Is this a dumb idea?

bignok

7 minutes ago, AndyAndyAndy said:

Depends on the vehicle. I once drove 800 Km from Isaan to Bangkok on a 110cc motorcycle. Trip took 16 hours non stop. First 30 minutes were very enjoyable. :smile: 

Then we drove it back.

4wd. Scooters are fun for 30 mins only.

• Haha 1

Forget that other stuff, head straight for the Sukhumvit at Trat, once you get there follow it south, it narrows and follows the beach.

Bloody beautiful views and beaches, continue driving to the border and cross onto Cambodia if you have time. 

I've done this trip a few times from Pattaya on my motorbikes, great adventure. 

IMG_20231130_050514.jpg

8 hours ago, Bobthegimp said:

Fellatio on a road trip is a fine thing. The miles just roll by.  Your woman will take a good trip and make it epic. 

Now I understand why he gets all his travel tips from Thailand Redcat!

• Haha 1

If you want to detour a bit Sam Phan Bok (3,000 holes) is worth a visit (assuming they haven't finished the dam down river from there).  Also best viewed out of the rainy season when water levels are lower.  Definitely worth it to pay for a guide as they know where all the best formations are.

Sam Phan Bok

13 hours ago, bignok said:

Yeah its out of the way too. The views look nice but thats half a day. If drop Nan then adding a beach is more doable. The road between Pattaya and KC is pretty good. Ive done it before.

There is no need to go near Pattaya or KC.   From Kabinburi you can turn east on the 33 and the 317 down to Chantaburi. Not far from the junction with Suk there is a waterfall and nearby the turning to Laem Sing, nice beach there, or carry on to Chao Lao.  From there you can head to U-Tapao and pick up the No 7 going north.

Endless combinations.

On 11/29/2023 at 6:44 PM, sirineou said:

Nothing wrong with it! Go for it. If you spend a day in Khon Kaen stop over for a beer.  Kao Yai national park  after you pass Korat 

Going to the US for Christmas , just as soon as  I come back we plan to make the same trip. 

Have fun and post pictures. 

KK sucks and boring go Udon instead ,avoid Korat also 

On 11/29/2023 at 6:52 PM, bignok said:

The rangers told me Khao Yai is best in Dec or Jan as elephants come out of bushes more when not hot.

Asian elephants peak musth period is in "winter". This is the reason they are more visible in those months...and also more aggressive. I'll be in Khao Yai in December to photograph birds and (hopefully) some pachyderms. Seeya there🤣