They call Generation Z lazy ??

georgegeorgia

Just worry about what is going to happen once they reach retirement age. I have know many boomers saying: I'll pay off my house and save a bit so the state pension will  be enough. 30 years later, after a divorce they were left with their meager pension and went to Thighland. Zeers won't have that choice.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Stocky said:

On October 19, a TikToker named Brielle, who recently started a corporate job in the New York area, posted a video where she appeared visibly upset as she addressed the camera. The on-screen caption read, "in a 9-5 how do u have time for ur life." 

https://www.insider.com/college-graduate-upset-shock-working-nine-to-five-tiktok-2023-10

Oh dear, the poor child!

Loved that story , yes Gen Z are in for a rude shock in life !!

• Sad 1

16 minutes ago, Ben Zioner said:

Just worry about what is going to happen once they reach retirement age. I have know many boomers saying: I'll pay off my house and save a bit so the state pension will  be enough. 30 years later, after a divorce they were left with their meager pension and went to Thighland. Zeers won't have that choice.

Seems like they are smart enough to understand that, as things seem to be heading, there ain't no pension panacea at the end of their career gigs. 

• Like 2

Gen Z are a self entitled generation growing up watching tiktok and influencers travelling the globe taking selfies in gym mirrors.

They get depressed when they find out they have to go and do work , there are bills to be paid , 

And the best part , they actually have no social interaction skills with customers, all there friends are on Facebook 

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, mikebike said:

That's what u got out of the story? I read it as her wondering why in God's name anyone would willing choose a 9 to 5 in 2023...

Perhaps because that's what's on offer in the job market?

Even the most progressive dotcoms seem to be snapping to the fact that they're just not getting the productivity out of their remote workers and are increasing the hours they actually have to bathe, dress and show up at the office.

Of course, if their looks are good enough for OnlyFans, that's an option. But that come with its own price.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, Prubangboy said:

They're young and can get laid for free.

So success-wise, they've already run over you like a tank.

Working with many Gen Z

Gen Z would regard that statement as being sexually suggestive, they don't like guys perving at girls especially guys double or triple  their age , everyone must be the same ,no gender , no labels and certainly no getting laid ,( without signed permission )

Gen Z look down on older guys going to Asia , won't let you know what they call them 

Edited by georgegeorgia
  • Sad 2
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Prubangboy said:

You'd rather be an old guy dodging night shifts at the hospital? I must beg to differ.

To be young, to have only known the internet life, would be great.

I would rather have my million dollars in my superannuation knowing I can be free anytime , I can walk out of my job anytime , the Gen Z can't with debts 

That's the benefit of being old , knowing you have passed that caring stage, 

Nope I wouldn't want to be young again !!!

Edited by georgegeorgia
  • Haha 1