Israel is at War - General discussion (pt2)

CharlieH

44 minutes ago, Morch said:

@JBChiangRai

What you present is your opinion, relying on selective interpretation of facts.

I do get it that you really want it to become reality. However, there's that small matter of the gap between what you wish for and what is.

Other than in your imagination and your post, there is no international thrust aligned with what you suggest.

So you declaring stuff, or asserting the world should do this or that - not much interest considering your obvious bias.

And there you go, @JBChiangRai anymore than you expected?

• Confused 2
  • Thanks 1

Oh dear, I know some want to derail and deflect the topic but for most of us what is happening now and being revealed is more important.

At least 10 freed hostages were sexually abused by Hamas in captivity, doctor says

At least 10 of the Israeli civilians released by Hamas, both men and women, were sexually assaulted or abused while in captivity, the Associated Press reported Wednesday.

In a report detailing allegations of severe and widespread sexual abuse by Hamas terrorists during their October 7 onslaught and later against hostages, a doctor who treated some of the 110 hostages released from captivity told the AP that at least 10 men and women among those freed were sexually assaulted or abused.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/at-least-10-freed-hostages-were-sexually-abused-by-hamas-in-captivity-doctor-says/

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Oh dear, I know some want to derail and deflect the topic but for most of us what is happening now and being revealed is more important.

At least 10 freed hostages were sexually abused by Hamas in captivity, doctor says

At least 10 of the Israeli civilians released by Hamas, both men and women, were sexually assaulted or abused while in captivity, the Associated Press reported Wednesday.

In a report detailing allegations of severe and widespread sexual abuse by Hamas terrorists during their October 7 onslaught and later against hostages, a doctor who treated some of the 110 hostages released from captivity told the AP that at least 10 men and women among those freed were sexually assaulted or abused.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/at-least-10-freed-hostages-were-sexually-abused-by-hamas-in-captivity-doctor-says/

I don't think you will get many arguments on here that Hamas committed some dreadful atrocities on the 7th, rape, genital mutilations, etc etc.

I for one hope the I.C.C. comes down on them all as hard as legally possible.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

IDF officials: 2 civilian deaths for every 1 Hamas fighter killed in Gaza

https://www.timesofisrael.com/idf-officials-2-civilian-deaths-for-every-1-hamas-fighter-killed-in-gaza/

Unless mistaken, this resembles the civilian/combatant death ratio for the 2014 Gaza War - with everything else associated with that war being on a smaller scale. It doesn't make civilian deaths a good thing - but it does provide some context and a dose of realism.

Hamas Are Like ‘A Thousand Jeffrey Dahmers,’ NewsNation Guest John Spencer Tells Chris Cuomo

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/hamas-are-like-a-thousand-jeffrey-dahmers-newsnation-guest-john-spencer-tells-chris-cuomo/

Also a comment about IDF operations in the Gaza Strip and civilian casualties, near the end of the clip.

John Spencer (military officer)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Spencer_(military_officer)

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

16 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

You are making my point for me, thank you.

Of course, oppressed people have the right to protest, boycott, whatever. The problem comes with using terrorism as a weapon. 

Concerning your Irish example, when was the last time that the IRA committed terrorism?

After Hamas is eliminated, Gazans will have the equivalent of the Palestinian Authority governing them, and life can return to normal in Gaza. If not, Gazans will continue to suffer.

LOL.

I didn't realise you had a point as you deflect so much.

Are you not aware that netanyahu has declared that the israeli army will occupy Gaza indefinitely-  so much for "return to normal". Do try and keep up.

• Confused 1

10 hours ago, Thorgal said:

From my military experience :

If you go for a longtime military operation you take at least a backpack with food, tent etc.

I only saw the Israeli military soldiers wearing backpacks in the beginning of the ground offensive...

Under fire the first thing is to dump the backpack, which is why they come with quick release buckles. If they ain't wearing them it's because Hamas fighters have them under fire. Seems it's different on the ground from just dropping bombs from safety high up up up in the sky.

7 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

LOL.

I didn't realise you had a point as you deflect so much.

Are you not aware that netanyahu has declared that the israeli army will occupy Gaza indefinitely-  so much for "return to normal". Do try and keep up.

@thaibeachlovers

Netanyahu 'declares' all sort of things. Usually whatever it is he thinks the base wants to hear or what suits him at the moment. Taking his words as indication they would materialize is a choice. I think that when he says something 'pacifying' you usually do not believe him.

7 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Under fire the first thing is to dump the backpack, which is why they come with quick release buckles. If they ain't wearing them it's because Hamas fighters have them under fire. Seems it's different on the ground from just dropping bombs from safety high up up up in the sky.

@thaibeachlovers

Been a long time since you've been in uniform, I take it.

Edited by Morch

"But let me be crystal clear: Hamas’s refusal to release the remaining young women is what broke this deal and ended the pause in the fighting."

Remarks by President Biden at a Campaign Reception | Boston, MA

And over the past few weeks, survivors and witnesses of the attacks have shared the horrific accounts of unimaginable cruelty: reports of women raped — repeatedly raped and their bodies being mutilated while still alive, of women corpses being desecrated, and Hamas terrorists inflicting as much pain and suffering as — on women and girls as possible and then murdering them.  And it’s appalling.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-room/speeches-remarks/2023/12/05/remarks-by-president-biden-at-a-campaign-reception-weston-ma/

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

The mainstream media, which is under the control of the Zionists, constantly lies to you as if all Jews are on the side of Israel, but this is a big lie. Thousands of Torah Jews in the world are against Israel and Zionism.

Conspiracies' and falsehoods

Mainstream media is not controlled by the Zionists in fact its pretty clear that since Oct 7th many mainstream media outlets are clearly Pro Palestinian, and where are the examples of the media claiming all Jews are on the side of Israel?

So it's a conspiracy and falsehood that thousands of Torah Jews are against Israel and Zionism?

Doesn't look like that to me on the video, and that was the point I was trying to make.

• Confused 3

3 minutes ago, Jeff the Chef said:

So it's a conspiracy and falsehood that thousands of Torah Jews are against Israel and Zionism?

Doesn't look like that to me on the video, and that was the point I was trying to make.

You are aware that the parties representing them are part of Netnayahu's coalition, right?

11 hours ago, Jeff the Chef said:

Try addressing your quote I was referring and answering the questions I put, you know, the one with the conspiracies and falsehoods

The mainstream media, which is under the control of the Zionists, constantly lies to you as if all Jews are on the side of Israel, but this is a big lie. Thousands of Torah Jews in the world are against Israel and Zionism.

Mainstream media is not controlled by the Zionists in fact its pretty clear that since Oct 7th many mainstream media outlets are clearly Pro Palestinian, and where are the examples of the media claiming all Jews are on the side of Israel?

Edited by Bkk Brian
  • Thanks 1

On 12/6/2023 at 6:26 PM, Bkk Brian said:

Been off line a while travelling to Thailand. Once I got settled i found sky and saw reports of the Rapes of female Hostages we saw a hostage being forced out of a 4x4 by Hamas butchers we saw what to be red staining on the back of their pants, we now know it was a female raped Anally by god knows of them in the back of that vehicle. Another account is from a medic / Doctor saying most of the dead females from the concert butchered showed signs of rape with some having broken pelvic bones, my god.

Son of Israeli war cabinet minister killed in Gaza, IDF says

https://edition.cnn.com/2023/12/07/middleeast/israel-idf-war-cabinet-son-killed-gaza-intl/index.html

Netanyahu's sons aren't anywhere near the front. The elder finished his 'exile' in Florida, where his 'contribution' was the usual crap he posts on social media (mainly conspiracy theories, incitement, and badmouthing anyone who doesn't like his dad), came home and did an emergency call center volunteer photo op. The younger still attends uni in London.

Hamas leaders in Qatar moved most of their immediate families away from the strip (I think there's one kid getting medical care in Israel, from before 7/10). There were reports that families of Hamas Gaza leadership were similarly moved from the Gaza Strip in advance, before the attack.

33 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Increasingly brutal IDF activity, official Israeli rhetoric, and settler-led violence is making it harder to deny a policy designed to expel Palestinians

https://responsiblestatecraft.org/ethnic-cleansing-gaza/

More of your bias anti-Semitic propaganda @Neeranam

Quincy Institute for Responsible Statecraft

In January 2020, The Jerusalem Post reported that a number of fellows of the institute, including Lawrence Wilkerson, Stephen Walt, and John Mearsheimer, had been accused of antisemitism for the ways they have criticized the Israel lobby in the United States, AIPAC, and Israel.[13] One such accusation came from Republican U.S. Senator Tom Cotton, describing it as an "isolationist, blame America First money pit for so-called scholars who've written that American foreign policy could be fixed if only it were rid of the malign influence of Jewish money."[17][13] Quincy president Andrew Bacevich described Cotton's claim as "absurd".[18]

According to an April 2021 article in Tablet, two Quincy Institute fellows have cast doubt on whether the Uyghur genocide amounts to a genocide.[19]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quincy_Institute_for_Responsible_Statecraft

Edited by Bkk Brian
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

The hyperbole article doesn't actually reflect your hyperbole one-liner comment.

It is all the more asinine considering most of Gaza's Christian community is no longer there for quite some time.

• Like 2