Indian Tourist Falls to Death at Pattaya Condo

snoop1130

S__193183903-696x522.jpg

A young Indian tourist plunged to his death from the 45th floor of a condominium complex in south Pattaya on the night of November 22nd.

The incident occurred at approximately 11:00 PM at a condominium, whose name was withheld pending a full investigation, located in Moo 12, Nongprue sub-district, Banglamung district, Chonburi province. Pattaya police and emergency response teams coordinated and rushed to the scene upon receiving the report.

At the 46-floor condo, the body of a 25-year-old Indian man, whose name was withheld pending family notification, was found beside a swimming pool situated on the 6th floor. He sustained severe injuries, including fractures to his limbs, torso, and a fractured skull. Pattaya authorities immediately cordoned off the scene to prevent unauthorized access before the rescue units transferred the body to a nearby hospital for a postmortem.

By Tanakorn Panyadee

Full story: The Pattaya News 2023-11-23

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

4 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

According to the police’s initial interviews with the victim’s friends, the victim jumped from the balcony of his 45th-floor room.

The distance I would say gives you enough time to regret any voluntary decision !

But would you be conscious for that whole drop or pass out before impact?

On 11/24/2023 at 5:23 AM, TroubleandGrumpy said:

Did he fall over the low balcony rail

Every newer Condo Building has rails high enough that you don't fall over. Even a old place like Rimhad Condo has high rails. All the View Talays have high rails. Unixx btw. has high rails too. You see, less and less of low balcony rails around. But in a beer bar, you will still make points with your remark.

• Confused 1

8 minutes ago, CHdiver said:

Every newer Condo Building has rails high enough that you don't fall over. Even a old place like Rimhad Condo has high rails. All the View Talays have high rails. Unixx btw. has high rails too. You see, less and less of low balcony rails around. But in a beer bar, you will still make points with your remark.

We recently stayed in a 4 star hotel in Rayong and the balcony rail was, as usual, about 700mm. The previous hotel we stayed in in Bangkok also had the same height railing, but with an added metal rail which made it about 900mm (but not strong - screwed into wall). We travel a lot and stay in hotels a lot and the railings are always low - some have been built up, but that it is better than nothing. You need to go beyond a few Pattaya Condos to see the reality of Thailand balcony railings built for much smaller Thais - but it is good to hear they are making them higher there.

This is a good thing to talk about, because the more people that read this sort of stuff, the more that are aware of it in hotels all across Thailand.  The first time for me was many years ago when I was in a Bangkok hotel way up high and I walked outside thinking what a great view. I was not even looking at the railing and only noticed how low the railing was when I was up against it - needless to stay I jumped backwards very quickly. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, CHdiver said:

Every newer Condo Building has rails high enough that you don't fall over. Even an old place like Rimhad Condo has high rails. All the View Talays have high rails. Unixx btw. has high rails too. You see, less and less of low balcony rails around. But in a beer bar, you will still make points with your remark.

You are kidding right? People are always flippant on these types of threads; look at the first couple replies… typically non empathetic boomers. Why the F would a depressive travel all the way here to jump? Low balconies in this country is a real thing. The amount of times I’ve almost gone over with beer in hand! Thailand seriously needs to get its <deleted> together in policing this—i.e. MAKE IT POLICY TO ENSURE CONTRACTORS FOLLOW BUILDING CODES AND CHUCK UP HIGH BALCONY RAILS! Big fines on architects and cops for aholes that don’t comply. It is not a third world country but dogs in streets and stuff like this makes it appear so. 

• Sad 1

On 11/24/2023 at 5:32 PM, OttoPollmann said:

Doubtful, he has tried to jump from the 45th floor into the pool. That would be a lethal daredevil move just from the impact on the water. RIP young man, too early to go. 

Thank you for telling the obvious. I was joking, but you missed that in your frenetic try to be totally serious.

On 11/23/2023 at 9:57 PM, Enoon said:

"The incident occurred at approximately 11:00 PM at a condominium"

The Unixx :

Screenshot2023-11-23at21-38-47UnixxPattayaPattayaSouthfrom28-BookNow.png.ac88a3f3e97aa645520f27234e8b5b75.png

They wanted to keep it a secret, yet they posted a photo of the condo's pool and mentioned 46 floors. Not hard to figure out which building. The Unixx has 47 floors. 

On 11/25/2023 at 5:47 PM, JemJem said:

Sadly, one would most probably be conscious. 

Of course, he would be conscious. The fall took about 5 - 6 seconds. That's too quick to think about anything at all.

He fell from the 45th floor to the pool on the 6th floor, so assuming an average condo story height of about 3.65 m, he fell  39 floors or about 142 m.

According to the online "Splat calculator", using a body weight of 70kg at 142 m:

The Splat Calculator - A Free Fall Calculator

• Speed at impact:52.76 m/s
  • or 189.92 km/h
  • Time until impact: 5.38 s
  • Energy at impact: 97412.00 joules
Edited by JensenZ
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/23/2023 at 9:57 PM, Enoon said:

"The incident occurred at approximately 11:00 PM at a condominium"

The Unixx :

Screenshot2023-11-23at21-38-47UnixxPattayaPattayaSouthfrom28-BookNow.png.ac88a3f3e97aa645520f27234e8b5b75.png

That sure is a very small swimming pool for a huge 47 story building at The Unixx. Do they only have the one pool or any others?

On 11/24/2023 at 11:13 PM, CHdiver said:

Even the allegedly low ones weren't that low. 

Indian people aren't that into suicide. Its rarer for them. RIP 

On 11/24/2023 at 11:33 PM, TroubleandGrumpy said:

We recently stayed in a 4 star hotel in Rayong and the balcony rail was, as usual, about 700mm. The previous hotel we stayed in in Bangkok also had the same height railing, but with an added metal rail which made it about 900mm (but not strong - screwed into wall). We travel a lot and stay in hotels a lot and the railings are always low - some have been built up, but that it is better than nothing. You need to go beyond a few Pattaya Condos to see the reality of Thailand balcony railings built for much smaller Thais - but it is good to hear they are making them higher there.

This is a good thing to talk about, because the more people that read this sort of stuff, the more that are aware of it in hotels all across Thailand.  The first time for me was many years ago when I was in a Bangkok hotel way up high and I walked outside thinking what a great view. I was not even looking at the railing and only noticed how low the railing was when I was up against it - needless to stay I jumped backwards very quickly. 

Take some pictures then. I have traveled all over and have yet to see any of these allegedly low rails

• Haha 1

On 11/25/2023 at 4:18 PM, daveAustin said:

You are kidding right? People are always flippant on these types of threads; look at the first couple replies… typically non empathetic boomers. Why the F would a depressive travel all the way here to jump? Low balconies in this country is a real thing. The amount of times I’ve almost gone over with beer in hand! Thailand seriously needs to get its <deleted> together in policing this—i.e. MAKE IT POLICY TO ENSURE CONTRACTORS FOLLOW BUILDING CODES AND CHUCK UP HIGH BALCONY RAILS! Big fines on architects and cops for aholes that don’t comply. It is not a third world country but dogs in streets and stuff like this makes it appear so. 

You should be able to find a few pictures of these allegedly low rails in Thailand. Post them. 

It is mind blowing to me that you somehow don't think Thailand has building codes.