:

Srettha supports war criminals then

Why ? I do not see a photo with anybody from Israel or the USA ? Israel army shot down a journalist from Al Jazeera network some time back. Israel refused the injunctions of the international criminal court to bring the military chaps guilty to court and it was fully with the support of the US who refused that Israel respond to the crime in at the International Criminal Court. So no better then Russia IMHO.

Edited by Middle Aged Grouch
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, rudi49jr said:

What’s amazing to me is how many Putin fan boys there are in this thread. Must be a busy day at the troll farms in St. Petersburg. The one in Russia, not the one in Florida. 

I understand you are brainwashed by the mainstream media but unfortunately more and more people are just fed up with these wars that are always caused either by the USA or by Russia.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, ravip said:

Does it mean that the entire world should agree 100% with the West and reject ALL that the West has rejected?

Is the West doing the best for ALL the human race?

Yes. The west is superior. Freedom of speech, true democracies, independent and non corrupt judiciary, checks and balances of all state powers including the media, free press, advanced healt care and education (the best in the world, and free), the world's best welfare systems, leading the world in aid for less fortunate countries, equal rights for all (no matter religion, nationality, sex or wealth) Shall I go on RavidP?

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, MartinBangkok said:

Yes. The west is superior. Freedom of speech, true democracies, independent and non corrupt judiciary, checks and balances of all state powers including the media, free press, advanced healt care and education (the best in the world, and free), the world's best welfare systems, leading the world in aid for less fortunate countries, equal rights for all (no matter religion, nationality, sex or wealth) Shall I go on RavidP?

Free press ? In Europe they have censored the Russian International Cable TV netoworks. Free education ? really ? I think the freshmen back in the US won't agree. Best welfare ? really ? Check out the miserable pensions handed out in many western nations, and why the pensioners need flee to Asia to survive. Advanced health care for all ? I think that a fast check on the many homeless in the streets of NYC or Gdansk may slightly disagree with that. Sorry. No hard feelings and no offence.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, John Drake said:

Hard as it may be for some people to believe, Prayuth and Prawit were much more careful and strategic in their thinking and especially in their actions. Whenever there was a move toward China, it was balanced with a turn towards the US and Europe. Many of us said before and right after the election that PTP was Thaksin and Thaksin hates the West. 

If Thaksin hates Westerners why did he buy Manchester City ?

• Confused 1