Thai Ministry proposes Clean Air Act to combat rising pollution crisis

webfact

43 minutes ago, Bobthegimp said:

"Climate" lockdowns by 2025.  If I'm wrong, I'll eat a bug.  If I'm right we will all be eating them. 

Now what social media and media sites are pushing this kind of conspiracy trope? Oh yeah, that would be the ones funded and supported by billionaires connected to the oil industries, funny that. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, connda said:

There is an incorrect assumption that rice farmers burn their fields.  Here in my corner of Northern Thailand, nobody burns their fields.  Ox gaze the fields and corn and rice stubble is cut and sold.

However, sugar cane is a different story.  So is the Big Ag supported corn growers who plant the denuded mountains in Mae Hong Song.  They do burn and it's freaking terrible as far as AQI.

Thanks, I've yet to spend time in the agricultural regions of the country yet and don't know about their practices.  The air pollution I know all too well. 

This is a problem in Thailand, Cambodia, Myanmar & Laos. Pollution does not respect borders. I would have thought it would have been a good idea to bring up the problem in the past with ASEAN when they meet and party every year in alternate countries. Thailand will never solve the problem alone.

• Like 2

First they have to come with a solution for the burning. How about serious rubbish connection and treatment all over Thailand? Then connection and treatment of agricultural waste such as branches after harvesting and trimming of trees? Once they have these services rubbing all over Thailand, then seriously implement the burning bans

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Bobthegimp said:

Asean Now is the extent of my social media and I haven't watched traditional media since my hair was black. 

I love oil and anybody with an ounce of common sense should kiss the ground beneath their feet and show gratitude for the miracle of oil and petroleum products. 

We wouldn't have a single modern convenience without it. No fertilizer, no mines, no EVs.  There wouldn't be flights to Thailand without oil, so we would miss out on this stimulating exchange. 

At no point did I say oil was bad, or that it didn't drive industrialised nations. As for the first part, sure, buddy 🙂 

3 hours ago, connda said:

As we have found out since 2020, conspiracy theory leads conspiracy fact by a few months to a few years.  The term "conspiracy theory" is a pejorative aimed to shut-down any discussion regarding a subject except for the Authoritarian so-called authoritative narrative.

No it isn't, cos real conspiracies do come out - crackpot ones stay as being crackpot. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, webfact said:

The Ministry of Natural Resource and Environment (MNRE) is set to introduce a groundbreaking Clean Air Act to address the escalating air pollution concerns that have gripped the nation.

Joke time again.

Baby laughing.gif

• Like 2