Dan discusses his Pattaya Bargirl relationship and advises others to not do the same.

Goat

31 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

IMO the key to having a good relationship in Thailand is to never let anyone know how much you have, and leave at least 70% of your assets in your home country.

My GF and I have been together for about ten years, there are success stories as well as the disasters.

Good advice.

I think you previously said you also met your gf in the adult entertainment industry?

What did you think about Dan's advice.

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, theshu25 said:

Listemned to 1 minute ,that was plenty enough of this tosser.

The first minute he was discussing business success, not the prostitutes.

To be hoest with you i dont listen to him in that regard, doesnt seem to be very well off at all, more a battler who still needs to work. I retired years ago.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Sqoop said:

It's not just bar girls, watch out for the freelancers as well. So many of these women have family based money problems and so are money mad.

Indeed.

A lot of gambling related debt and taking out loans with massively high interest rates.

But the Pattaya prostitutes would have to be right up near the top of financial disasters as I think Dan alluded to.

6 minutes ago, StayinThailand2much said:

My (non-bar) ex-girlfriend only once (in eight years) remembered my birthday...

Was she from Issan? 

Half the older generation are not even sure of what day they were born on. Birthdays were never a big thing up there and hardly celebrated at all until recently.

They think it is a bit silly to carry on about a birthday. Who cares really?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Celsius said:

Is he really that much better marrying a Russian? 

Probaly better off marrying a Thai if living in Thailand IMO.

Especially with his lack of Thai language skills.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, QuantumQuandry said:

There's an age when you should pay for sex and an age when you shouldn't?

Who determined the correct age and the appropriate level of shaming?  Is there a chart?

Good question. 

I would say if you want someone under 30 which seems to be the preference i would expect 60+ year olds to mostly be paying, but not all.

But to see a 30 year old expat walking around Pattaya with a prostitute, I think that looks pitiful IMHO.

You would have to have very low self esteem to not find a real girl.

Maybe just a short time at that age. But not a full time sponsor girlfriend experience relationship which I think there is a big difference.

Dan also addresses this point.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Goat said:

Thats right Peter. It just keeps happening.

What I found interesting about Dan Cheeseman's relationship with his Pattaya bargirl was that he was living here and in his early 30s. I can understand an elderly expat or a younger two week millionaire, but a young fella in his prime. Living in Thailand?

Dan dicusses older fellas falling for them when advising against it, and quite strongly.

But i think the vast majority of farangs who move here in their 30s avoid bar prostitutes like the plague.

Firstly because especially at that age you shouldnt be paying for sex, that is just pitiful. And he says that the reason that he thinks fellas do end up in love with prostitutes is because of pity which I thought was a bit ironic.

Secondly because there are literally tens of thousands of hot single available friendly girls in Thailand. Why would you even waste time with a hooker? Why did Dan choose Pattaya of all places? Not a place where the younger crowd gravitate to. Back twenty years ago Koh Samui, Tao, Phangnan were the places to be for the younger crowd.

Was Dan sponsoring his Pattaya hooker full time? Or did he let her work and he just shared. He said it was a longer term relationship and he mentions "taking care" of extended family so I assume he was paying her not to work.

So Dan's 'fell in love with a Pattaya prostitute" story isnt the usual "middle aged and got divorced in UK and found love in a Pattaya Bar"

vloggers choose pattaya because other locations don't get views on a monetized channel

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, transam said:

This reads like Goaty's gay bar exploits, eh Goaty, tell all.................😘

I have been in quite a few gay bars in Thailand over the years.

Both the male ones and the Tomboy ones. All good fun. 

I never made love with any though. I think it was you who said that it hurts like buggery?

• Confused 3
  • Haha 1