Motorcycle Altercation Leads to Assault of 16-Year-Old Girl

webfact

image.jpeg

A heated confrontation between a male motorcycle rider and a 16-year-old female in the city of Surin escalated into a physical assault.

The incident began when the two motorcyclists allegedly cut each other off. Tensions flared, leading to a dispute, and culminating in the young girl receiving a significant injury to her nose, reported Daily News.

The altercation took place in the afternoon of October 30th near Surin Plaza. First responders from Surin's rescue center arrived at the scene to find the injured girl, whose nose had been severely lacerated.

image.jpeg

Picture: Daily News

She was immediately provided preliminary medical care and subsequently taken to Surin Hospital for further treatment.

A local resident managed to covertly film the incident. The footage showed the two riders arguing loudly after their motorcycles nearly collided. Prior to the altercation, both were traveling in the same direction before the injured party turned into Surin Plaza.

Eyewitnesses reported hearing her shout a warning. Shortly after, the male rider confronted her, leading to an argument over not using turn signals, which then turned physical. Authorities are using the video as evidence and are seeking the male rider for further legal proceedings.

-- ASEAN NOW 2023-10-31

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get your business in front of millions of customers who read ASEAN NOW with an interest in Thailand every month - email [email protected] for more information

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

• Sad 3

46 minutes ago, 2baht said:

A gutless, fragile male attacking a 16 yr old girl over a near miss? Not very manly, is it!

But the beefed up Tom (the 16 year old girl) is......hence it turning violent.

Act/mouth of like a teenage bloke......get slapped like a teenage bloke.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, 2baht said:

A gutless, fragile male attacking a 16 yr old girl over a near miss? Not very manly, is it!

I don't know if it was a male attacking a girl! It depends on who started throwing punches and I couldn't tell you which one was the girl.

• Confused 3

He accused her of turning without signaling. She probably didn't like being criticised as she's perfect and lost face, so instead of saying sorry she escalated it. The guy should have just walked away then, but we all know that violence over the smallest thing is just below the surface here so bam! 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, loong said:
3 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Try watching the video, then you'd know.

I had already watched the video and as i said, I couldn't tell you which one was the girl.

With the assistance of the audio and considering the size and stature of the male (on the right) it's very obvious which is which.  Perhaps you were just having an insensitive and unamusing dig at the girl.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

With the assistance of the audio and considering the size and stature of the male (on the right) it's very obvious which is which.  Perhaps you were just having an insensitive and unamusing dig at the girl.

I keep the sound off unless there is something in particular that I want to listen to.

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, loong said:
1 hour ago, Liverpool Lou said:

I keep the sound off unless there is something in particular that I want to listen to.

Turn it on and you'd have got all the information you needed.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, loong said:
11 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Turn it on and you'd have got all the information you needed.

I'm not that interested.

You were.  And you were interested enough to make a comment about your inability to distinguish a male from a female even though provided with sound and visual clues!

• Haha 1