Michael Cohen says he inflated assets to ‘whatever number Trump told us to’

Social Media

1 hour ago, Yellowtail said:

Have you ever driven drunk? Is that why you think it's common? 

Have you NEVER made a late payment? If so, you lied on the application. 

I've read and heard news about drunk drivers, seen obviously drunk people (a couple of them in police uniforms) get into cars and on motorbikes and drive, and I've seen many, many people on the roads of Thailand who drive like they're drunk.  That's why I think drunk driving is common.

This one is so absurd it's funny:  "Have you NEVER made a late payment? If so, you lied on the application."

You can not lie about a future event.  Even you must know that.

Edited by heybruce
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Longwood50 said:

As to evidence you seem to ignore what has already been discovered and testified to.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12356923/Hunter-Bidens-business-partner-Devon-Archer-arrives-bombshell-testimony-Joes-involvement-shady-business-deals-DOJ-accused-trying-jail-talk.html

Now I find Joe Bidens assertion that he never had any knoweldge of his son's business transactions a far greater cime that if Trump overvalued Mar Lar Go.    filed.  image.png.50700645d3c7c226bd83d83bfd875efa.pngNo

Once again, you betray your actual lack of knowledge of what Devon Archer said. Over the space of about 10 years, Hunter Biden received 20 calls from his father at these dinners/meetings. Only pleasantries were exchanged. Absolutely no business matters were discussed. What's more, Archer said that his father called him daily. So, if over the space of 10 years, Hunter Biden received only 20 phone calls at these business dinners/meetings out of the thousands he received from his father,  how does that constitute proof that these phone calls were arranged in advance?

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

All that proves is that they have been clever in concealing their crime.  As said, common sense tells you that Hunter Biden wouldn't receive the time of day for his efforts if he was not influence peddling his father.  

They have already uncovered over $20 million flowing to the Biden family.  

Now you pillary Trump for perhaps overvaluing assets but I see no public outcry against Hunter Biden who filed FALSE TAX RETURNS 

image.png.7c2715cc4b0576e7285ba2696a2b17ca.png

Easy reply. They could find nothing because it was well concealed. Well, at least you acknowledged there is no evidence of a crime committed by Joe Biden.

As to Hunter Biden (or anyone else), if he gets punished for tax fraud. Impeach Hunter Biden! :biggrin:

Edited by candide
  • Thumbs Up 2

image.png.afd2e18e783541c88a5be1b897da47a0.png

3 hours ago, Longwood50 said:

I wouldn't agree. 

With Biden you have a clear picture of money flowing from the Unkraine and China to Biden family members.  You have testimony from Hunters business parters that Joe Biden knew full well of his sons business dealings and was meeting with those business associates and it was clear that influence peddling was taking place. 

You have Hunter Biden flying on Air Force 2 attending meetings following the flights with Chinese and Ukrainian officials. 

That is totally and completely different than a states attorney general singling out his tax returns, mortgages, or papers submitted to financial institutions without any cause at all. 

There was money flowing from companies that were located in Ukraine and China. No evidence that the money came from the governments of these countries.

Did Hunter Biden meet with Chinese or Ukrainian officials on these flights? I've seen no evidence of that.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Once again, you betray your actual lack of knowledge of what Devon Archer said. Over the space of about 10 years, Hunter Biden received 20 calls from his father at these dinners/meetings. Only pleasantries were exchanged. Absolutely no business matters were discussed. What's more, Archer said that his father called him daily. So, if over the space of 10 years, Hunter Biden received only 20 phone calls at these business dinners/meetings out of the thousands he received from his father,  how does that constitute proof that these phone calls were arranged in advance?

He certainly knows it. It has been notified to him a dozen of times already. However, he only ackowledges the parts of the testimony he likes, and ignores the parts he doesn't like.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

12 minutes ago, candide said:

He certainly knows it. It has been notified to him a dozen of times already. However, he only ackowledges the parts of the testimony he likes, and ignores the parts he doesn't like.

Just to clarify something in your quote of me. I should have written "Archer said that Hunter Biden'told him his father called him daily."

42 minutes ago, heybruce said:

I've read and heard news about drunk drivers, seen obviously drunk people (a couple of them in police uniforms) get into cars and on motorbikes and drive, and I've seen many, many people on the roads of Thailand who drive like they're drunk.  That's why I think drunk driving is common.

This one is so absurd it's funny:  "Have you NEVER made a late payment? If so, you lied on the application."

Maybe Yellowtail is a time traveler and assumes everyone else is too?

• Thumbs Up 1

They have already uncovered over $20 million flowing to the Biden family.  

No they haven't. Did you actually read the quote you cited in another of your posts? Here it is again:

image.png.afd2e18e783541c88a5be1b897da47a0.png

Do the words "business associates" mean anything to you?

• Thumbs Up 1

45 minutes ago, heybruce said:

You agreed you would pay them back on time and didn't. Liar. 

If I told you I promise I'll pick you up at the airport tomorrow at three, and never show, I wasn't lying, because it was a "future event". 

Trump promises to get Mexico to pay for the wall, but it was not a lie, because Mexico paying for the wall was a "future event".

That's pretty weak even by your lame-a** standards. 

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, Longwood50 said:

Name 1 just 1 other person or company that the DOJ of New York has even investigated for filing fraudulent financial statements WITH THE BANK NOT FILING A COMPLAINT

It is true that banks can not bring fraud charges.  However they go to the regulatory agencies to file complaints.  They did not.  The attorney general SINGLED OUT Trump ignoring all others.  That is weaponizing the government agency to punish a political adversary. 

This same thing was done under Stalin.  The targets were political enemies.  If the AG of NY was truly interested in bank fraud the investigation would be wide spread and cover a significant number of cases of fraud and filing of false financial statements.  IT DID NOT.  IT SOLELY FOCUSED ON TRUMP. 

Once again, you fail to answer the direct questions asked, and immediately deflect to  some nonsense about Stalin in the 1930s. Was that a formative part of your youth or something? It's not unheard of for people to weaponize the US government - do you recall the McCarthy Era?

But this fantasy you keep rabbiting on about, how nobody has ever investigated anybody for filing fraudulent financial statements with the bank not filing a complaint is clearly nonsense. Here's what the day-to-day work of investigation of white collar crime is as explained by the FBI:

https://www.fbi.gov/investigate/white-collar-crime

This is standard operating procedure and the sort of stuff they investigate all the time. Did you know that these investigations can be triggered by an internal whistleblower? That they could be triggered by another person (for example, Michael Cohen) who is being charged with a crime and who is turning  evidence over in order to get a lower sentence? He testified in court under oath to all sorts of past and ongoing fraud within the Trump business empire, of course that's a basis for investigation. It's been in the news, didn't you hear? There's all sorts of reasons why there might be an investigation into Trump so stop pretending that this is some unprecedented event. Do the crime, do the time as you Conservatives used to say.

• Thumbs Up 2

16 minutes ago, placeholder said:

So as long as Trump believed he could make Mexico pay for the wall, he was not lying, and if he believed his property was worth what he said it was worth, it was not fraud, and if he believed he won the election he should be acquitted. 

Thanks, I think we're clear now. 

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Yellowtail said:

So as long as Trump believed he could make Mexico pay for the wall, he was not lying, and if he believed his property was worth what he said it was worth, it was not fraud, and if he believed he won the election he should be acquitted. 

Trump also believed he was free to grab women by the pussy, how's that working out?

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

You agreed you would pay them back on time and didn't. Liar. 

If I told you I promise I'll pick you up at the airport tomorrow at three, and never show, I wasn't lying, because it was a "future event". 

Trump promises to get Mexico to pay for the wall, but it was not a lie, because Mexico paying for the wall was a "future event".

That's pretty weak even by your lame-a** standards. 

Lucky for you I used to teach English as a second language.

If you promise to do something when you know you won't do it you are lying.  If you promise to do something with every intention to do it but can't for whatever reason, you have failed to keep a commitment.

If you fill out a loan application with no intention of making timely payments you are lying.  If you intended to make the payments but fail to do so you have violated the contract, but that is not fraud unless the violation is intentional.

Does that clear it up for you?  Can we get back on topic now?

• Thumbs Up 2

9 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

Do you really think Trump was so stupid as to believe those things? 

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, heybruce said:

Lucky for you I used to teach English as a second language.

If you promise to do something when you know you won't do it you are lying.  If you promise to do something with every intention to do it but can't for whatever reason, you have failed to keep a commitment.

If you fill out a loan application with no intention of making timely payments you are lying.  If you intended to make the payments but fail to do so you have violated the contract, but that is not fraud unless the violation is intentional.

Does that clear it up for you?  Can we get back on topic now?

'nuff said, carry on. 

• Confused 1

20 hours ago, heybruce said:

Biden is fighting wild fires around the world while Trump is crying about how unfair he is being treated.  Hopefully playing the poor-little-rich-boy victim won't play to well when we get closer to the election.

Well I hope you are right. But with just about one year to the NOV 2024 Presidential election, and with Trump the presumed Republican nominee barring catastrophe, and with Trump leading Biden head-to-head according to some current mainstream polls, I would hope to have more going toward that end than hope.

14 hours ago, Longwood50 said:

You are the one that despite overwhelming evidence of influence peddling refuses to accept it. 

Common sense if you had any would tell you that no organization or country would ever give Hunter Biden a dime if not for his father. 

As to evidence you seem to ignore what has already been discovered and testified to.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12356923/Hunter-Bidens-business-partner-Devon-Archer-arrives-bombshell-testimony-Joes-involvement-shady-business-deals-DOJ-accused-trying-jail-talk.html

Devon Archer's testimony was very different from what this article describes.

Ex-Hunter Biden associate Devon Archer testifies President Biden didn't discuss 'commercial business'

Edited by Danderman123
  • Like 1