Activists Plan To Visit Thaksin At Hospital Uninvited

webfact

IMO they should just end this charade now.

Release him to his own hospital (Praram 9), or home confinement through February 2024, which is when most predict he will be given a final release pardon.

Why go through all this angst for four months? Rip the band-aid off. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

They intend to visit him?

They won't get anywhere near him, in fact they won't get past the front gate of the hospital.

I suppose the next stage will be a protest camp outside the gates of the hospital, stages, sound systems and no doubt "guards" to "protect" the protesters. Maybe they have raised some money?

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, herfiehandbag said:

They intend to visit him?

They won't get anywhere near him, in fact they won't get past the front gate of the hospital.

I suppose the next stage will be a protest camp outside the gates of the hospital, stages, sound systems and no doubt "guards" to "protect" the protesters. Maybe they have raised some money?

They get to join hands and sing Kumbaya 😀

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Artisi said:

probably "looked up" on Wiki, so that doesn't mean much - considering any man or his dog can change the story to suit the occasion. 

Well why don't you give me some links to point me in the 'Right' direction? I checked with all the reputable news services. Or are you another one with an unfounded opinion

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, bizboi said:

Maybe you should look up the land deals he made in his wife’s name and the Tak bai massacre of 1500 people most of whom were his political opponents - one question what do YOU get out of falsely defending a correctly convicted criminal?

I think you should provide a link to your "massacre of 1500 people".

There was a disgraceful incident, but not on that scale.

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, bannork said:

•  Abusing authority to order the Exim Bank to approve a 4 billion baht loan to Myanmar, benefitting his own companies.

•  Unlawfully ordering the Government Lottery Office to sell two- and three-digit lottery.

• Abusing his authority to have a concession contract of Shin Corp amended to allow it to pay an excise tax for mobile phone operation services instead of concession.

And the one he got away with:

2001: hiding millions of baht in his servants' names for years. Suspected of manipulating the stock market. 

He claimed it was ' an honest mistake' !!!

Thank you

3 hours ago, daveAustin said:

I used to like him too, Rob—mainly for his challenge of the system—but you best dig deeper. Thailand, at least from ‘our’ perspective, was infinitely better than when he tooled up in the early 2000s. Fell out with the ex many times over this guy. Better to channel your energies to the likes of Thanatorn. Genuine switched on person with a good heart that doesn’t need the money. 

Thank you @daveAustin