Sourpuss Waitresses.

bob smith

There is only one way to guarantee that you get a proper English breakfast is to do it yourself. ensuring that you have control over the quality of the ingredients , real bacon and sausages , black pudding , Heinz baked beans , free range eggs and proper bread , yes a bit more work , but at least you get consistency , only downside is the washing up.

4 hours ago, save the frogs said:

privileged westerners making 10 times more than the locals getting dictatorial over a few eggs that should be cooked like back home and getting waitresses fired.

make sure to include that in your memoirs. 

The waitress won’t be fired 

The farang will be ridiculed 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, save the frogs said:

privileged westerners

Privileged? You are avin a laugh!!

if you even knew how utterly ridiculous that statement you have just made is then you surely wouldn’t have said it!!

the average Thai is poor because they are lazy. They didn’t study, they chose the easy way out or got knocked up at 13 or joined a gang and did some jail time.

now the only work they can find is waitress or taxi driver. That is not my fault or responsibility. I’m not here to pay for people’s rent through my tips, though I do tip if the service is good. If the only job you can get is a sever then why not be the best server you can be, instead of taking this perceived injustice out on paying customers with an aggressive and entitled attitude? 

if they are not happy in their jobs then boo hoo hoo, my heart bleeds. QUIT! PRONTO! And go and work on uncle somchais farm in Nakhon Nowhere in the scorching hot sun instead of spoiling everyone’s day at the restaurant with your sourpuss grin. 

Edited by bob smith
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

19 hours ago, novacova said:

You implied that you didn’t like the cooking.

She doesn’t like rude customers bad mouthing about the the food.

Next time just roll with it and not be so bothered by your pickyness and move on 

How do you know he was rude?  You're just making that up to suit your own personality problems 

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Irrumator said:

Thai's have the thinnest skin of anyone I have ever met.  They can't handle even the mildest criticism and their pathetically childish defamation laws reflect that.  

Dealing with most Thais is like dealing with 4 year old children.

I agree.

It's beyond pathetic. 

How they even manage to get through life is beyond me.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, Irrumator said:

Idiot.  What a fatuous post.  

Well when someone posts daily about their problems getting along with people in fairly simple situations and their problems with drinking you can put two and two together. Never had such a rude reply so that might say something about you and how you deal with things my good man. 

• Thumbs Up 2

18 hours ago, novacova said:

Then you should well know, don’t complain about the food that is served to you in Thailand, because it’s considered an insult. Adapt with politeness or buzz off 😃

Not true at all. I find it's easy enough to complain about something not right at all the restaurants I visit, and get a "sorry sir" response with no hard feelings or loss of face. The problem is with the management and how they train their staff.

Talking about breakfast buffets (I prefer my eggs runny), I complimented the egg chef at a hotel buffet just last week on how well she made the omelets and I scoffed down at least 6 of her perfectly fried eggs. There might be a few things to whinge about in Thailand, but in general, I find restaurant staff are pretty good in my experience. Occasionally you get a bad egg, but it's not the norm.

If you find the staff disagreeable at a restaurant, it's time to find another place to eat.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

Well when someone posts daily about their problems getting along with people in fairly simple situations and their problems with drinking you can put two and two together. Never had such a rude reply so that might say something about you and how you deal with things my good man. 

Don't mess around, go for the jugular! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, bob smith said:

what is it with these moody waitresses in Thailand

Try imagining what it's like to have to put up with moaning farangs like you that don't bother specifying how they like their eggs and then demanding they get cooked again.

If I was that waitress I'd have poured the tea over you and rubbed the eggs in your hair.

• Sad 2
  • Love It 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, thaibeachlovers said:

Try imagining what it's like to have to put up with moaning farangs like you that don't bother specifying how they like their eggs and then demanding they get cooked again.

If I was that waitress I'd have poured the tea over you and rubbed the eggs in your hair.

THEN QUIT!!!

Nobody is forcing these miserable wenches to work in the restaurant biz!

Jesus, how daft can you get!

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Most like their eggs cooked.

• Thanks 1