Who lives with in Asia with their farang wife

georgegeorgia

31 minutes ago, Prubangboy said:

I have. Problem: 'Just not that into me.

But many here are unconcerned with that.

I'm 70. The two planets called "Free" and "Into Me" are highly unlikely to ever align again.

Paying for it is ok, I prefer it otherwise they get attached and expect long term. Even one earlier wanted me to go cinema and coffee with her tomorrow 

• Like 2

The fact that someone can ask such a question leaves me speechless. And I am no saint, by all means but I do envy, sometimes, those who can enjoy a bit of adventure with their partner of a lifetime. Pattaya is  a great place to enjoy seafood  and golf, to invite the kids, for a couple of retirees.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, poppysdad said:

Well I did for one and we had a very nice life here until she died some 6 years ago now. We had a great many friends who were likewise and they came from many different countries and are all enjoying their lives here. The original posting I don’t have a problem with but many of the replies verge on being utterly ridiculous but isn’t that getting to be the norm these days. 

Whats normal in Thailand? 70yos with 25yos. Guys with ladyboys. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Tropicalevo said:

I think that you need to get out more and I do not mean to the beer bars.

My UK wife chose to live in Thailand when I gave her the option of 'pick anywhere in the world'.

All of my friends and associates bar two have non-Thai wives or long term girlfriends.

Hold your breath here - I even work with Thais that have UK wives.

I really do not understand why you are gobsmacked. 

Where I live, bar hopping DOM's are a rarity.

Where do you live?

4 minutes ago, Tropicalevo said:

I think that you need to get out more and I do not mean to the beer bars.

My UK wife chose to live in Thailand when I gave her the option of 'pick anywhere in the world'.

All of my friends and associates bar two have non-Thai wives or long term girlfriends.

Hold your breath here - I even work with Thais that have UK wives.

I really do not understand why you are gobsmacked. 

Where I live, bar hopping DOM's are a rarity.

Do you dabble with Thai ladies?

1 hour ago, StayinThailand2much said:

Begs the question, unless one has been offered a well-paid job as an expert, 'Why?' - Why not southern Europe, the Caribbean, or Mexico instead?

Doesn’t ‘beg the question’ at all. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, NextG said:

Sex tourists think that is the only reason to be in Thailand. They blink in disbelief if you tell them there are other reasons. 

I like cheap curries, cheap hotels, climate. Outdoor markets. 200 baht massage.

• Sad 1

Who lives with in Asia with their farang wife - and for how long?

When I arrived in Thailand, I worked a couple of years for the companies who built the underground train.

Lots of farangs who worked there arrived together with their wives.

A few years later a substantial part were not married to their farang wives anymore.

And the guys who were still married had often also a Thai girlfriend.

TiT

2 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

I always feel a little sad when I see a falang wife with falang husband in Pattaya. In many cases they've been dragged here and probably haven't been told the full story 

i saw a couple and it looked like swingers to me. there are a lot of foreign couples that look and dress straight (square), but they are actually kind of "sexually weird" and like threesomes and stuff like that. if you watch them closely they don't seem normal.

Edited by JimTripper
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 4

14 minutes ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

You have such a wonderful way with words and so often manage to attempt to make a point and put down the poster at the same time. 

Is it not a reasonable point to suggest a woman might have more of a concern living with a man in Pattaya than say a small town in Issan or the south of England. Try not to extrapolate beyond what is said. Trying to make people feel bad because they think differently to you seems to be your thing and it is boring. 

Yes he does it a lot. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, JimTripper said:

i saw a couple and it looked like swingers to me. there are a lot of foreign couples that look straight, but the are actually kind of "sexually weird" and like threesomes and stuff like that. if you watch them closely they don't seem normal.

Is that a bad thing? Might be fun

28 minutes ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

You have such a wonderful way with words and so often manage to attempt to make a point and put down the poster at the same time. 

Is it not a reasonable point to suggest a woman might have more of a concern living with a man in Pattaya than say a small town in Issan or the south of England. Try not to extrapolate beyond what is said. Trying to make people feel bad because they think differently to you seems to be your thing and it is boring. 

I say what I mean and I mean what I say. 
If you don’t like my posts, you aren’t compelled to read them. Why read them if you think they are boring?

• Like 1

I suspect it's a tiny percent of one percent of farang men are in Thailand with a farang spouse, and all of them are probably in BKK for work. For disclosure my wife is Thai

We lived in Singapore and Shanghai, and it was very common for expats to have their foreign wife with them, be they farang or asian, but those tended to all be working expats, as I was at the time.

When we moved to Thailand I never met a single farang wife.

Now we didn't live in BKK, but it was a far cry from our life in Singapore and Shanghai where it was a true melting pot of married couples in the expat community we socialized with.

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, JimTripper said:

i saw a couple and it looked like swingers to me. there are a lot of foreign couples that look and dress straight (square), but they are actually kind of "sexually weird" and like threesomes and stuff like that. if you watch them closely they don't seem normal.

Certainly some of those couples would have come to an agreement, other wives would be blissfully unaware

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Certainly some of those couples would have come to an agreement, other wives would be blissfully unaware

Unaware of what? Do you really think everyone is like you?

I can say that I’m not even slightly tempted by what is on offer. Because I really do have better and I have some respect for myself. Something the average sex tourist has long since abandoned.