Are you afraid of Death?

bob smith

2 minutes ago, HauptmannUK said:

I don't fear death but I'd like to put it off for as long as possible. I've had a great life so far and it continues to be very enjoyable.  In the words of Freddie Mercury, "Don't stop me now. 'Cause I'm having a good time'..

Fred died of aids

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, daveAustin said:

Not really. Only thing that really keeps me up is the possibility of coming back for another round and being born diseased to abusive parents in the back of beyond or similar. If there’s ethereal bliss on the ‘plane’, then so be it, but if it’s either of the above or nothingness, I’ll take the latter thanks. 

I don't believe in reincarnation but if it existed, you wouldn't know it when it hit you, as you wouldn't be the same person anyway, and wouldn't know what was before or after. You only get one chance in life, and need to make sure it's made of more good choices than bad.

6 minutes ago, bignok said:

Fred died of aids

I'm thinking, after a childhood of not being around his parents much, he wasn't too happy then. His gifts of singing and lyricism gave him a better life, and it appeared he was happy. He admits being promiscuous and that it was his downfall. He loved what he was doing, and he knows he made millions happy with his songs, so although he died way too soon, I think he was happy with what he did and had.

1 minute ago, fredwiggy said:

I'm thinking, after a childhood of not being around his parents much, he wasn't too happy then. His gifts of singing and lyricism gave him a better life, and it appeared he was happy. He admits being promiscuous and that it was his downfall. He loved what he was doing, and he knows he made millions happy with his songs, so although he died way too soon, I think he was happy with what he did and had.

I hated their music. Never understood why so popular.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, bignok said:

I hated their music. Never understood why so popular.

Early Queen was great. Later Queen was pop, and I didn't like it much at all. Queen 1 and II were pretty good albums. Sheer Heart Attack and A Night At the Opera are classics, with many good songs on them. Freddie had one of the best male voices in rock.Brian May one of the better guitarists in rock also.

Edited by fredwiggy
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, daveAustin said:

Not really. Only thing that really keeps me up is the possibility of coming back for another round and being born diseased to abusive parents in the back of beyond or similar. If there’s ethereal bliss on the ‘plane’, then so be it, but if it’s either of the above or nothingness, I’ll take the latter thanks. 

so maybe people need to be more afraid of how they live their life than actual death itself.

Edited by save the frogs
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Not really death but the process causes some anxiety.  It's odd how each decade is better than the prior in my life but I do worry the next might be the start of the decline.  On second thought I do worry about death.  My life is in a good place and I on occasion worry about cancer or another disease.  Not preoccupied but on a rare occasion a death thought come and goes.

4 minutes ago, atpeace said:

Not really death but the process causes some anxiety.  It's odd how each decade is better than the prior in my life but I do worry the next might be the start of the decline.  On second thought I do worry about death.  My life is in a good place and I on occasion worry about cancer or another disease.  Not preoccupied but on a rare occasion a death thought come and goes.

if one were diagnosed with terminal cancer it baffles me why anyone would want to suffer it out.

a large syringe filled with diamorphine would be the order of the day in that scenario...

• Thumbs Up 1

13 minutes ago, bob smith said:

if one were diagnosed with terminal cancer it baffles me why anyone would want to suffer it out.

a large syringe filled with diamorphine would be the order of the day in that scenario...

Some people look at life as a precious thing, not to be taken for granted and let go so easily. As a Christian, I look to a new life with God, without all the pain and shiit this life has. I know some only believe this is all we have, and that's sad, because this life is a temporary thing for everyone, and some never get to experience any joy from it. No one enjoys pain, and I don't understand why the older you get, the more pain you usually have. I'll fight to the end, even knowing the inevitable will come, as there are things on earth I enjoy, and things I haven't yet done. When you have children, you dedicate your lives to their futures, even though they can be ungrateful until they have children of their own, so they finally get it. It's never too late to do the things you always wanted to do, unless you give up.

Just got my blood results and the PSA is 17 plus, immediately found an article on Google that says approximately 85% last longer than 15 years. 

I intend to be one of the 85%...wish me luck...

• Thumbs Up 1

Zero fear of death, but not looking forward to any future days of pain or of being trapped in a body that doesn't work.

As Bob Monkhouse said, I'd like to die peacefully in my sleep, rather than screaming in terror like my passengers.

5 hours ago, bob smith said:

This world is crap anyway.

booze is about the only thing thats keeping me going.

Have you thought about going to a temple? There's one I went to in Chaiya. 

Alternatively, go to an AA meeting, they are a good laugh, with no booze.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

If you are not afraid of death, means you are afraid of life.

If you are afraid of death, you are not afraid and love your life.

Stay healthy, stay away from tobacco,  drugs, excess booze or unprotected therapy with the "entertainement" ladies in the Sukhumvit soapy fishbowl 😑

• Love It 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, BritManToo said:

No alcohol at all but 4 shots of morphine and all the Tramadol I can eat.

Tramadol doesn't do s**t for pain, but it makes you feel good about your pain.  Morphine?  Good stuff short term.
Watch the Tramadol.  You don't get an opioid high, but when you try to quit?  You'll go through opioid withdrawal.
Read up on withdrawing from Tramadol.  Eventually you will have to, and trust me, the doctors who gave it to you don't know how to taper you off.  But plenty of resources on the net to learn how to do Tram tapers when you get to the point. Which given your injuries that may be awhile.  Be careful.   If you're taking 150+ mg - you're "Tickling the Dragon."  Beware.  Moderation is your friend.  Tram can be a tool, or it can be an anchor tied to your leg.  Just saying.  I've been around.  Read about it.  You're smart.  You'll adapt.  Don't let your dosage get out of hand.  The more you take, the longer you'll withdrawal.  If you can withdraw. 

Edited by connda
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, bob smith said:

Diamorphine/Oxymorphone will take care of that.. 

The problem is being to obtain it when you need it.  Thai doctors think the dying in agony is simply your bad karma.
What they don't understand is that withdrawing palliative care is their karma. 

• Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, bob smith said:

or me personally i couldnt care less.

if i died today then so be it,

This world is crap anyway.

booze is about the only thing thats keeping me going.

What you probably haven't considered is that most people die from disease or illness which can cause a lengthy period of suffering.

If you couldn't care less, then I expect that one day you'll have the courage to end your own life while you're still relatively healthy and able to post here. That way you can have your wish without suffering.