Thailand’s drug policy shift: Possession of 10 or fewer meth pills no longer means jail time

webfact

4 minutes ago, webfact said:

The new regulation is set to be introduced in December and will allow those found with 10 or fewer pills to be classified as addicts and users. This reclassification will enable them to receive treatment instead of imprisonment.

awesome!

now we know exactly how many pills we can have in our pockets and not get arrested!

what day in December does this come into effect exactly? 😄 

Edited by bob smith
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, bob smith said:

i dont deal drugs.

I dont want you to make a profit Bob. 

Just get me 11, i will pick them up at the coffee shop next door to the police station. Just wait there for me mate.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

Smart move, beats building more prisons.

Strange though given they made two pills or more a serious charge back in February

Thailand to toughen rules on methamphetamine pill possession

The Thai health ministry on Thursday issued a regulation to classify those found in possession of even one methamphetamine or "yaba" pill as drug dealers rather than users, meaning possession of small amounts could be subject to severe penalties including imprisonment.

https://www.reuters.com/world/asia-pacific/thailand-toughen-rules-methamphetamine-pill-possession-2023-02-03/

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, bob smith said:

awesome!

now we know exactly how many pills we can have in our pockets and not get arrested!

what day in December does this come into effect exactly? 😄 

we always did know how many pills we could carry before it became a trafficking charge.

3 hours ago, SoilSpoil said:

No, they wont. Illegal substances fetch a much higher price than 'tolerated' substances. The price of kratomnand cannabis went in a freefall.

3 hours ago, bob smith said:

I know a man who cant get em for 5 baht a pill!

3 hours ago, Goat said:

6 baht a pill in my village currently.

Cheaper to get high than buy an icecream.

Already cheap...

3 hours ago, edwinchester said:

One of wifeys cousins must be feeling cheesed off at this news. He was sentenced to 6 years for one pill.

That would be unusual because from what I remember when the wife's sister got done with 6 pills, it was 2 years for each pill.

If she confessed, they would halve the sentence to 6 years, she confessed and got out after 3.5 years with all the good behaviour stuff, King and Queens birthdays etc.

I also know her new boyfriend after being released was set up by the cops for not dealing their stuff, they made sure he got 10 years, he did about 5, they don't stand a chance here because they can't afford lawyers and the cops word is game over apparently.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

That would be unusual because from what I remember when the wife's sister got done with 6 pills, it was 2 years for each pill.

If she confessed, they would halve the sentence to 6 years, she confessed and got out after 3.5 years with all the good behaviour stuff, King and Queens birthdays etc.

I also know her new boyfriend after being released was set up by the cops for not dealing their stuff, they made sure he got 10 years, he did about 5, they don't stand a chance here because they can't afford lawyers and the cops word is game over apparently.

This happened about 10 years ago. At the time it was considered very harsh especially as his wife had a daughter on the way.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1