Docs needed for retirement renewal?

Hi.. I've used an agent the last 2 years and now gonna do it myself. My questions are.

1. What paperwork do i need to fill in

2. What copies of passport pages etc?

3. The 65,000 baht funds everymonth in the bank. Can i do the total needed in the year or does it have to be 65k showing everymonth.. I've transfered 1.5m baht over the year but not sure if i've missed a month or not.

Thanks in advance 🙏

Edited by Huayrat
Spelling mistake

Did the agent assist you and you had all the proper monthly transfers on previous extensions?

Or, did the agent go to the bank and have them put/show the $800,000 in the bank?

The total amount does not matter it has to be at least 65,000 b every month international transfer.

If your agent provided finances required for your current extension then you are stuck with the agent for your next extension.

You will not be able to use MONTHLY deposits until you can provide immigration with proof of 800,000 baht in your bank account at the time of previous extension and meet their other conditions throughout that year.

If you now have 800,000 in YOUR Thai bank account you could allow/ terminate your current extension by leaving Thailand and returning with a tourist visa or visa exempt.

Apply for a new O visa at your local immigration (don't forget a new TM30)

Edited by norbra

OP, as others have pointed out...

You need to clarify what the agent did for you regarding financial requirements.

Frankly seems that you have zero idea of the requirements.

Income method requires min 65k transfers from o/s every month.

Update your past extension process for accurate advice. 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

On 11/25/2023 at 6:37 PM, norbra said:

If your agent provided finances required for your current extension then you are stuck with the agent for your next extension.

You will not be able to use MONTHLY deposits until you can provide immigration with proof of 800,000 baht in your bank account at the time of previous extension and meet their other conditions throughout that year.

If you now have 800,000 in YOUR Thai bank account you could allow/ terminate your current extension by leaving Thailand and returning with a tourist visa or visa exempt.

Apply for a new O visa at your local immigration (don't forget a new TM30)

I have proof of 800k in my account on the last 2 dates of renewal.. It's on my bank statement. Is this enough to now change to the monthly deposits?

13 minutes ago, Huayrat said:

I have proof of 800k in my account on the last 2 dates of renewal.. It's on my bank statement. Is this enough to now change to the monthly deposits?

If the 800,000 has been your balance for 12 months AND you have 12 x 65,000 b MONTHLY international deposits you will have no problems.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Huayrat said:

No.

As @norbra pointed out you would need to show 12 months of transfers unless your embassy provides income letter..

Currently I'm maintaining 800k in bank and for next 12 months transfers.

Being Oz, my embassy does not provide income letter. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

28 minutes ago, Huayrat said:

You need either 800,000 in the bank or proof of monthly deposits. It's one or the other - not both.

If you have 800,000 in the bank you don't need to do monthly transfers.

But as others have said, you need to clarify what method you (or more pertinently) your agent, has been using. Because if what you're doing amounts to changing the method used to show financial means, there may be some different considerations involved.

• Like 1

Last I heard was that if you did all by the book, after year one of 800K in the bank and 65K per month for one year, you could drop your deposit to 400K on approval. True that UK, Australia, Oz, and USA embassies won't help with the income verification, even if it's government pension/social security. As for the USA, it's because they're lazy government employees that wouldn't have jobs if the government didn't give them one.

• Like 1

On 11/25/2023 at 5:57 PM, Huayrat said:

Hi.. I've used an agent the last 2 years and now gonna do it myself. My questions are.

3. The 65,000 baht funds everymonth in the bank. Can i do the total needed in the year or does it have to be 65k showing everymonth.. I've transfered 1.5m baht over the year but not sure if i've missed a month or not.

Thanks in advance 🙏

GOOGLE IS AVAILABLE

• Confused 1
  • Sad 4
  • Haha 1

On 11/25/2023 at 5:57 PM, Huayrat said:

Thanks in advance 🙏

The immigration's website will tell you everything what you have to know.

8 minutes ago, norbra said:

For the year prior to changing method he does need both deposit (to meet current years requirements)and income to apply for new extension

That is exactly what I'm currently doing.

I obtained my most recent extension (Oct 2023) and will follow "money in bank" rules till my next extension (Oct 2024).

At the same time have started monthly transfers (65k+)

For next extension will show 12 months of transfers.

Being Oz, no income letter available.

Back to the OP, don't think he understands the income method requirements also not clear what the agent actually did on his behalf.

Was it just hand holding or did agent cover the financial requirements. 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

I obtained my most recent extension (Oct 2023) and will follow "money in bank" rules till my next extension (Oct 2024).

At the same time have started monthly transfers (65k +)

Back to the OP, don't think he understands the income method requirements also not clear what the agent actually did on his behalf.

OP has provided the monies 800,000 for his last 2 extensions.

But he is a monthly transfer short for this coming renewal.

Edited by norbra

1 hour ago, newbee2022 said:

That does not always work.

For 10 years at CW I never was required to show TM47.

My most recent it was required.

The OP in this attached thread had same experience. 

https://aseannow.com/topic/1309772-report-cw-bangkok-non-immigrant-o-extension-retirement/

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

At the same time have started monthly transfers (65k+)

I changed from deposit to income back in 2019 no problem at CW

• Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, Joebuzzz said:

Last I heard was that if you did all by the book, after year one of 800K in the bank and 65K per month for one year, you could drop your deposit to 400K on approval. True that UK, Australia, Oz, and USA embassies won't help with the income verification, even if it's government pension/social security. As for the USA, it's because they're lazy government employees that wouldn't have jobs if the government didn't give them one.

So how does US citizen do income verification? 

13 minutes ago, charleskerins said:

So how does US citizen do income verification? 

You will need to show 12 month of transfers PRIOR to applying for extension using income method.

Currently now I am making monthly transfers of 65k+ along with maintaining the funds in bank method.

12 month overlap 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ebumbu said:

The problem with monthly transfers is that they're going to start being taxed on Jan 1st, 2024. Best to bring in the 800k or more now, if possible, to get in under the wire. 

Believe it when it happens.

Enough Sherlock Holmes threads running debates on the "new tax rule" 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, newbee2022 said:

excluding the line of

Whatever else the IO wants to see

My office needs copies of latest TM30 & TM47 receipts and copies of all used pages from the passport and bank book (current book goes back to 2014)

24 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

You will need to show 12 month of transfers PRIOR to applying for extension using income method.

Currently now I am making monthly transfers of 65k+ along with maintaining the funds in bank method.

12 month overlap 

and you will need to prove that they are foreign transfers.

12 minutes ago, foreverlomsak said:

excluding the line of

Whatever else the IO wants to see

My office needs copies of latest TM30 & TM47 receipts and copies of all used pages from the passport and bank book (current book goes back to 2014)

Thick stack of papers for that office. Wow. All used passport pages? Whatever happened to ID page, latest Non-O stamp and latest entry exit stamp and latest extension stamp?

What does CW Division1 require?

What office do you use? Province office?

Incidentaly my experience at CW Division 1 is that if one uses a FCD account to show money there is no requirement for the "credit advice" letter. I could not get one at Bangkok Bank for my FCD but was granted my initial Non-O using just the account ID authentication statement and the official transactions statement document. No credit advice letter required. I think this would also be the case for the extensions as well.

Edited by likerdup1
  • Confused 1