Thai Ministry proposes Clean Air Act to combat rising pollution crisis

webfact

3 hours ago, webfact said:

Samut Prakan has the world’s 9th worst air quality

image.png

Bangkok’s neighbouring province of Samut Prakan has been ranked having the world’s 9th worst air quality. The place has not enjoyed a single day of good air quality in 12 months, according to House Fresh, a publication focused on air quality.

House Fresh offers advice on how to tackle air pollutants in the home through how-to guides, product reviews, advice and original research on a variety of factors that affect indoor air quality.

House Fresh said on its website that it had analysed data of air quality indices in the world’s cities and ranked each of them, with the worst being at No. 1.

Full story: Thai PBS 2023-11-06

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

All those filthy factories on the other side of the river, Samut Prakan on the western side is not the same, we ought to break away from those dirty buggers😁

3 hours ago, PremiumLane said:

At no point did I say oil was bad, or that it didn't drive industrialised nations. As for the first part, sure, buddy 🙂 

Don't project the shame of your weak mindedness on me. 

Disable Facebook's ability to function on your devices and unplug your television. Learn to think for yourself.  One day you'll wake up and see how most people are simps who are being played by the media you cling to so strongly, and that you were once that simp. 

I lived in LOS from 1992 until 2013. The air pollution only started getting seriously toxic around 2000, when farmers all over Thailand changed crops to include more sugar & corn (for ethanol) rather than rice. Before that, the air in C Mai was only bad for a couple of months a year, three at maximum - after 2001 it was often twice that. The authorities are aware of the problem but despite making new rules each year, huge profits & zero enforcement means that sadly it will continue unabated. Chiang Mai now has the dubious honour of having some of the highest percentages of lung and throat cancer in non-smokers of any place on the planet. Despite what some have said, they have always burnt the stubble in the northern areas where I lived (mostly Chiang Dao, Hang Dong & Saraphi) but until 2000 it was seasonal & thus tolerable. The mushroom excuse is just that. Yes the locals in the hills do set fire to the forest areas to promote the growth of mushrooms, but it is the least of the problem & it is seasonal. After 2000 the smoke just got worse & worse and moving out to Saraphi in 2008 made little difference. I am aware the early widespread rains cleared a lot of it this year, as I was in C Mai for dental work in August, but it was a rare respite from the smoke. By 2013 we'd had enough of the ever-increasing air pollution & I moved my family to the valley I grew up in here in Oz, where the air is mostly clean & clear. Many of my friends have left LOS since then for the same reason - good health is worth more than anything else. I am aware that some folks have no choice but to stay put in LOS - I feel for them.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, klauskunkel said:

and Prawit's brother

If they had picked Lisa from Blackpink she would have been better equipped to tackle the pollution and horrendous air quality issues that Thailand is now facing. They just can't help themselves, they always reach from the very bottom of the barrel, and select the person with the least amount of talent and vision. 

• Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, khaowong1 said:

Let me guess... they are going to install some big ass fans to blow the pollution out to sea.  Sounds feasible.  🤦‍♂️

Didn't they try that once before, blowing air with molasses mixed in to capture the particles and bring them down to earth?

• Haha 1

Same empty word every year. Still my neighbours burn relentlessly without a care in the world poisoning their family and the wider community and no one says a thing. Thailand will never have proper law enforcement. Too Mai pen Rai. The sad thing is they have trash bins available right outside their property. I asked my brother in law once why he burns stuff and doesn't put it in the bin outside his house. His reply? We have always done it this way. 

14 hours ago, Bobthegimp said:

Don't project the shame of your weak mindedness on me. 

Disable Facebook's ability to function on your devices and unplug your television. Learn to think for yourself.  One day you'll wake up and see how most people are simps who are being played by the media you cling to so strongly, and that you were once that simp. 

damn, you are triggered. You mean not believe any old crackpot bs theory that i see online? 

The most strange thing is that they are inhaling (breathe) the bad air themself. And their parents and their children. How are they thinking? It´s not affecting ME?? Even if they have air purifier at home they are affected. Is it pure stupidity and low IQ?? That is what surprises me most of all.