Pattaya 7-eleven Stamps

Pattaya57

1 hour ago, Pattaya57 said:
1 hour ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Reminds me of the times I've been on my way into a shopping mall and there have been 'pretties' outside giving a free sample of something. And when they see whitey their outstretched arm is pulled back. After all, all farangs are rich and all Thais are poor, right? Pathetic.

Or maybe they were giving out perfume samples to ladies and pulled back when saw you were a guy...maybe nothing to do with being a "whitey" except in your head?

Edited 40 minutes ago by Pattaya57

Sorry to disappoint you, but they weren't. One was water, another was an energy drink, and one more was something that I've forgotten.

10 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

I haven't seen any stamps for years but I do get points by scanning the 7 Eleven app

Reading the permissions for those type of apps makes my skin crawl.  I don't know about the 7/11 app, but many others want access to everything on my phone. 

Why would an app want access to my camera and microphone? Seems like a pretty high price to pay for a few baht discount.  Like a priest whipping out his schlong and requesting access to an altar boy in exchange for an extra communion wafer and swig of wine. 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Bobthegimp said:

Reading the permissions for those type of apps makes my skin crawl.  I don't know about the 7/11 app, but many others want access to everything on my phone. 

Why would an app want access to my camera and microphone? Seems like a pretty high price to pay for a few baht discount.  Like a priest whipping out his schlong and requesting access to an altar boy in exchange for an extra communion wafer and swig of wine. 

Camera for scanning. Block everything until you need to use it and then block again immediately afterwards. 

• Like 1

Few years back a lot of shops like Big C and Foodland used to have promotions where they'd give stamps with purchases as well.

I have a nice set of ViVo pots and frying pans from one promotion at Foodland and a set of double-walled glasses from Big C I got for "100 baht plus (a certain number of stamps)" promotions.
Loved those promotions as I was shopping there anyways and the items they were offering were better quality than what they were selling. Like those ViVo pots and pans.

I've got cases (literally) of "Fisherman's Friend" drink glasses from Tops market when they did a promotion where you got a free glass with the purchase of a single package of Fishermans's Friend lozenges. I'm glad they stopped that promotion as I was running out of room on the shelf to store them (seriously, I ended up 40 glasses). Got another 4 "Bangkok Bank" glasses from some other promotion).
Had half a dozen plastic "laundry baskets" as well. Gave most of them away.

And from 7-11 "sticker"  promotions in the past, I got a "Winny the Pooh" waste-basket with lid as well as the Doremon stuff in the photo. One day I'll find a nice woman to settle down with and give all that to her kids.
Or just leave them outside the house one day and let nature take it's course.

And I wasn't buying all that much stuff really. Snacks and sodas mostly, maybe once a week or so. 
But the stickers add up over time. I see cashiers offer them to people (or people leave them on the counter) and they collect them, probably to give to a friend or relative.

Could contain:

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

I haven't seen any stamps for years but I do get points by scanning the 7 Eleven app

Is it a local thing?

Got plenty last week in Khon Kaen. Handed one yesterday in Pattaya and I think it was valued.

From observing I think you can also donate the stamps for some charity  by fixing/glueing them to a board in the shop?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Reminds me of the times I've been on my way into a shopping mall and there have been 'pretties' outside giving a free sample of something. And when they see whitey their outstretched arm is pulled back. After all, all farangs are rich and all Thais are poor, right? Pathetic.

Time for you to go home mate or are you stuck here because reasons? I hope that's the case, it makes the schadenfreude all the more enjoyable.

On 11/3/2023 at 3:47 PM, Lemsta69 said:

It's a scam by CP to get people to spend more at his overpriced inconvenience stores. Check out his net worth if you think I'm exaggerating.

If you're referring to the owner of the CP group, you may, or may not, be exaggerating (how could anyone know when you didn't quote his alleged net worth) but you were lying.  The tokens are not "a scam".

Edited by Liverpool Lou
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Pattaya57 said:
11 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

They don't.

But?

7 hours ago, teigen said:

distributed until 23 november and expiring on 15 decembe

...but...

12 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:
On 11/3/2023 at 4:44 PM, EdrigoSalvadore said:

When do they expire?

They don't.  Maybe.

• Sad 2

On 11/3/2023 at 3:48 PM, Pattaya57 said:

I think it's a 1 baht stamp for every 50 baht excluding alcohol (and cigarettes I assume). Cashier never seems to follow that 50:1 rule closely though

It's not like the staff have any discretion; the cash register tells them exactly how many stamps they owe you.

And so does your receipt, by the way, so you can actually verify that they gave you the correct number of 1-baht and 3-baht stamps, respectively.

3 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

They don't.  Maybe.

Nonsense, the booklet says clearly when the last day they will give you stamps will be and when the last day they can be turned in will be.

For someone with a tendency to be pedantic (not looking at you, Lou!), the latter should be considered the expiration date.

• Like 1

On 11/4/2023 at 5:23 PM, Liverpool Lou said:

If you're referring to the owner of the CP group, you may, or may not, be exaggerating (how could anyone know when you didn't quote his alleged net worth) but you were lying.  The tokens are not "a scam".

of course it's a scam. marketing tool designed to keep customers coming back and hence increase profits. it's done in their best interests, not the customer's.

Edited by Lemsta69

On 11/4/2023 at 6:10 AM, Pattaya57 said:

Or maybe they were giving out perfume samples to ladies and pulled back when saw you were a guy...maybe nothing to do with being a "whitey" except in your head?

At least he has a head and a brain....

• Confused 1