Do you put up the Christmas lights ?

CharlieH

nope - but the girls in the office have started with the decorations and wearing fake reindeer antlers already. I dont think they understand my cynicism. 

There s also a healthy amount of Christmas decorations still up from last year.

Dont care too much for it all , neither does Mrs Nik. 

• Agree 2

40 minutes ago, nikmar said:

nope - but the girls in the office have started with the decorations and wearing fake reindeer antlers already. I dont think they understand my cynicism. 

There s also a healthy amount of Christmas decorations still up from last year.

Dont care too much for it all , neither does Mrs Nik. 

"..... and wearing fake reindeer antlers..." . Perhaps the girls think it makes them look horny.

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

And yet all the shopping malls etc have Christmas trees, supermarkets have Christmas stock and decorations everywhere.😀

That's one good thing about Loy Gratong . It delays , if only by a week , the early onset of Jingle Bells on a loop at the malls.

I put up a single string of lights on the tree next to our balcony since the wifes youngest sister always comes home for new years holiday so they sort of give her a holiday welcome. However this year there the finches have built a nest there as I was slow in cleaning out there nesting boxes from last year so the lights might not get a showing this year.

Might hang some stockings on the wife Christmas eve .....................see if I get anything.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ralf001 said:

Maybe in your little bubble... in reality though it is not and you are just a pathetic troll.

At least he knows the meaning of NO, and doesn't  say that pathetic word, NOPE! Nope hope, nope parking, nope left turn, see, ridiculous, isn't it?

38 minutes ago, stoner said:

no one said it was a public holiday. the op asked if you put up lights. and as the op also noted the prevalence of christmas themes decorations etc can not be denied. yet here you are. 

how eloquent of you to call me a fool. merry christmas 

See him for what he is, Stoner! :thumbsup:

We are RVing the US into January.....

My wife bought a door sized Merry Christmas greetings & some lights....We light them every night....

Our daughters are house sitting.... I'm not sure if they will put up the tree & decorations.... It's our first Christmas that we are not together....

We were at the official Graceland lighting ceremony & that was nice....

We'll be at our US daughter's house for the holidays & they do have inside & outside decorations with a big tree and extended family....

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

True, some would say the whole period is just a commercial event. and the "true meaning" has been lost a long time ago. I still think its a nice time of year for families to come together etc.

I  certainly agree with your "families" comment. Otherwise, just a "commercial event". Bah Humbug. :wai:

• Thumbs Up 1