Telling the truth Philippines

georgegeorgia

1 hour ago, prakhonchai nick said:

Live in the Philippines and if you're British, your state pension is not frozen.. Maybe the only benefit!

I was looking for a postal address. Not a lot going.

Then I though, is it really worth it!!??

1 hour ago, Will B Good said:

Basically none where there is a religion of any sort.......the single biggest crime committed on a daily basis is allowing religious schools to indoctrinate young minds.

I saw this last year , seems also to be these Pentecostal churches there too 

They claim to be religious people but will stab you in the back 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, prakhonchai nick said:

Back in the days when I was at school, a Catholic Grammar Schol in North London UK. I was not indoctrinated, but told all sorts of nonsense about God and Jesus and how they would always be there to help those that believed.   Utter nonsense. Nobody was or now is ever there.  That applies to all the other "Gods" of other religions too. . PEOPLE  Stop being so gullible! Think for yourselves!

God helps those .....who help themselves😉

• Thumbs Up 1

Many people are proud of the countries they live in.  They accept the good with the bad.  Some people live in countries with bad governments .  But the people still maintain their pride and dignity.  
Unlike some people that blame their personal misfortunes on their countries and everything else in life. 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, swm59nj said:

Many people are proud of the countries they live in.  They accept the good with the bad.  Some people live in countries with bad governments .  But the people still maintain their pride and dignity.  
Unlike some people that blame their personal misfortunes on their countries and everything else in life. 

Yes, it's true. I never met a Filipino/Filipina who complained about their lot in life. They just got on with it. 10 kids and still smiling. When I asked them why they continued to have kids, they just laughed and said big families are good! Plus, I guess the absence of contraception might play a part.

18 hours ago, oxo1947 said:

1960, Philippines had a population of 26.3 million people.

1960.  Thailand had a population of  26.5 Million People

To-day Philippines--- 113.9 million People

To-day Thailand---- 71.6 million People

All Hail the Catholic Church.............................:w00t:

If you want to bash the Catholic Church, be my guest.

However, your implied conclusion that the PH population growth is due to their religion is baseless. There are many Catholic countries where population growth is close to zero. There are non-Catholic countries with exponential population growth too, take e.g. Bangladesh or Indonesia.

I think it has more to do with general ignorance of contraception or difficulty to access it, which is strongly correlated with poverty. And the belief that parents who have large families will be taken care of by them in their old age.

Edited by arithai12
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, prakhonchai nick said:

Back in the days when I was at school, a Catholic Grammar Schol in North London UK. I was not indoctrinated, but told all sorts of nonsense about God and Jesus and how they would always be there to help those that believed.   Utter nonsense. Nobody was or now is ever there.  That applies to all the other "Gods" of other religions too. . PEOPLE  Stop being so gullible! Think for yourselves!

West London. 2003. My son and at least 4 friends' children were born. They were Philipina and Italian Catholic. They went to church every Sunday until their kids got places in good Catholic schools. They never went afterwards. Lucky enough my half English/Thai son went to a local CofE primary school nearest catchment so no need to pretend to be religious.  

Edited by soi3eddie