The west is so boring

bignok

Life is pretty much same same, after a while, for me anyway; the honeymoon period is exciting, I'll give you that; mind you, I'm speaking from memory, haven't been back home (UK) in a long time, I get the impression things are pretty effed up there these days.

21 hours ago, bignok said:

The roads are better, the streets are cleaner but f me sideways its boring. $8 a beer in a pub to watch keno. $33 for steak and salad. The barmaids are 70kgs and no go. 

I live in Thailand, where a good steak will set you back a minimum of $33 and a basic bottle of red another $33, while the waitresses are getting fatter day by day while measuring 5 feet.

4 minutes ago, Ben Zioner said:

I live in Thailand, where a good steak will set you back a minimum of $33 and a basic bottle of red another $33, while the waitresses are getting fatter day by day while measuring 5 feet.

I paid 300 baht in Lampang for a T bone with chips salad and fruit. It was massive.

• Haha 1

I am in the west now visitng family.  Enjoying the change in weather and everyone speaking English.  Otherwise yes, it is over $100 for an average meal for 4 people, I went to play golf on the late rate and it was $120, gas prices way up, over $2,000 a month for an OK apartment.  And, forget about dating the women are old big mouth monsters with a bunch of baggage.

Not sure if it is boring, but certainly not that great add many people seem stressed and angry.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

I am in the west now visitng family.  Enjoying the change in weather and everyone speaking English.  Otherwise yes, it is over $100 for an average meal for 4 people, I went to play golf on the late rate and it was $120, gas prices way up, over $2,000 a month for an OK apartment.  And, forget about dating the women are old big mouth monsters with a bunch of baggage.

Not sure if it is boring, but certainly not that great add many people seem stressed and angry.

Lots of angry bogans

• Haha 1

I've been in Australia for the last 4 weeks. While everything is clean, and the people are friendly, it's no country for old people who are technologically illiterate. Cashless pay only in many places, everything is automated, credit card and mobile phones are essential. We stayed at a hotel in Sydney where you had to check in/out electronically and had to download an app to use the TV (the hotel was actually very nice and reasonably priced). Red light. speed and mobile phone cameras everywhere. You'd certainly be foolhardy to speed.

I've always said that western countries like Australia are for the young, while Thailand caters for us oldies - you don't have to feel left out in Thailand.. 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, bignok said:

I like the walking. Flirt with women. Eat food. Cheap coffee.

West charges $5 a coffee. No women to joke with outside moles in a pub.

$3 curry.

The west is cleaner by far but stale.

With Western woman, you have to say things that are funny for them to laught

With Thai Woman , you just start laughing for no apparent reason  and they laugh as well 

Just now, Nick Carter icp said:

With Western woman, you have to say things that are funny for them to laught

With Thai Woman , you just start laughing for no apparent reason  and they laugh as well 

Like you are fat and ugly?

• Confused 2

I got back from 6 months in Australia in September, I could feel myself relaxing as I flew into Bangkok.

In Oz, I was reduced to wearing three layers of clothing, and watching reruns of The Big Bang Theory.

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

I got back from 6 months in Australia in September, I could feel myself relaxing as I flew into Bangkok.

In Oz, I was reduced to wearing three layers of clothing, and watching reruns of The Big Bang Theory.

Takes me a day. Go to 7 or for a walk. 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, still kicking said:

Because they don't understand what you are talking about

Thai women are very clever at making silly farangs think they understand the rubbish they are spouting at the unfortunate women.

I used to listen in to the farangs one sided conversations in bars and wonder how the girls knew about the subjects they were holding forth on, till I wised up that they were pretending.

21 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Thai women are very clever at making silly farangs think they understand the rubbish they are spouting at the unfortunate women.

I used to listen in to the farangs one sided conversations in bars and wonder how the girls knew about the subjects they were holding forth on, till I wised up that they were pretending.

I only ever discussed the price with girls in bars, don't think any of them ever had a problem understanding me.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, FruitPudding said:

So, you like Thailand for the cheap beer, cheap food, and cheap women.

What's there to do in Thailand besides drink beer and "go for a massage?" Lol.

Thailand is boring if you don't have a job or a family........unless you are just here for partying.

You could fry out in the heat or you could walk around another mall, or perhaps a littered beach. Amazing Thailand. Might as well grab a beer and a hoe.

In the West, I'd be golfing, fishing, hiking, breathing clean air, and at least drinking a nice beer.

hiking! What does that involve? 

• Like 2