Where to catch bahtbus to Jontiem

mrblonde

Just now, Jingthing said:

I wouldn't have used them in my 20s.

You missed out man. One of my favourite things was to walk out of my hotel and clap my hands in the air to summon the Moto boys to take me to Walking Street every night. Good times.

1 hour ago, Lemsta69 said:

Why don't you just take a Bolt motosai instead of a greasy songthaew? It's much more exciting anyway because they don't know that you're going to give them a nice tip so they double-time it for the 40 baht pittance on offer 😂

Ah.. Lemsra69. I recognize your user name from your holier than thou posts on the thread about the severely injured Americans who were riding the elephant. Going on about the "Chang".. Good. you learned a Thai word.

As for your advice to catch a 40 Baht Bolt motosai (wow.. another Thai word), are you unaware of the posts detailing BritManToo's horrible experience being the victim of a road rage hit and run while riding his "motosai"?

Thais would say Big Bike.. Multiple broken bones. Long recovery.

I have lived in Jomtien for many years. Used to see mahouts guiding their elephants through undeveloped area between my balcony and Jomtien 2nd road.. when it wasn't much of a road. They were doing that because the greenery that the elephants were eating was free.. Do you have any idea how much elephants eat, and how much it costs to feed them?

Of course the keepers are going to try to earn money.. And I think they have a pretty good idea about the potential damage an fully grown animal can do to a human body. But.. they have to feed them...

2 minutes ago, bobbin said:

Ah.. Lemsra69. I recognize your user name from your holier than thou posts on the thread about the severely injured Americans who were riding the elephant. Going on about the "Chang".. Good. you learned a Thai word.

As for your advice to catch a 40 Baht Bolt motosai (wow.. another Thai word), are you unaware of the posts detailing BritManToo's horrible experience being the victim of a road rage hit and run while riding his "motosai"?

Thais would say Big Bike.. Multiple broken bones. Long recovery.

I have lived in Jomtien for many years. Used to see mahouts guiding their elephants through undeveloped area between my balcony and Jomtien 2nd road.. when it wasn't much of a road. They were doing that because the greenery that the elephants were eating was free.. Do you have any idea how much elephants eat, and how much it costs to feed them?

Of course the keepers are going to try to earn money.. And I think they have a pretty good idea about the potential damage an fully grown animal can do to a human body. But.. they have to feed them...

Riding a taxi motosai and riding a Chaang are completely different beasts, pun intended. Both myself and the 'win' are making a conscious decision to engage in a potentially perilous activity. That, and I'm not poking the poor beast with metal spikes instead of a gentler method that I've read about.

Not sure why you bring BritTim"s unfortunate incident up here, he was not a passenger on a mototaxi in Pattaya.

5 hours ago, Jingthing said:

No!

It's absolutely the front one now.

Have you even done this recently?

Sometimes you might get on a bus on beach road and when it gets to South Pattaya it turns towards Jomtien.

You CAN stay on it if you like but they are not committed to go as far as you expect in Jomtien then. 

Also they know where you got on, and they know about the queue system so there's a good chance they'll demand 20 baht anyway.

Enjoy

This is correct.  Front bus.  Took it last night.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

The front bus setup makes sense for the drivers. They don't need to back up for it. But I was shocked the first time as I sat down on the back bus and so did some others, and it took about ten minutes to be told to get off.

But now I know and hopefully everyone reading this topic knows too if they didn't already.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

The front bus setup makes sense for the drivers. They don't need to back up for it. But I was shocked the first time as I sat down on the back bus and so did some others, and it took about ten minutes to be told to get off.

But now I know and hopefully everyone reading this topic knows too if they didn't already.

I normally walk 50 metres past the bus queue and wait for a rogue bus. Probably 1 in 6 times wait bus comes first but its full and can't fit on (not that they're stopping anyway as saw me walk past). Worth it for the 5 times I don't have to sit on stationary bus

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Pattaya57 said:

I normally walk 50 metres past the bus queue and wait for a rogue bus. Probably 1 in 6 times wait bus comes first but its full and can't fit on (not that they're stopping anyway as saw me walk past). Worth it for the 5 times I don't have to sit on stationary bus

That's an option but I don't bother unless I happen to much further up the street towards Jomtien to start with. If it's any consolation the people watching on the queue buses sometimes has it's charms.

13 hours ago, Jingthing said:

I have no idea what you're on about now.

The queue is not ON Pattaya Tai.

I was for a long while when there was construction.

Do what you want.

Again, about the queue now you are DEFINITELY wrong. 

Rather than waste my time arguing with you, I’ll provide proof. 
A picture is worth a thousand words?

Here are two:

5E1ED37C-DC1F-47FA-89D2-E18E06D6B2D6.thumb.jpeg.d3176f9fa8d5d1591a47b4c0e49ac9f1.jpegD13CF611-2DC2-4407-BB16-2A6B86CCCEB5.thumb.jpeg.fa97cb9c477cd0633a1e41b7a42245c4.jpeg

Let’s see if you are MAN enough to offer an apology. I did state specifically that it was at night time and in EXACTLY the same place as before. 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Pattaya57 said:

No, just NextG staying something different to everyone else, then says he doesn't use baht bus anyway, then says it may have been only 1 bus he saw bit still insisted the one bus he saw was the last bus in the queue so that he is never wrong ever

Eat your words now. 

11 hours ago, AAArdvark said:

Stop the argument please. 

If they come from Grand Avenue they will not get on the beach road route. They will probably walk down 2nd road until they reach the cross road where the beach road busses have turned to go up 2nd road. 

So from that intersection, where are the busses to Jomtien waiting? 

Depends on whether they want to walk that far, but the option you mention is viable. 

12 hours ago, pomchop said:

I just did it yesterday and of course you go to the front bus unless you want to sit and wait a long long time...no idea what that other guy is on about....go to the FRONT bus, as soon as it is full it leaves and the next bus pulls up, fills up and leaves. 
Stand there and watch for 2 minutes and you will quickly see that is exactly how it works.

Photo evidence provided for your edification. 

1 hour ago, NextG said:

Depends on whether they want to walk that far, but the option you mention is viable. 

Walk to Soi Buakhao, catch a Baht bus heading East to Pattaya Tai where it will turn right heading towards 2nd Rd. Get off outside the school and go left at the corner and there you are.

6 hours ago, champers said:

Walk to Soi Buakhao, catch a Baht bus heading East to Pattaya Tai where it will turn right heading towards 2nd Rd. Get off outside the school and go left at the corner and there you are.

East? That would be south/south west. Shortest walk certainly. Though traffic could make it slightly tiresome on occasion.

A good option overall if you don’t fancy walking. 

1 hour ago, NextG said:

East? That would be south/south west. Shortest walk certainly. Though traffic could make it slightly tiresome on occasion.

A good option overall if you don’t fancy walking. 

Quite right; lost my bearings there a bit. I am not a fan of walking on these pavements and in the heat sometimes.

Threads like this are my personal vindication for always flagging down a sawnthew in the road, rather than getting on at a pre-determined location.

Walk to bus stop, get in bus, be confused about which bus you need to be on,wait for bus to fill up, go.

Vs

Don't move anywhere, wait a couple of minutes (at the longest) for a bus, flag down bus, get on the only bus.

On 11/1/2023 at 2:38 PM, NextG said:

Rather than waste my time arguing with you, I’ll provide proof. 
A picture is worth a thousand words?

Here are two:

5E1ED37C-DC1F-47FA-89D2-E18E06D6B2D6.thumb.jpeg.d3176f9fa8d5d1591a47b4c0e49ac9f1.jpegD13CF611-2DC2-4407-BB16-2A6B86CCCEB5.thumb.jpeg.fa97cb9c477cd0633a1e41b7a42245c4.jpeg

Let’s see if you are MAN enough to offer an apology. I did state specifically that it was at night time and in EXACTLY the same place as before. 

About 3 months ago,  they changed the queuing system. 

So your info had been outdated.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

Are there actually any real people left in Thailand on this board?

Where are their ‘up to date’ pics? Mine was taken a few hours before posting. 
I’m sure the people on the back of the bus can recognise themselves 😊

• Love It 1

On 11/1/2023 at 12:04 AM, StayinThailand2much said:

There used to be a baht bus waiting for passengers to Jomtien at the corner of South Pattaya Road and Second Road (near the police box), leaving 'when full'. The fare used to be 20 baht/head. Is it still in service?

10 baht