Docs needed for retirement renewal?

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

That does not always work.

For 10 years at CW I never was required to show TM47.

My most recent it was required.

The OP in this attached thread had same experience. 

https://aseannow.com/topic/1309772-report-cw-bangkok-non-immigrant-o-extension-retirement/

The website is updated very often. If you leave your "lazy corner" you will recognise it. Also a phone call or email will clarify issues.

• Sad 2
  • Haha 1

Documents I provided for monthly income method at CW.

TM 7 with photo.

Copies of 4 passport pages;

Id , non imm o visa , arrival stamp and latest extension stamp.

Hand drawn map.

Copies of TM47 and TM30.

Bank letter, 12 month statement , copy of bankbook pages showing all relevant transactions including required update.

As I use Kasikorn bank for my monthly deposits via Wise I provide Kasikorn credit advice receipts that are emailed to me which show the funds are from abroad.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, foreverlomsak said:

excluding the line of

Whatever else the IO wants to see

My office needs copies of latest TM30 & TM47 receipts and copies of all used pages from the passport and bank book (current book goes back to 2014)

It also excludes any mention of transferring the monthly income into a Thai bank.

On 11/25/2023 at 11:57 AM, Huayrat said:

Hi.. I've used an agent the last 2 years and now gonna do it myself. My questions are.

1. What paperwork do i need to fill in

2. What copies of passport pages etc?

3. The 65,000 baht funds everymonth in the bank. Can i do the total needed in the year or does it have to be 65k showing everymonth.. I've transfered 1.5m baht over the year but not sure if i've missed a month or not.

If you wish to change  method, you need to have 65k baht minimum every calendar month during a year; furthermore you still need your bank deposit of 800k baht – if reduced to 400k during the extension period, it must be topped up two month prior to application foe extension – to be eligible for another extension of stay.

Paperwork depends of where you stay and the local immigration office. Apart from the financial side, the can be variations in what paperwork is demanded.

On 11/25/2023 at 5:57 PM, Huayrat said:

The 65,000 baht funds every month in the bank. Can i do the total needed in the year or does it have to be 65k showing every month.

It's still not entirely clear to me what precisely it is you really want to do.

Are you definitely set on using the 65k monthly deposit method or would you prefer (or are you OK with) just doing the "total needed in one year" - i.e. 800k in the bank. method?

Until it's clear what your preferred method is, it's difficult to give a precise answer.

13 hours ago, foreverlomsak said:

excluding the line of

Whatever else the IO wants to see

My office needs copies of latest TM30 & TM47 receipts and copies of all used pages from the passport and bank book (current book goes back to 2014)

Utterly ludicrous.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/26/2023 at 8:53 PM, GroveHillWanderer said:

You need either 800,000 in the bank or proof of monthly deposits. It's one or the other - not both.

Actually a mix of the 2 IS possible under the "combo" method. That said, even this won't be available in the OP's case since, as @norbra has pointed out, he's a monthly transfer short as regards the 65k income method.

Edited by OJAS

On 11/27/2023 at 9:30 AM, charleskerins said:

So how does US citizen do income verification? 

Import 800,000 baht, transfer 65,000 per month after that for one year.  You verify your income by sending it here.  Or, you pay an agent $700 a year to lie for you.  After one year of bank verified transfers, you can drop to 400,000K in your bank account and continue 65K a month.  The US Embassy won't verify squat.  Their only good for reporting your death.  They want to make sure your Social Security stops.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Joebuzzz said:

Import 800,000 baht, transfer 65,000 per month after that for one year.  You verify your income by sending it here.  Or, you pay an agent $700 a year to lie for you.  After one year of bank verified transfers, you can drop to 400,000K in your bank account and continue 65K a month.  The US Embassy won't verify squat.  Their only good for reporting your death.  They want to make sure your Social Security stops.

Much appreciated.   Just curious on the Thai website is states income of 65k per month (does not mention transfer of funds) but since US Embassy won't verify Thai authorities accept the one year of transfers as verification?

On 11/28/2023 at 8:32 AM, OJAS said:

Actually a mix of the 2 IS possible under the "combo" method. 

and not all offices accept the "combo" method, apparently my local office is one that doesn't, not that I've tried personally, but one of the local retirees I meet occasionally tried and said he was told if you don't have 800k in the bank go to Pattaya for your extension, which he has been doing for 4/5 years now. Another was told it wasn't acceptable to have the 800k split between 2 accounts (same bank 1 branch here and 1 Pattaya, the bank letters for both produced locally) go to Pattaya, which he did (permanently) 3 years ago.

On 11/28/2023 at 4:18 AM, charleskerins said:

Much appreciated.   Just curious on the Thai website is states income of 65k per month (does not mention transfer of funds) but since US Embassy won't verify Thai authorities accept the one year of transfers as verification?

Yes, as long as the bank transfer process shows them as coming in from overseas.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/27/2023 at 9:56 AM, Ebumbu said:

The problem with monthly transfers is that they're going to start being taxed on Jan 1st, 2024. Best to bring in the 800k or more now, if possible, to get in under the wire. 

Well, they will most likely, keep a count of funds coming into the country unless immigration is going to change amounts and then at the end of the year (first will be 01 Jan 2025, you will get a tax  bill on the funds brought into the country.  However, they are still working on the new law and NOONE really knows that the final will say so...

On 11/29/2023 at 11:03 PM, treetops said:

Yes, as long as the bank transfer process shows them as coming in from overseas.

As mentioned above, I do and have done the 65K monthly for years since the EMB dropped the letter of verificaton, you will have to have your bank provide a letter giving 12 monthly transfers from overseas of 65K, never less but can do more but EVERY month must be at least 65K.  The bank will verify your account, plus at CM they want a copy of EVERY page of your bank book too.