When has history been on the correct side of censorship?

dhupverg

In this day and age of "misinformation" disinformation" "malinformation" and " fact checkers" I was hoping some historians would be able to let us know when censorship was on the correct side of history.  What governments and regimes were correct to censor it's subjects?

It looks like censosrship goes back a few thousand years.  

Here's a few links that go over things.

https://fcpp.org/2021/02/13/a-short-history-of-censorship/

https://www.britannica.com/topic/censorship/History-of-censorship

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/rabble-rouser/202103/the-rise-culture-censorship

23 minutes ago, Thorgal said:

Yes the information that is available is modelling our perception constantly and your "personal" opinion is adapted so that you won't criticize the uniform accepted and controlled mindset. 

Have you not been paying attention?

People have more widely different opinions than ever.

17 hours ago, Thorgal said:

5th generation warfare :

"Fifth-generation warfare (5GW) is warfare that is conducted primarily through non-kinetic military action, such as social engineering, misinformation, cyberattacks, along with emerging technologies such as artificial intelligence and fully autonomous systems. Fifth generation warfare has been described by Daniel Abbot as a war of "information and perception". 

"Alex P. Schmid said that fifth-generation warfare is typified by its "omnipresent battlefield", and the fact that people engaged in it do not necessarily use military force, instead employing a mixture of kinetic and non-kinetic force."

Yes the information that is available is modelling our perception constantly and your "personal" opinion is adapted so that you won't criticize the uniform accepted and controlled mindset. 

Spot on

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, Thorgal said:

'Fake News ' and fake infos that incite hatred and , with that , facilitate criminal and sometimes violent actions towards other less informed or naive people , should not be available to everybody .

It can cause a lot of damage .

57 minutes ago, Flying Saucage said:

Nobody has the right to censor any information I want to give others, might it be on politics, might it be on side effects of medicine or vaccines.

Sorry , but it depends on the kind of information .

Potentially harmful and untrue infos should be filtered out , for the sake of peace .

• Thumbs Up 1

22 hours ago, QuantumQuandry said:

Is having fact checkers censorship, though?

In most cases... Yes, they are censors of anything that doesn't fit 'their' agenda.  You call a snake a snake and they'll tell you that's wrong. It's a reptile and censor the truth (especially media matters).

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

40 minutes ago, nobodysfriend said:

'Fake News ' and fake infos that incite hatred and , with that , facilitate criminal and sometimes violent actions towards other less informed or naive people , should not be available to everybody .

Potentially harmful and untrue infos should be filtered out , for the sake of peace .

You are 100% wrong!

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

55 minutes ago, nobodysfriend said:

You take a lot on yourself and speak in broad, meaningless terms. 

I have a right to my own ideas and opinions, as do you and every person on this planet.  

A case in point was my refusal to take those injections.  My logic was clear and correct. 

When the panic started, I asked people if they knew anyone who had been hospitalized or died.  One coworker lost his brother (who was in a mental institution). That was it.

Step 2: talk to the paramedic, nurses and fire captain I knew.  They hadn't had a single call related to the deadly plague. ICU nurse said they'd had zero patients due to the botch. 

Talk to medical examiner I knew.  She had one person she had autopsied who died from the botch and she cited the known health risks of masks and refused to wear one. 

Step 3: visit my local hospital and check for myself. The place was empty. Hmm.

Final step: consult provincial and national mortality tables to see if there were statistical anomalies.   Nothing there either. 

I don't use Facebook or other social media, nor do I watch television, so my decision was not based on dis or mis or mal information, but people sure treated me like it was. Inject whatever you want into you and your helpless children's bodies, but leave the rational people alone to die in peace.  

Edited by Bobthegimp
Spelling

35 minutes ago, Bobthegimp said:

You take a lot on yourself and speak in broad, meaningless terms. 

I have a right to my own ideas and opinions, as do you and every person on this planet.  

A case in point was my refusal to take those injections.  My logic was clear and correct. 

When the panic started, I asked people if they knew anyone who had been hospitalized or died.  One coworker lost his brother (who was in a mental institution). That was it.

Step 2: talk to the paramedic, nurses and fire captain I knew.  They hadn't had a single call related to the deadly plague. ICU nurse said they'd had zero patients due to the botch. 

Talk to medical examiner I knew.  She had one person she had autopsied who died from the botch and she cited the known health risks of masks and refused to wear one. 

Step 3: visit my local hospital and check for myself. The place was empty. Hmm.

Final step: consult provincial and national mortality tables to see if there were statistical anomalies.   Nothing there either. 

I don't use Facebook or other social media, nor do I watch television, so my decision was not based on dis or mis or mal information, but people sure treated me like it was. Inject whatever you want into you and your helpless children's bodies, but leave the rational people alone to die in peace.  

Step 5 post it all here, or wherever, and entitle it "World wide hoax exposed and I can prove it!". You must have spread the word somewhere, or why were people shunning you? I think many conspiracy theorists have taken cover after realising the BS they were spewing out was just that. BS.

• Love It 1

On 11/8/2023 at 12:40 PM, QuantumQuandry said:

I am not of the opinion that there is a global conspiracy that employs every fact-checker and social media outlet in the world

In other words, you're too lazy to look into the matter or check your own facts.  

What is the infection mortality rate of said virus?

On 11/8/2023 at 12:13 PM, bradiston said:

Step 5 post it all here, or wherever, and entitle it "World wide hoax exposed and I can prove it!". You must have spread the word somewhere, or why were people shunning you? I think many conspiracy theorists have taken cover after realising the BS they were spewing out was just that. BS.

Bueller? Bueller? 

6 minutes ago, Bobthegimp said:

What is the infection mortality rate of said virus?

Bueller? Bueller? 

Why are you dredging up old rants? But it's easy enough to find out:

https://ourworldindata.org/mortality-risk-covid

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7947934/

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/coronavirus-death-rate/

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1201971221007931

More?

5 minutes ago, bradiston said:

I was kind of hoping someone would just openly state the number instead of screeching about conspiracies.