German Expat's Car Mysteriously Catches Fire in Udon Thani

webfact

39 minutes ago, JCauto said:

"His wife added that she was relieved her husband was unharmed and, while they are unsure of the fire's cause, they are thankful for divine protection."

Seems to me that the fire's cause is likely to be ascertained and the "divine protection" a complete figment of the imagination. Perhaps it's soothing to go through life without a clue about why stuff happens.

It's either God's will or the work of the Devil for many. That's all they want to know.

57 minutes ago, JCauto said:

"His wife added that she was relieved her husband was unharmed and, while they are unsure of the fire's cause, they are thankful for divine protection."

Seems to me that the fire's cause is likely to be ascertained and the "divine protection" a complete figment of the imagination. Perhaps it's soothing to go through life without a clue about why stuff happens.

A lot of people are going to have a terrible shock when they die. "Oh, what's all this?"

And here I thought it was a well known German car brand. There have been a few cases of spontaneous combustion (a friend’s car caught fire while parked and he was inside… 2 days after being in for regular servicing at the dealer). 

5 minutes ago, bluejets said:

Simply a matter of lack of preventative maintenance.

I've had motor vehicles much older than that (45 years old in fact) and never had a breakdown or "burst into flames".

Neither had he this was first time it burst into flames 🔥 😳 😅 

4 hours ago, JCauto said:

She wanted a new car.