Vitamins in Pattaya

mrblonde

I take a selection of vitamins daily in the U.K. and would like to continue to in Pattaya while I’m there, didn’t fancy my suitcase being scanned in Suvarnabhumi on arrival with 6 or 7 small tubs of various sized tablets. Are there any decent, reputable places in central Pattaya (2nd road, Bukhaow, Terminal 21 areas where I can buy what I need? 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 2

First, the fear of not bringing Vitamins is just dumb..

2nd..Forget buying vitamins in stores in Pattaya unless you only want basic stuff....The selection is dreadful.....

3rd....Look on Lazada and Shopee the selection is very very good, almost as good as the West.....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, mrblonde said:

Sorry should of said, Vit C, Vit D, Zinc, B12 and echinacea 

All available is most well stocked Pharmacies.

Also online from Lazada.

Add Magnesium to your list if you 50+

20231031_061838_copy_756x1008.jpg.95dbf229495304e83d34d7277f8fbe77.jpg

• Like 1

5 hours ago, nglodnig said:

To each his own.

Vit C when taken to excess (more than the body needs) just gets excreted, it is not stored. There is NO medical benefit in taking high doses -  it does nothing to prevent or cure colds/flu - this was a myth.

But whatever floats your boat.....

I'm not talking about "medical benefits", but basic health benefits. You should float your boat on Vitamin Sea, but each to their own. If you think taking Vitamin C is for preventing colds/flu, then you're still living in the dark ages. Vitamin D3 is more useful for that, but you don't focus on one vitamin, but a broad spectrum.

• Thumbs Up 1

11 hours ago, mrblonde said:

arrival with 6 or 7 small tubs of various sized tablets

Perhaps a psychologist would be more in order. 

If you're still hell bent on pill popping give Fascino a try.  They've got a large selection of imported vitamins at imported vitamin prices.  

Don't worry about travelling with all your Vitamins and supplements.. I always do.

Many responses to the OP offer opinions on vitamins rather than helpfully addressing the question... 🤔

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, JensenZ said:

Everyone NEEDS vitamin and mineral supplements AND a "healthy diet", whatever that might be. Sounds like you've been talking to doctors. Good luck trying to get all your vitamins and minerals from eating the illusive "healthy diet". Yes, minerals are tough to get and just as important. I need Vitamin D3 more in Thailand than where I used to live in Australia.

The tropical sun is too harsh to spend enough time in it to get a sufficient dose of D. I stay out of the sun. The damage to your skin and the risk of melanoma is not worth the vitamin D you'll get, especially if you have very fair skin. I want 10,000 to 15,000 IU per day. You're not getting that from the sun unless you spend hours in it, with your shirt off. Caucasians don't have the right skin for this intense tropical sun. Vitamin D3 is one of the cheapest supplements you can get, and don't forget to load up on Vitamin C too, and collagen peptides.

To the OP... there's no problem traveling with lots of vitamin bottles. I always have when going on vacation. They'll be more expensive in Thailand. I buy all mine online from iHerb. If you must buy here, try Lazada. There's a huge range on there that you cannot get off the shelf in Thailand.

15000 a day of vitamin D????

Is that needed , I take 2000 a day 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Six or seven that is nothing!  

You can buy here like mentioned Facino but bottles based on number of Tablets inside to price is expensive. 

I usually buy at Costco or Walmart once a year for myself and family been stopped just explained did the math per day foe a year number of family members wave go away being stopped is very slim. 

Can order I-Herb bit higher but you dont need to lug the weight.

36 minutes ago, TroubleandGrumpy said:

I get vitamins from Lazada - most of the 'pharmacys' here either dont stock them much, have old stock, and are way over-priced.

Compared to iHerb, Lazada is wayyyyyyyy over-priced as well.  I use them in a pinch, like when iHerb is out of stock.

Chasing your tail over here only to pay (if actually successful) grossly inflated prices.

TBH just load up in the UK - eBay UK sellers best with capsules in ziplock pouches

Store in the fridge while you are here.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, connda said:

iHerb.  Currently shipping for free if your order is $40 or over.  Supplements are wayyyyy overpriced here.

If you want to experience go to TOPS and look at prices for most basic stuff like magnesium, calcium and the like. It's stunning.

You could pay thousands per month if you rely on that.

Recently ordered calcium/magnesium/zinc combined and lycopene from iherb.

Never had any problems with shipping in reasonable amounts.

Additionally a moderately dosed local multivitamin (Wiitop).

Will not overdose on vitamin D. A dangerous trend currently. Have enough sun.

Edited by KhunBENQ
lycopene
  • Like 1