Getting Rid of Stuff

Negita43

1 minute ago, Jingthing said:

I just leave stuff in the trash area of my condo and I make a sport of seeing how quickly things get snatched up. One time a maid was there and I handed it directly to her with a thank you.

Your choice of sport needs some refining! 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 3
  • Haha 2

14 hours ago, Negita43 said:

I've been here more than 10 years and over that time accumulated lots of stuff.

Time for a clear out.

Where is a good place to sell/donate it?

Had the same problem, quite difficult when there is no refuse collection/disposal.A lot depends where you live.

Around Chonburi there are quite a lot of Japanese second hand places that will take stuff in reasonable condition for next to nothing.

We had a pick up call in about a year ago looking for donations, took almost everything we had. Should have taken a note of the number, need it again. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Facebook marketplace is best, bahtsold is rubbish now

Yes i used to sell all my stuff through Baht and Sold but i never get any responses now. I am not on Facebook so give any unwanted stuff to the maid in the condo.

Edited by Henryford

31 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Younger people have dropped FB. It's mostly for older people now.

I'm annoyed with people that say "elderly" people don't like tech.

It's the "elderly" generation (including me) that freakin' CREATED the tech in the first place!

The tech PIONEERS. 

It's true we aren't tech natives though, born into it.

Sometimes I encounter a young whipper snapper (sorry) who looks surprised to see my proficiency on my smart phone. I want to smack such ignorant punks. Who freakin' created social media? Not their generation, that's for sure.

You just have to look at posts on this forum, the elderly are sticking to their PCs and won't use apps or Facebook and the like, a minority of exceptions

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Surasak said:

Elderly!!! The damned cheek!. Put your black pot of paint away and the brush or roller you use to spread it. I bought a new phone the other day and am having great fun getting to know how it works. Just to show how low you can get, I am well past 80, so do yourself a favour and think before spouting tripe.

Don't generalise, there are a minority of exceptions who will probably post on this thread now

• Sad 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, scubascuba3 said:

You just have to look at posts on this forum, the elderly are sticking to their PCs and won't use apps or Facebook and the like, a minority of exceptions

The Luddites are the exceptions.

I would agree oldsters are less likely to be early adopters.

I see that as wisdom. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Don't generalise, there are a minority of exceptions who will probably post on this thread now

Don't generalise, he says! Ye gods, Brains and rocking horse comes to mind.🥳

You need to think about the feeling you get, when you give stuff away, versus selling it for a pittance.

I put stuff in a box, and after a month or two, put it outside my condo, and by gollee, it's gone within minutes!

I compare the satisfaction of knowing somebody who needed the stuff, getting it free, vs my having a few hundred baht, and there is no comparison.

What goes around comes around.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1