So what makes Russians deserving of 90 day visa exemption??

11 minutes ago, Walker88 said:
2 hours ago, Social Media said:

Its a simple reciprocal agreement; Russia gave Thais the 90 days for Russia. 

11 minutes ago, Walker88 said:

And of course the lines at the russian embassy for Thais looking to vacation in russia is miles long.

And why would there be lines at the Russian embassy if they do not require a visa? (which they don't)

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Walker88 said:
2 hours ago, Social Media said:

And of course the lines at the russian embassy for Thais looking to vacation in russia is miles long.

They get 90 days visa-free, apparently, why would there be any lines at the Russian embassy?

• Thumbs Up 1

Could be reciprocity with visa exemption for Thai people in Russia like some South American countries do with Thailand.

We don't talk much about them but Argentinian and Brazilian citizens have had 90 days exemption for years.

Or it could be the beginning of a bigger visa friendly system towards Nothern countries. (which I hope)

If it is not one of those 2 reasons, I would be quite upset.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Social Media said:

In the O/P I read:

5 hours ago, csaba81 said:

Royal Thai Government has approved a unilateral and temporary tourist visa exemption scheme for holders of Russian passports or travel documents, entering the Kingdom of Thailand from 1 November 2023 to 30 April 2024,

Note the word unilateral. Are you privy to some information that 'Sydney consulate' is not?

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

It wasn't the ordinary Russian tourist that started the war (sorry Vlad, special military operation) against Ukraine was it. Why should they be penalized for the actions of their mischief making president?

As far as I'm concerned the more opportunities that Russian citizens get to be away from their country and the propaganda that is being stuffed down their throats, the better they will understand that they are being duped by Putin and his propaganda machine.

A bit of exposure to unbiased media can only be a good thing. And let's not forget that they're bring money into the country as well.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1