Do you put up the Christmas lights ?

CharlieH

1 hour ago, stoner said:

no one said it was a public holiday. the op asked if you put up lights. and as the op also noted the prevalence of christmas themes decorations etc can not be denied. yet here you are. 

how eloquent of you to call me a fool. merry christmas 

Its not a celebrated day by 99% of the population nor it is a national holiday.

Which part are you struggling with ?

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, stoner said:

what are you blind or ignorant ? and calling bob a troll with your dumb comment. smh. your comment epitomizes troll.

Havent seen the lights at either Big C or MegaHome (yet) Mr DIY maybe? Hannukah starts this weekend, so at least can light the Menorah

5 hours ago, CharlieH said:

And yet all the shopping malls etc have Christmas trees, supermarkets have Christmas stock and decorations everywhere.😀

they sell christmas decorations / gifts etc., for revenue, nothing more, nothing less, it's a very productive marketing opportunity.

And some shops decorate their venues quite well.

The locals have no understanding of the history etc., and I don't expect them to. 

5 hours ago, Dmaxdan said:

I do erect a small tree with lights mainly because our grandson who lives with us insists on it.

But I don't put it up until a week or so before Christmas.

Likewise. Never been keen on Christmas whether in Thailand or anywhere else.

Hell Yeah!

Christmas lights and Christmas food (if any's available) - EVERY year, too! We enjoy the decorating and lights and all that goes with it.  The Scootergirl is always asking if it's today's the day to start decorating. 

an a Merry C to all of you...... :burp:

image.jpeg.5c5f9ebfd4f32f508d528ebe50f229cd.jpeg

• Like 1

Live on my own but that doesn’t stop  me putting up the tree and getting a kiss from under the plastic mistletoe it all goes up tomorrow 1st December the ladies love it especially when I give them a lady Santa outfit to wear  

🎄🤪🎄

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

15 minutes ago, crazykopite said:

Live on my own but that doesn’t stop  me putting up the tree and getting a kiss from under the plastic mistletoe it all goes up tomorrow 1st December the ladies love it especially when I give them a lady Santa outfit to wear  

🎄🤪🎄

Roger that

The short answer is: No, not anymore...:thumbsup:

I never cared much about Xmas. In my younger days I would volunteer to make Xmas a good evening for homeless and lonely people, that was a happy experience for both them and me.

Later, my girlfriend's family cared a lot about traditional Xmas, so I had to join – Okay, just enjoy it, then it's actually all right, and the food was always good.

When moving to Thailand I had Xmas lights and (artificial steel & plastic) Xmas tree, so my daughter could experience Xmas – she actually enjoyed it – also the gifts that Santa brought; my CCTV did snap him, so of course Santa is true...:whistling:

013)wDSC08005_Santa_(Saturated)w800.jpg.f5c6d1478b4fd4fd3bd71726939d1cbf.jpg

Now she is studying in Europe, so no more Xmas tree and lights – I have plenty from shopping malls and high end resorts around me, so I can just go there if I need some Xmas-"soma"; referring to Brave New World – I'm very happy with my not too much Xmas...:smile:

2 hours ago, KhunLA said:

NO, and one of the best aspects of moving to a non Christian country, no more silly holidays.

Christmas is hardly just a Christian holiday, and Thailand has far more silly holidays a year than most Christian countries!  At least you can buy booze at Christmas!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

The tree and decorations go up tonight.  My son's Thai school has a great Christmas party on the last day of term.  What's not to like about Christmas?

Hypocrisy, arguments and being jealous of those who can fly away from it all.

• Sad 1