British Tourist Trips on Road Stud and Breaks Nose in Pattaya

snoop1130

9 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The incident has brought wider attention to the conditions of various sidewalks and paths across Pattaya.

What sidewalks?

We aren't trying to say this is a recent problem are we.... !

A great example is trying to enter Walking Street in the evenings... pedestrians forced out into traffic on the bend where they can be killed or have legs crushed by huge coaches... all to accommodate some lazy, unnecessary, lounging motorcycle taxis. That has been a problems since WS became restricted to vehicles. 

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 1
  • Love It 1

8 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

These issues need to be publicised as much as possible so that those in positions of decision making power are forced to care. In Thailand this only seems to be effective through social medial and loss of face... so I hope this news forces those in positions f decision making power to lose sufficient face that they are embarrassed into doing the right thing and addressing such issues. 

Very much in agreement.....

Just now, arick said:

Road are all closed traffic everywhere last week. One  hour to drive 5 km..  a d now people trippy g in the road. You guys can have all this crap there not me.  I think Gaza looks better. 

Could contain:

Edited by arick
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

This could be addressed quite easily by removing the high markers and if need-be replaced with something more flush.

However these are the least of pedestrians issues, most sidewalks are dangerous in some way.

The flush studs are solar, I installed thousands of them in the UK 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

There is bound to be some 'reflux' from those who see any criticism of Thailand as Thai bashing, and they'll claim that the guy 'should have been looking where he was going' etc etc...

However, issues such as this impact Thai's too, Thai's fall victim of such issues, Thai's also complain of such issues, just as we (non-Thai's) do.....   Hopefully, that puts the 'Thai bashing' arguments to bed.... (but I doubt it will).

These issues need to be publicised as much as possible so that those in positions of decision making power are forced to care. In Thailand this only seems to be effective through social medial and loss of face... so I hope this news forces those in positions f decision making power to lose sufficient face that they are embarrassed into doing the right thing and addressing such issues. 

The next time it could be a family on a motorcycle coming off after hitting the 'object' and getting mown down by a following truck. 

Its not just Pattaya that has horrific safety standards for pedestrians....    Just ask anyone in a wheelchair or a parent with a child.

You must be joking I hope...

Irresponsibility is part of the culture in Thailand.

As long as only insurance companies get stuck with the bills, nothing will change.

Certainly not because of a 'broken nose', while we see all the carnage on the roads, and nothing is ever done about it.

"As many as 939,713 road accidents were reported in Thailand last year, up 4.7% from 2021, the Thailand Road Accidents Data Centre for Road Safety Culture (ThaiRSC) said. According to data revealed by ThaiRSC on Friday, road accidents claimed 14,737 lives and injured 924,799 in Thailand last year.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

I hope this news forces those in positions f decision making power to lose sufficient face that they are embarrassed i

No face loss to the officilas who all managed to cross the road safely.

It was the Brit who lost a bit of his face on the road.

• Sad 2

16 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

There is bound to be some 'reflux' from those who see any criticism of Thailand as Thai bashing, and they'll claim that the guy 'should have been looking where he was going' etc etc...

However, issues such as this impact Thai's too, Thai's fall victim of such issues, Thai's also complain of such issues, just as we (non-Thai's) do.....   Hopefully, that puts the 'Thai bashing' arguments to bed.... (but I doubt it will).

I am sure if something like that happens to Thai people, they will think "I should have been more careful". Or maybe they think about bad luck and buying another amulet or whatever.

Farangs, and especially farangs from that so called land of the free, like to blame road maintenance, the admiration, and whatever. And obviously they want millions for compensation.

Personally, I think if there is i.e. a sewer cover, and that falls down when a person walks over it, that is the responsibility of the street maintenance, admin, something like that. But if someone crosses a street, he/she should look where he walks and act if there is a problem.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

British Tourist Trips on Road Stud and Breaks Nose in Pattaya

People need to be accountable. 

Watch where they are going, keep alert. 

How do you break your nose, why not put arms out as you fall?

Must have been sleep walking. 

I must say those road studs are the worst invention, maybe city hall had too much money or a family member wanted to sell their stupid product at an over inflated price 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, roo860 said:

The original cat's eye road stud was not the glass type, this was the original invented by Percy Shaw, my old boss actually new him, this was invented in 1935.

Could contain:

The two eyes were glass, I used to lever them out of the rubber surround they had nice copper or brass surrounds polished up nicely.