Soi Buakhao planned to be changed to one way

scubascuba3

3 minutes ago, JoseThailand said:
2 hours ago, JackGats said:

One way means speeding and more serious accidents. Two-way was what made it only moderately dangerous for pedestrians.

Good point!

I don't think so. With a one way direction there will be less chance on accidents because there is no opposite traffic.

The sois bewteen 2nd road and beach road are one way for many years already, how many serious accidents you hear about in those sois?

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, CallumWK said:

I don't think so. With a one way direction there will be less chance on accidents because there is no opposite traffic.

The sois bewteen 2nd road and beach road are one way for many years already, how many serious accidents you hear about in those sois?

We're talking about pedestrian safety. Traffic jams are actually good for pedestrians, easier to cross the street, and overall slower traffic.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

What is sad about all this is that they should be sitting down to implement a few safe crossings for pedestrians in Pattaya rather than try and devise ways to speed up traffic. In Pattaya you may stand 50 meters from a 7/11 but you might as well be one kilometer away. Of course the whole of Thailand is like this but Pattaya sets out to attract crowds of people who don't drive and there are zero provisions for their road safety. Even the few meters to hop into a Songtaew can get you injured or killed. It's surprising motorbikes do not ride inside restaurants and bars. Maybe that's because the curb is too high.

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Pattaya57 said:

Why did you do it? It's been one-way for a long time now and works really well when people follow the law (which 99% seem to be doing on soi Dianna)

It was an accident, i went up the cut through from soi 15, forgot it had changed to one way, of course no one way sign there

Edited by scubascuba3
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, JackGats said:

What is sad about all this is that they should be sitting down to implement a few safe crossings for pedestrians in Pattaya

No safe crossings are possible, too lawless, exception would be walk bridges which you get in Bangkok

On 8/6/2024 at 6:36 PM, scubascuba3 said:

Buakhao one way from Central to Pattaya Tai think I read. On The Pattaya News

Which surely is all  of Soi Buakhao!

• Agree 1

15 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

"the committee agreed to continue with the one-way plan and discuss the possibility of implementing additional one-way routes. These include:

Part of Soi Buakhao (from Central Pattaya to South Pattaya)

The connecting sois between Soi Buakhao and Second Road (clockwise direction)

The connecting sois between Soi Buakhao and Third Road (counterclockwise direction)

Soi Lengkee (outgoing towards Third Road)"

https://thepattayanews.com/2024/08/06/pattaya-city-decides-to-continue-one-way-traffic-program-on-soi-honey-and-soi-diana-further-one-way-projects-in-same-area-likely/

Thanks 👍 

7 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

It was an accident, i went up the cut through from soi 15, forgot it had changed to one way, of course no one way sign there

Ahem...there's this sign right in front of you at the intersection (plus blue ones painted on road each side of turn) 😆 

20240808_112015.jpg

Edited by Pattaya57
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Pattaya57 said:

Ahem...there's this sign right in front of you at the intersection (plus blue ones painted on road each side of turn) 😆 

20240808_112015.jpg

Must have been a vehicle in front at the time 

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, JackGats said:

One way means speeding and more serious accidents. Two-way was what made it only moderately dangerous for pedestrians.

one way and make vehicle traffic one lane only, paint on pedestrian walkway or both side, it'll be full of parked bikes and cars enough to slow down traffic to safe level 

4 hours ago, Pattaya57 said:

20240808_112015.jpg

I did the same as @scubascuba3 but not long after the change. The sign wasn't there then and there were definitely no blue road markings at that time. I cut left into LK Metro when I realised.......

1 minute ago, topt said:

I did the same as @scubascuba3 but not long after the change. The sign wasn't there then and there were definitely no blue road markings at that time. I cut left into LK Metro when I realised.......

The blue painted road markings have been there since day 1.

Not a great idea though as already badly faded now.

You can put as many signs Road markings down as you like but people ignore them, what purpose do the red and white markings serve, no one would stop for you, they have them outside my sons school along with warning signs flashing lights etc but all are ignored.

1 minute ago, Jumbo1968 said:

You can put as many signs Road markings down as you like but people ignore them, what purpose do the red and white markings serve, no one would stop for you, they have them outside my sons school along with warning signs flashing lights etc but all are ignored.

Crossings are mostly ignored in Thailand, when in Rome and all that

5 hours ago, Pattaya57 said:

20240808_112015.jpg

What good is a sign? In Thailand?