The Met Police WON'T ban Poppy Day pro-Palestine rally

CharlieH

4 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

I trust the police will receive public help identifying these individuals, investigate, arrest and prosecute, let the courts deal with them.

The police tell us they estimate 300,000 attendees, 3 in 300,000 is three too many, they need dealing with.

Do you have any comments on the far more numerous arrests for violence of the extreme rightwing counter protestors?

Yes I trust they will receive plenty of help for catching those responsible for hate crime. Yep around 300,000 and you wanted me to provide evidence that there would be some non UK nationals there...................lol.

How about some comments from you on those from the Right wing seeing as your so interested in them.

Edited by Bkk Brian
  • Thumbs Up 1

14 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Yes I trust they will receive plenty of help for catching those responsible for hate crime. Yep around 300,000 and you wanted me to provide evidence that there would be some non UK nationals there...................lol.

How about some comments from you on those from the Right wing seeing as your so interested in them.

Hypocrisy at its worst. Demanding from critical of Israeli actions posters demanding they denounce Hamas, but refusing to denounce counter protests where the only aim is provocation.

3 minutes ago, stevenl said:

Hypocrisy at its worst. Demanding from critical of Israeli actions posters demanding they denounce Hamas, but refusing to denounce counter protests where the only aim is provocation.

Hypocrisy at its worst. Demanding from critical of Israeli actions posters demanding they denounce Hamas,

Really, can you show me where I was demanding anything? Comprehension problems again 

Edited by Bkk Brian
  • Haha 2

Just now, Chomper Higgot said:

The police should prosecute him for hate speech.

I hope they do.

The police had not problems making arrests on the spot on one protest - and rightly so.

The police somehow needs the public help to even identify offenders on a parallel protest.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, stevenl said:

You're too intelligent for a comment like that.

Could have said the same about your comment.

I don't make a fuss about the counter protest because it was totally expected (posted about the football angle some time ago - they guy egging some of them on is an expat here). It was a 'counter-protest' which was focused on aggro as well as politics. So no news and no other expectations, really. There were no illusions regarding what it was.

But the other protest? The 'marketing' angle was (as usual) all about peace, stop the war, save the children and so on. The reality is that it's also hyper political, and often over the top. Police reaction? Again, as expected, but not in a good way.

24 minutes ago, stevenl said:

No worries, I won't be making the same statement about you.

This thread is not about peoples intelligence and with your comprehension skills I would be very careful before throwing out accusations. Show me where you've denounced the hate crimes carried out by the Palestinian protestors?

Edited by Bkk Brian
  • Like 1

Just now, Chomper Higgot said:

I suspect they had an easier job dealing with a very much smaller but much more violent bunch of rightwing extremists. Especially when the extremists helped out by corralling themselves in a pub while they imbibed their customary ‘courage inducing refreshments’.

The police often rely on public help apprehending offenders, it’s common practice in the UK were the police have wide public support.

If I understood correctly, matters with the counter protest didn't take long to sort, with the larger protest mainly taking place after that. All them police on duty, plus cams all over London and no one saw anything? I think that when the police wants to be proactive it can.

30 minutes ago, Morch said:

But the other protest? The 'marketing' angle was (as usual) all about peace, stop the war, save the children and so on. The reality is that it's also hyper political, and often over the top. Police reaction? Again, as expected, but not in a good way.

Shock horror, protests which are an inextricable part of public political discourse in British democracy are ‘political’.

A refresher, the rights to freedom of assembly, freedom of association and freedom of speech.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Morch said:

If I understood correctly, matters with the counter protest didn't take long to sort, with the larger protest mainly taking place after that. All them police on duty, plus cams all over London and no one saw anything? I think that when the police wants to be proactive it can.

Morch, I never had you down as a conspiracy theorist.

• Like 2

A very good example of the total disrespect for Remembance Day/Veterans Day. Even if you have the right to hold protests it does not mean it is right to do so, especially when you intimidate peaceful volunteers and make them have to move on.

• Thanks 2