Trump leads Biden in 5 key battleground states: poll

Social Media

13 minutes ago, heybruce said:

"...lively youthful athletic Trump, with his sharp wit, moral ethics, respect for the law, respect for the military, champion of family values, who commands respect from our allies and has proven to put our country before himself."

That is hilarious!

from a biden luvin dem loser at the NY times no less

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

"Former President Obama’s senior adviser David Axelrod on Sunday suggested President Biden drop out of the 2024 presidential race in the wake of a new poll showing the incumbent trailing former President Trump."

Pointing to a New York Times and Siena College poll published Sunday, Axelrod wrote on X, the platform formerly known as Twitter: “It’s very late to change horses; a lot will happen in the next year that no one can predict & Biden’s team says his resolve to run is firm.”
Arguing Biden is “justly proud of his accomplishments,” Axelrod said Biden’s poll numbers will “send tremors of doubt” through the Democratic Party.

https://news.yahoo.com/axelrod-suggests-biden-drop-2024-182833367.html

Despite "accomplishments" Biden is polling in the sewer as usual, and should just drop out.

It's over Joe, stand down now. Your own party knows it and don't want you.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, candide said:

Let's talk about the real and direct China trail... 😁

Trump waited until after he left office to disclose trademarks he owns in China and Russia

"Trump's assets in other countries raise the possibility that he could violate the emoluments clause of the US Constitution, which is designed to limit foreign influence on federal officers."

https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-disclose-china-russia-foreign-trademarks-after-presidency-2023-10?r=US&IR=T

Decoy. My dog said so.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Eric Loh said:

Question really is what is the state of mind of both going into the election still a year away. My bet is that Joe will still have his cognitive  faculties and his campaigning will be the turning point while Trump's cognitive decline is already happening and will worsened as his legal problems mount and will have a disastrous election campaign and will not win. 

Sadly, it looks like Joe's cognitive faculties left the building with Elvis.

Edited by nauseus

5 hours ago, MrPancake said:

Nothing. The number 1 producer of oil in the world is the USA.

If oil was responsible, you'll have tremendous inflation in Europe and none in the US.

The war in an 3rd world country like Ukraine doesn't lead to the kind of inflation we've seen.

You really have to be a moron to buy into that phony narrative.

All this is fundamentally due to the stupid commercial war between the USA and its competitors.

American leadership is trying to reframe globalization to maintain global dominance.

That has an impact on value chains and creates tensions with several countries.

This is where inflation comes from: the de-optimization of the global economy to protect american interests.

And we're all getting F in the process.

Baseless post. And you talk about moron in it! :biggrin:

https://www.statista.com/chart/30398/inflation-rates-in-g7-countries/

Could contain:

Edited by candide
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, illisdean said:

Well, how about that.

Another Trump business venture to add to his collection. Maybe Joe can get a Chinese trademark on a new fangled crack pipe with all royalties going to Hunter, the crack head / business extraordinaire along with all his $500K finger paintings.

In the meantime small time peanuts Joe gets a measly $40K for what, "selling out the country"?

https://nypost.com/2023/11/01/news/joe-biden-got-40k-from-bro-james-in-laundered-china-funds-comer/

NYPost_biden_CCPpmt.jpg.030039dc5c057167cdc2fa8d785a23eb.jpg

'Comer says' again! Lol!

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, MrPancake said:

Inflation throughout a single month doesn't mean anything at all....

As far as I know, it has not been  contradicted by other recent monthly data (see the graph I posted in a previous post).

But if you disagree, then why don't you show some reliable comparative data instead of just making baseless claims....

Edited: Lol! You just added the link I already posted in my previous post, link which supports the claim that inflation in the U.S. tends to be lower than in other G7 countries.

As to oil price, everyone knows the OPEP is by large the price maker.

Edited by candide
  • Like 2

35 minutes ago, Tug said:

Dear lord there is enough gas lighting on this thread to solve the world’s energy woes lol but seriously it’s way to far out to give the polling much credence but it certainly brings out the trolls and foreign influencers ehh?to me as an American voter it’s obvious trump is a silver spoon fraud wanna be dictator.President Biden on the other hand is an elderly experienced politician who knows how to assemble a crack team to move the country forward his heart and motives are in the right place as well.like it or not he and our TEAM have achieved some incredible results both domestically and abroad.trump on the other hand has been and continues to be a tremendous asset to Americas enemies.

These 'incredible' Biden results are what? The only crack team regular I've heard of is Hunter.

1 minute ago, nauseus said:

These 'incredible' Biden results are what? The only crack team regular I've heard of is Hunter.

Lowest inflation in G7, record low unemployment level, highest GDP growth in G7 compared to pre-pandemic level, record energy production and exports, just to name a few...

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, candide said:

Lowest inflation in G7, record low unemployment level, highest GDP growth in G7 compared to pre-pandemic level, record energy production and exports, just to name a few...

Lowest inflation in G7 - a comparison - is this figure so wonderful when it is still double the target according to The Fed?

record low unemployment level - it is not at a record low and now starting to rise.

highest GDP growth in G7 compared to pre-pandemic level - you have to compare everything to a troubled G7!

record energy production and exports - only just and there is a panic on.

1 hour ago, nauseus said:

Lowest inflation in G7 - a comparison - is this figure so wonderful when it is still double the target according to The Fed?

record low unemployment level - it is not at a record low and now starting to rise.

highest GDP growth in G7 compared to pre-pandemic level - you have to compare everything to a troubled G7!

record energy production and exports - only just and there is a panic on.

It's common for economists to make comparison between G7 countries.

For example:

https://commonslibrary.parliament.uk/research-briefings/sn02784/

Which countries would be more relevant, according to you?

Could contain:

Edited by candide
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, MrPancake said:

Inflation throughout a single month doesn't mean anything at all....

Here is the full evolution of inflation.

https://www.ft.com/content/088d3368-bb8b-4ff3-9df7-a7680d4d81b2

US has the more oil yet had the biggest inflation.

Nothing to do with energy. Period.

How many times must Trump supporters be reminded:  Don't use sources that undermine your argument.

Your link show US inflation significantly lower than the UK and currently about even with the Euro zone and Japan.  It also shows inflation dropped sooner in the US than in the UK and Euro zone.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

This early in the election, people are reacting to name recognition.

Polls don't mean anything at this point. You can ask President Guiliani about that.

That's right. Nobody recognizes the name of the CURRENT SITTING PRESIDENT....

The problem is that they DO recognize it. 

4 hours ago, Tug said:

Well Gollie gee were do we start?how about getting infrastructure done?or lower drug prices?or seeding the domestic manufacturing of computer chips?or standing tall with labor even picketing?or standing shoulder to shoulder with our allies?how about bringing stability to the world order?or for less than 6% of our defense budget humiliating that mass murdering evil thug Putin bankrupting his economy and exposing his military as a paper tiger assisting our Allie’s the Ukrainians defend their sovereignty and existence at their request I might add.he’s also standing by his son in his battle for sobriety as any decent father would do.is that enough?there’s lots and lots more not that it would make any difference to some humm?that’s why it’s hard for me to give any credence to many posters it’s so obvious…..ah well….and so it goes…..

Actually, most Americans care about;

8% mortgages

$4.00 gas

$14 for a burger set at McUgly's

8 million illegal immigrants

Giving money to subsidize foreign wars 

The economy is the number one issue for most Americans. And most Americans favor Trump on that issue. 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, candide said:

As far as I know, it has not been  contradicted by other recent monthly data (see the graph I posted in a previous post).

But if you disagree, then why don't you show some reliable comparative data instead of just making baseless claims....

Edited: Lol! You just added the link I already posted in my previous post, link which supports the claim that inflation in the U.S. tends to be lower than in other G7 countries.

As to oil price, everyone knows the OPEP is by large the price maker.

The US has had the highest inflation of all G7 countries. If you can't read a graph, it's not my problem.

OPEP doesn't make the price for US oil 😄😄

It's not an energy problem that explains inflation in the US. Period.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, heybruce said:

How many times must Trump supporters be reminded:  Don't use sources that undermine your argument.

Your link show US inflation significantly lower than the UK and currently about even with the Euro zone and Japan.  It also shows inflation dropped sooner in the US than in the UK and Euro zone.

US and UK had the highest inflation at 10%. My point was that it has nothing to do with a lack of oil or energy in general. It is the consequences of expensive and uneffective policies as well as geopolitical bs. As for Trump, he is a loser just like Biden imo.

Edited by MrPancake
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

That's right. Nobody recognizes the name of the CURRENT SITTING PRESIDENT....

The problem is that they DO recognize it. 

At this point in the 2012 election, Obama was losing to Newt Gingrich in the polls.

In other words:

Watch and learn.

• Like 2