The Met Police WON'T ban Poppy Day pro-Palestine rally

CharlieH

1 hour ago, billd766 said:

With no sound on the video we only have the word of the person who took the video, who was who and that they were genuine pro Palestinian protesters and members of the EDL for examples. It was not explained who the two men were either.

I you wish to believe a post from somebody on 'X'. Feel free to do so.

Personally without any explanation I don't believe in it.

Sorry if I jumped the gun there, old chap. You're right there was neither sound nor explanation.

I just unfairly decided to favour the two unarmed guys that defended themselves against an attack from the five more aggressive gentlemen, especially the tw@t swinging that piece of timber.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, bannork said:

The summary of that article by Charles Turnbull 

iConclusion

While the principle of proportionality may serve a humanitarian interest in limiting the scope of war, we should not be complacent in thinking that the laws of war perfectly mirror moral principles, or that actions consistent with the LOAC are morally permissible. Ethically minded States and militaries need not be satisfied with the moral shortcomings of the principle of proportionality. They should acknowledge that collateral damage may be lawful, but not always moral, and take additional steps to reduce the risks to innocent bystanders in war

Fluff and Bubble - woke progressive BS.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Love It 1

2 hours ago, bannork said:

Nobody in their right mind supports Hamas. People are protesting Israel's ham fisted response which is causing untold suffering to civilians and promoting a generation of future Islamic martyrs.

Sure. None of the people participating supports Hamas - if you say so. Many of the people chanting 'river-to-the-sea' are, though - wittingly or otherwise. That's not including the rather more obvious swastika crowd, the death-to-the-Jews crowd, and those with Hamas badges, flags and air-glider pins.

1 hour ago, Neeranam said:

It is not a defensive war, but totally offensive. Any march to stop the ethnic cleansing of the Palestinian people should go ahead, it is more important that Remembrance Day, apart from a few old people who remember our  world wars. Apartheid and occupation were the causes of the war and Israel know that...... This is a smokescreen for their own selfish aims.

The military expert has spoken. There is no 'ethnic cleansing' other than in your posts.

3 hours ago, nauseus said:

Sorry if I jumped the gun there, old chap. You're right there was neither sound nor explanation.

I just unfairly decided to favour the two unarmed guys that defended themselves against an attack from the five more aggressive gentlemen, especially the tw@t swinging that piece of timber.

No need for an apology. It is a mistake that many of us make, except of course the perfect posters among us, who never put a foot wrong and loudly criticise those among us who do.

I just read (mostly) the posts here as IMHO the thread has gone toxic  and I don't really want to participate any more. I do reply to sensible and reasonable posts, but the majority are too much for my sensitive soul.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

49 minutes ago, Jai Dee said:

Several off-topic posts and replies as well as links to paywall sites have been removed as they are in violation of our Community Standards.

Reminder: This topic is about the march in London,  the "Israel is at war" topic would be a more appropriate thread to discuss the war.

Thank you.

9 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

But why don't we see regular protests on this scale against Hamas and all the other Islamist terror groups?

With the number of Islamist terror atrocities over the past 25 years, surely there should be millions on the streets protesting every week? 

They are a cult that have been conditioned to believe what they are told to believe, their movement thrives on hate and not peace. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

But why don't we see regular protests on this scale against Hamas and all the other Islamist terror groups?

With the number of Islamist terror atrocities over the past 25 years, surely there should be millions on the streets protesting every week? 

Perhaps because the terror/ terrorist groups are not countries belonging to the UN and claiming to be civilised.

If a dog craps on my street, I don't lodge a complaint with it, though I may protest to its owner if I can find him, (though he may deny owning the dog).

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, bannork said:

The cult of hate in action. Gumbys spoiling for a fight. 

I don't see any swastikas or peace protesters crying out the extermination of Israel and its people, and I don't hear you decrying the Hamas hate mob, but if that's your thing you should be ashamed. 😞

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

In England - I'm not sure if different rules apply elsewhere in the UK - anyone has the right to organise a protest: large or small; one-off or regularly scheduled. The police should be advised 6 days in advance, although not doing so would not necessarily prevent the protest from going ahead.

I guess the answer to your question is that no one has sought permission to organise such a protest(s)?

Gentleman please relax.

In a few years time, when the Muslims have better captured the instruments of the State, they'll be able to outlaw Remembrance Day and replace it with something more reflective of current values, perhaps 'Mohammed Day'. And then there will be no further squabbling or fighting.

And peace will reign. Your great-grandchildren in their mosques, will look back with shame that their ancestors were infidels. Just as Persians today try to forget that they resisted Islamic invasion.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

53 minutes ago, RayC said:

In England - I'm not sure if different rules apply elsewhere in the UK - anyone has the right to organise a protest: large or small; one-off or regularly scheduled. The police should be advised 6 days in advance, although not doing so would not necessarily prevent the protest from going ahead.

I guess the answer to your question is that no one has sought permission to organise such a protest(s)?

I guess you're right. It seems that 'ordinary' Muslims and those on the political left don't think all those Islamist terror atrocities are bad enough to warrant a protest. 

1 hour ago, bannork said:

Perhaps because the terror/ terrorist groups are not countries belonging to the UN and claiming to be civilised.

So you think because the terror groups don't belong to the UN, their actions are not worth protesting about? Strange way of thinking IMO

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, Wobblybob said:

I don't see any swastikas or peace protesters crying out the extermination of Israel and its people, and I don't hear you decrying the Hamas hate mob, but if that's your thing you should be ashamed. 😞

Anyone who supports Hamas is a fool, misguided or evil.

Out of 300,000 supporters of peace yesterday, how many called for the extinction of Israel?

But in the clip above of Gumbys, the language was foul, very very few women present, ( not stupid enough), plus cries of ' No black in the Union Jack' rang out. 

Yes, no soldiers from the Commonwealth died in the two world wars.

Sue Ellen, send these morons on the first plane to  Rwanda please 

1 hour ago, RayC said:

Seems alright for smaller scale protests, but 300k maybe different requirements? 

5 minutes ago, bannork said:

Out of 300,000 supporters of peace yesterday, how many called for the extinction of Israel?

But in the clip above of Gumbys, the language was foul, very very few women present, ( not stupid enough), plus cries of ' No black in the Union Jack' rang out. 

Whether they are truly into it or just chanting the slogan - 'river to the sea' is pretty much a call of the 'extinction of Israel'.

Quite a lot of that.

2 minutes ago, Morch said:

Whether they are truly into it or just chanting the slogan - 'river to the sea' is pretty much a call of the 'extinction of Israel'.

Quite a lot of that.

Then I guess you'd support laws against hate speech?  That's what this is.

Fury as Channel 4 dubs pro-Palestine protests 'peaceful' despite mob hounding Housing Secretary Michael Gove and Met Police detaining 150

Reform UK party leader Richard Tice said in response: ‘Lie of the day… Ofcom this is deliberate biased misinformation.’

Channel 4 deleted the tweet following the backlash.

Kieran Bradley, an assistant producer at LBC, said: ‘This isn’t accurate reporting of today’s events and what unfolded in Central London.’

He added: ‘It can only be described as “peaceful” if you blatantly ignore the pockets of violence, disturbance in Victoria, racist signs and genocidal chants for the eradication of Israel.’

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12739207/Fury-Channel-4-pro-Palestine-protests-peaceful.html

7 hours ago, bannork said:

Nobody is excusing these morons, nor should it be used as a weapon to distract the hate that is marching on our streets in the name of peace. I suggest you watch some old footage from the rallies showing the Brown Shirts calling for the destruction of of the Jews, there is very little difference. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Morch said:

Quite a lot of that.

That's a very one sided interpretation.

"The slogan has been used by Palestinians, Israelis and their supporters. For the Palestinian side, the slogan has come to be interpreted by some as advocating for a single democratic Palestinian state encompassing what is today Israel and the Palestinian territories, where individuals of all religions would have equal citizenship.

The slogan's usage by Palestinian militant groups have led to claims by critics that the slogan is antisemitic, calling for the dismantling of Israel and denying Jewish self-determination, or that it advocates for their removal or extermination, It has come under scrutiny in the United States and Europe, including being criminalized in some countries."

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/From_the_river_to_the_sea

• Like 1