Thai PM accuses Israeli employers of exploiting Thai workers amidst crisis

webfact

I feel every sympathy for the Thai workers and the situation they are in, terrible situation to be in for people trying to better themselves and their families economically. Early days but I'm not impressed with what I'm seeing from the Thai PM on the international front so far, I think he's showing a real lack of experience in how he's going about things publicly. I think I read previously that part of his character was a tendency towards  a fiery temper, which could point towards insecurity of decision making, will be interesting to see how that develops if things don't go his way. This is an early pressure situation he didn't envisage.

Edited by kinyara
edit

21 hours ago, TheFishman1 said:

Thais over there working over there they get a decent wage TIT

Not necessarily true. Employers nd the various agents, travel companies etc., involved rip them off continuously for large amounts of monry. Ultimately their net income is not that good. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Middle Aged Grouch said:

So that's a reason to treat them badly ?

I can just imagine, the Thai agents put up signs in markets and similar places, somehow a Thai agent gets into the picture, agent tells applicant numerous untruths and twists and conveniently doesn't tell them the possible negatives and pitfalls.

Agent pushes for the candidate to sign quickly so the agent gets his/her commission.

Fair play?   NO.

btw, nowadays thai workers know exactly what awaits them here. brothers and cousins bring over family as employers like to know who is coming to them. my husband's first cousin has his visa finished in two weeks and would live to stay more. the pay is fair more ioften than not nowadays. the consulate here works better than in the past as she is actually american/ thai and super pro active, traveling all over Israel and not as inclined to HISO/ issaan bias. 

there is only one main thai israeli manpower group that actually takes care of workers now, workers can change employer more easily, most employers dont withhold passports any more. living 

conditions have improved.

( i am in contact with thais / israeli thais and translators etc). 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, ThaiFelix said:

No one can show proof of these baby massacres and pregnant women given c sections?  Where is it?

The videos have been shown to journalists and on the condition that they do not record them .

Israel doesn't want to put the videos in the public domain due to respect for the privacy of the deceased and their families 

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2

On 10/26/2023 at 7:03 PM, Nick Carter icp said:

The videos have been shown to journalists and on the condition that they do not record them .

Israel doesn't want to put the videos in the public domain due to respect for the privacy of the deceased and their families 

You cant be serious bwahahaha!

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Love It 1

3 minutes ago, ThaiFelix said:

You cant be serious bwahahaha!

That is the truth and the reality 

40 journalists were invited  to view the atrocities. Some of it was live streamed as well and a Hamas supporter on these threads can verify that  as he saw them and posted live at the time and posted about them on these  forums 

• Haha 1

On 10/25/2023 at 4:42 PM, Jingthing said:

They signed contracts, didn't they?

Kind of like 'contracts' Thai women sign to go work as house maids, but end up working in a brothel.

Though I haven't seen the Thai farm workers' contracts, I suspect part of the contract is that they would be paid. Not paying them is reneging on the contract.

• Like 1

Why not try practicing what you preach. All the Burmese, Laos, etc. here working as virtual slaves in the fishing industry, to name but one of many. Clean up your own stinking, putrid back yard before throwing accusations at others.

• Like 1

On 10/26/2023 at 6:58 PM, ThaiFelix said:

No one can show proof of these baby massacres and pregnant women given c sections?  Where is it?

Obviously you haven't being paying attention. They say antisemitism is rising. I disagree, it's always been there, only now we know where.

3 hours ago, Walker88 said:

Kind of like 'contracts' Thai women sign to go work as house maids, but end up working in a brothel.

Though I haven't seen the Thai farm workers' contracts, I suspect part of the contract is that they would be paid. Not paying them is reneging on the contract.

Of course they should be paid.

Duh.

But Israel is at war and in crisis level perhaps not seen since its founding.

Its not normal peace time business there now. I reckon most Thai workers there want to and should go home now.

If they are owed back pay if Israel is still an intact country after the war I'm sure that Thai diplomats will assist in trying to get any still owed compensation.