Study provides evidence of Covid-19 mRNA shots rewiring the immune system with unknown long-term effects

Red Phoenix

Just now, owl sees all said:

That's not a nice post Brian.

Your while argument is based around a theory. Mine is based on nature itself. Think you should be providing truths.

It wasn't supposed to be nice, facts hurt sometimes and will continue to hurt you until you crawl out of your little hole and get some education

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

Look around you. Feel the energy beneath your feet.  And you simply trust a theory?

Nature has it all. We can't easily improve upon it. Messing with our DNA and the electron transport system and the kreb's cycle will not be any good. Could be the downfall for many who took the jab.

I'm sure your pass from the loony bin must have expired by now.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

46 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

Nature has all the answers we need.

Yes, thankfully mRNA was created by evolution a long, long time ago.  We just learned how to used it over the last couple of decades.  Perhaps similar to how we use natural plant proteins and enzymes to provide us nutrition and repair injuries.  Same, same!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, watthong said:

Sorry but it's kind of late at this stage - for you I mean - don't you think? I don't want to elaborate any further. For fear of being accused of "hurling insults." A no-no by forum rules.

A pathetic, yet expected response.

• Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, rattlesnake said:

Is a 4th one on the cards?

Not sure, about 8 weeks ago I had to undergo emergency open surgery for an unexpected health issue and then had a stay in ICU for a bit. It left me with lung damage however it appears to be getting better. Being from the UK I am currently following their advice which is for another booster for at risk people only. If my lung continues to improve then I will stick with that advice for now. I am not in the age related need for boosters.

5 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

Genuinely sorry to hear about your health condition. 

But did you consider that the mRNA shots you got, might be the instigator of that 'unexpected'  lung damage?

Imo taking another booster is not indicated in your case, as it are indeed the vulnerable - like yourself - who are at highest risk.  But less from catching covid-19 than from the immune system assault by another mRNA jab. 

Of course it is your body and health, so it's your decision and this post is just my (informed) opinion on the matter. 

Whatever you do, I wish you a speedy full recovery.

No because the incident that occurred was in no way related, the lung damage was a by product of the operation (its quite common apparently). The operation was successful.

• Like 1

On 10/25/2023 at 11:57 AM, connda said:

These EUA "vaccines" built on an mRNA platform completely bypassed long-term testing, and then was approved for human use (Comirnaty), again, without long-term testing.  Well the phamacutical companies are completely indemnified, so if they "made mistakes" that harm people's health.  Too bad.

:angry: "You are anti-vaxxer."

No.  I'm not.  I have no problem with shots built on traditional vaccine technology and which are proven to be sterilizing vaccines and have long-term testing and real-world use.  In other words, if you get the shot, you will not get the disease.  And I take rabies vaccines myself as I work with animals.  And I give my own animals vaccines.  Far from being "anti-vaxx" but over the last three years using pejoratives like "anti-vaxxer" and "conspiracy theorist" were commonly used by those who could not justify their own arguments, so they immediately fall back on ad-hominid attacks on those with whom they disagree. Can't support your own argument - then attack the character of the person you disagree with.   I saw plenty of that right here.

So I will take shots based on proven vaccine technology, but shots based on mRNA tech?  Nope. 

I won't even consider putting that stuff in my body, my family's bodies, or my animal's bodies until there are solid long-term meta-analysis studies showing both efficacy and safety.   And I don't trust regulators like the FDA which has a revolving door between those who supposedly regulate and the companies they regulate.  That's regulatory capture and it only benefits revenues and profits for pharmaceutical companies, and of course those regulators who move from the government watchdog for public safety to highly lucrative jobs with the companies they use to so-call regulate.

If after 7 to 10 years (a typical vaccine testing cycle) these shots are conclusively proved to be both safe and effective - even better - are sterilizing vaccines, then maybe I'd consider them.  For Covid though?  Probably not.
I had Covid.  It was a nothing-burger.  After three and a half years of extreme hyperbole and fear-monger, I catch the virus, and had a mild "flu-like" symptoms that were completely gone in 5 days.  Oh, by the way.  Every one of my extended family members who took the Covid shot (virtually all mandated <coerced> by their employers> came down with Covid before I did, and their kids too.  Me and my wife "unvaccinated?"  We didn't get until August of this year.  And again - it was nothing.  A nuisance.

So no, I'll never take the Covid (mRNA, AV, or inactivated virus) shots in the future either.  Anecdotally, I see no evidence within my own family that they work.  And I'm concerned for the long-term health of my family members who did take it. 

Over the long-term, we will eventually find the reality about these mRNA Covid 'vaccines' as well as the mRNA technology they are built up.  Good and bad.

While it's true that the vaccines were developed in a short amount of time, their safety has been monitored continuously for the past 3 years. That's how the issue of blood clots in the Johnson and Johnson (since taken off the market) and Astra Zeneca vaccines was discovered as well as the myocarditis/pericarditis issue. In fact, this has already been the most studied vaccine in history. So what it boils down to is whether you trust the mainstream science or the conspiracy theorists. And that depends on your psychology.

• Like 1

On 10/26/2023 at 4:00 PM, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

It's telling that the same member supporting John Campbell as a legitimate source of COVID info is also giving his own unsupported summary of the research cited in the OP here.... 

Nowhere in the OP cited research does the study use the thread's headline language of "rewiring the immune system".  It's also a non-peer reviewed study, and even more telling, try finding any credible news report on its findings, if it's supposedly some kind of news-worthy research.

Here's the actual conclusion of the OP's cited study, which bears little to no resemblance to the OP's claims about it:

"Conclusion
Our results imply a major role for both IL-4/IL-13 as well as TNF in IgG4 class switching. These novel findings advance our understanding of IgG4 class switch dynamics, and may benefit future mRNA vaccine strategies, humoral tolerance induction, as well as treatment of IgG4 pathologies."

I don't hear any COVID vaccine alarm bells going off there.

And as for what to make of Campbell, this summary puts it in succinct form:

"Regarded as an evidence-based source of information about COVID-19 in 2020, Campbell—who has accrued nearly three million followers on YouTube to date—has since repeatedly published YouTube videos containing false or misleading claims about COVID-19 and COVID-19 vaccines. A list of related reviews published by Health Feedback can be found here."

https://healthfeedback.org/claimreview/analysis-adverse-event-variation-pfizer-covid-19-vaccine-batches-doesnt-indicate-safety-problems-contrary-john-campbell/

And more here:

https://www.factcheck.org/person/john-campbell/

Misinformation peddling anti-vaxers of a feather flock together. 

IgG4 antibodies have both strengths and weaknesses. Because of their structure, they'll bind to the spike protein but they often lack the capacity to ramp up the immune response. A heightened immune response results in a high level of inflammation (fever, chills, aches, etc.) So if igG4 antibodies are being substittued for other types, there will be lower levels of inflammation but perhaps a weaker immune response.

So it's misleading to say it makes you "more likely" to get covid. More likely compared to what? You're not more likely to get covid than an unvaccinated person. Quite the opposite in fact.  Also, breakthrough infections, when you get Covid more than once, exhibit the same tendency, so this seems to be response to repeated infections, whether vaccinated or not.

It's also important to note that two shots and a booster are going to provide you with all the protection you need probably. Getting five or six boosters isn't going to add much protection. There is even no solid evidence that the bivalent booster is really helping all that much.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, jaywalker2 said:

There is even no solid evidence that the bivalent booster is really helping all that much.

I believe there's been some debate in the COVID vaccine expert researcher circles about whether and much much of an improvement the bivalent vaccines were in the real world vs. the original vaccines.

I noted this research report the other day.... It didn't compare the originals vs the bivalent vaccines. But rather, looked at the real world added protection levels that a third shot of a bivalent vaccine added beyond those with just the two original shots.

Bivalent boosters offer added protection for previously vaccinated people, study shows

October 27, 2023

"Bivalent (two-strain) boosters offer some restored protection against critical illness and hospital admission for people who had previously received only two doses of the original mRNA COVID-19 vaccines, according to a study yesterday in The Lancet Respiratory Medicine.
Among those who had received a Pfizer BA.4/5 bivalent booster, relative VE was an additional 50% (95% confidence interval, 23% to 68%) against critical illness, an additional 39% against hospital admission, an additional 35% against emergency department or urgent care visits, and an additional 28% against outpatient encounters.

Though protection against any infection waned from the bivalent booster from 0 to 3 months, then again from 4 to 7 months, the enhanced protection against critical illness, hospital admission, and emergency department or urgent care outcomes remained."

"We aimed to investigate the effectiveness of the Pfizer-–BioNTech BNT162b2 BA.4/5 bivalent vaccine against both BA.4/5-related and XBB-related disease in adults aged 18 years or older.
The relative effectiveness of the BNT162b2 BA.4/5 bivalent booster for XBB-related infections compared with BA.4/5-related infections was 56% (95% CI 12–78) versus 40% (27–50) for hospital admission; 34% (21–45) versus 36% (30–41) against emergency department or urgent care visits; and 29% (19–38) versus 27% (20–33) for outpatient encounters.
By mid-April, 2023, individuals previously vaccinated only with wild-type vaccines had little protection against COVID-19—including hospital admission. A BNT162b2 BA.4/5 bivalent booster restored protection against a range of COVID-19 outcomes, including against XBB-related sublineages, with the most substantial protection observed against hospital admission and critical illness."

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

Not sure, about 8 weeks ago I had to undergo emergency open surgery for an unexpected health issue and then had a stay in ICU for a bit. It left me with lung damage however it appears to be getting better. Being from the UK I am currently following their advice which is for another booster for at risk people only. If my lung continues to improve then I will stick with that advice for now. I am not in the age related need for boosters.

Wishing you a speedy recovery.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

I believe there's been some debate in the COVID vaccine expert researcher circles about whether and much much of an improvement the bivalent vaccines were in the real world vs. the original vaccines.

I noted this research report the other day.... It didn't compare the originals vs the bivalent vaccines. But rather, looked at the real world added protection levels that a third shot of a bivalent vaccine added beyond those with just the two original shots.

Bivalent boosters offer added protection for previously vaccinated people, study shows

October 27, 2023

"Bivalent (two-strain) boosters offer some restored protection against critical illness and hospital admission for people who had previously received only two doses of the original mRNA COVID-19 vaccines, according to a study yesterday in The Lancet Respiratory Medicine.
Among those who had received a Pfizer BA.4/5 bivalent booster, relative VE was an additional 50% (95% confidence interval, 23% to 68%) against critical illness, an additional 39% against hospital admission, an additional 35% against emergency department or urgent care visits, and an additional 28% against outpatient encounters.

Though protection against any infection waned from the bivalent booster from 0 to 3 months, then again from 4 to 7 months, the enhanced protection against critical illness, hospital admission, and emergency department or urgent care outcomes remained."

"We aimed to investigate the effectiveness of the Pfizer-–BioNTech BNT162b2 BA.4/5 bivalent vaccine against both BA.4/5-related and XBB-related disease in adults aged 18 years or older.
The relative effectiveness of the BNT162b2 BA.4/5 bivalent booster for XBB-related infections compared with BA.4/5-related infections was 56% (95% CI 12–78) versus 40% (27–50) for hospital admission; 34% (21–45) versus 36% (30–41) against emergency department or urgent care visits; and 29% (19–38) versus 27% (20–33) for outpatient encounters.
By mid-April, 2023, individuals previously vaccinated only with wild-type vaccines had little protection against COVID-19—including hospital admission. A BNT162b2 BA.4/5 bivalent booster restored protection against a range of COVID-19 outcomes, including against XBB-related sublineages, with the most substantial protection observed against hospital admission and critical illness."

Yes, so if you've already had two shots and a booster then even if it was some time ago, you're probably sufficiently protected. The antibodies decrease but your t-cells will still remember how to fight the virus.

2 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

October 27, 2023

I appreciate that you are getting your info from, what some think are decent publication/sources, but in my view the whole thing paints a completely false picture.

It has never been shown that a natural pathogen, (or a lab-made one either), can be transferred from one person to another. Plenty have tried; especially during the late 1920s and early 1930s. Nothing so far. And nature says it's not possible.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, jaywalker2 said:

Yes, so if you've already had two shots and a booster then even if it was some time ago, you're probably sufficiently protected. The antibodies decrease but your t-cells will still remember how to fight the virus.

T-cells and antibody levels aside, as best as I can follow the science, real world studies have shown that the actual rates of protection from COVID do tend to gradually decrease somewhat over time.... But those levels of protection are restored with subsequent, updated vaccinations.

That's part of the reason countries around the world are recommending either that all of their populations (as with the U.S.), or in other countries just the more vulnerable populations, get updated COVID vaccinations this year... also because the newest monovalent versions are a closer match to the currently circulating COVID strains than the prior vax versions.

Re the U.S.:

Stay Up to Date with COVID-19 Vaccines

Updated Oct. 4, 2023

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/stay-up-to-date.html

Re the U.K.:

Covid autumn booster vaccine 2023: Everything you need to know

The following people are eligible for an autumn Covid booster:

https://healthmedia.blog.gov.uk/2023/08/08/covid-autumn-booster-vaccine-2023-everything-you-need-to-know/

10 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/stay-up-to-date.html

This is undefenceable to me. Simply criminal!

Poor kids!

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, jaywalker2 said:

From the FDA on why the world agencies went with a newly updated vaccine version for this year:

"At an ICMRA COVID-19 Omicron variant workshop on May 8, 2023, FDA and other regulators met to discuss global regulatory alignment to adapt COVID-19 vaccines to emerging SARS-CoV-2 variants and to discuss the preferred strain composition for future vaccine updates. There was general agreement among the participants that while vaccines based on the original virus strain can still be protective against severe disease, protection wanes with time and is reduced against subsequent waves of variant viruses. Both real world evidence and immunogenicity data suggest that a vaccine composition that more closely matches circulating virus strains can significantly improve vaccine-induced immunogenicity and protection."

FDA Briefing Document
Vaccines and Related Biological Products Advisory Committee Meeting

June 15, 2023

https://www.fda.gov/media/169378/download