Thai woman mysteriously dies, her body found in abandoned garbage chute

webfact

image.jpeg

Police suspect foul play after the body of a missing Thai woman was found in an abandoned garbage chute at a Royal Thai Army welfare accommodation in the Phayathai district of Bangkok.

Bang Sue Police Station officers received a report of the death of a 36 year old Thai woman, identified as Ann, at 9.40pm

yesterday, November 30. Ann’s lifeless body was found at the bottom of the garbage chute on the rooftop of a welfare housing project in the 1st Army Area. Ann was seen lying face down with her arms and legs broken. She wore a white, long-sleeved shirt and long black trousers, but no shoes. Her brown handbag was hanging from her shoulder.

Police told ThaiRath that the rubbish chute was in a room on the rooftop above the fourth floor of the building. It had been closed and abandoned for a long time. With its size of 3×3 square metres and 15 metres deep, the rescue team was unable to recover her body. They had to break through a wall on the lower floor to get Ann’s body out.

There were no visible wounds on Ann’s body and her mobile phone was missing. Her body was taken to the hospital for an autopsy to determine the cause of her death.

by Petch Petpailin

Photo via ThaiRath

Police suspect foul play

Full story: The Thaiger 2023-12-01

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

• Sad 3

2 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

3 x 3 sqm? Seems to me that the image shows a rectangular cute.

Yet another mis-report of erroneus translation. Methinks this should be 30 x 30 centimetres square NOT 3 x 3 metres square. I can't see the body so don't know if she was cute.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

3 x 3 sqm? Seems to me that the image shows a rectangular cute.

Long time since I studied this in maths class , but I think that you don't understand the difference between metres and square meters, metres are lengths and sgm is square metres, as written in the text the simplest way would have been to write 9 sqm shaft in area of the shaft.

Definitely share metres are not a shape they are  an area covered. I could not find any mention of the shaft being square in the article

1 hour ago, PETERTHEEATER said:

• Confused 2
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, peterpaintpot said:

Long time since I studied this in maths class , but I think that you don't understand the difference between metres and square meters, metres are lengths and sgm is square metres, as written in the text the simplest way would have been to write 9 sqm shaft in area of the shaft.

Definitely share metres are not a shape they are  an area covered. I could not find any mention of the shaft being square in the article

What are you trying to do? Of course I am well aware of the difference between meters and square meters. That was besides the point here. In this case, it is definitely as you say, too long time before you studied, and probably other factors starting to make you forget more easy.

If not so, you can tell me how a chute they describe as 3 x 3 sqm, can look rectangular as in the picture. the 3 x 3 definition stands for that all sides are same long, which would describe a quadrant or a rhombus. If you can contest that, feel free to continue you arrogant posting of studies and such stuff.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, stoner said:

the LENGTH some of you posters go through is astounding. but you've been at it a LONG time. 

Please, try to be on topic. This is about a woman and a chute.

Edited by Gottfrid
  • Agree 1

6 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

What are you trying to do? Of course I am well aware of the difference between meters and square meters. That was besides the point here. In this case, it is definitely as you say, too long time before you studied, and probably other factors starting to make you forget more easy.

If not so, you can tell me how a chute they describe as 3 x 3 sqm, can look rectangular as in the picture. the 3 x 3 definition stands for that all sides are same long, which would describe a quadrant or a rhombus. If you can contest that, feel free to continue you arrogant posting of studies and such stuff.

There is clearly an overhang on the right hand side, a ledge that makes the picture appear the opening of the chute is rectangular, however looking down the chute it is square.

8 hours ago, kingkenny said:

There is clearly an overhang on the right hand side, a ledge that makes the picture appear the opening of the chute is rectangular, however looking down the chute it is square.

No, it is not. even is the naked eye can see it, I also made a measurement in photoshop. Feel free to do the same.

On 12/2/2023 at 10:05 PM, Gottfrid said:

No, it is not. even is the naked eye can see it, I also made a measurement in photoshop. Feel free to do the same.

Really, over something so trivial, get a life.

You can clearly see an overhang at the top whilst the shaft appears square, none of this matters as much as you are trying to make it matter.

15 minutes ago, kingkenny said:

Really, over something so trivial, get a life.

You can clearly see an overhang at the top whilst the shaft appears square, none of this matters as much as you are trying to make it matter.

So, ok it´s just a chute and if it doesn´t matter, why are you talking about it? :thumbsup:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 12/4/2023 at 8:51 AM, Gottfrid said:

So, ok it´s just a chute and if it doesn´t matter, why are you talking about it? 

Because this photo seems wrong.

Actually, it looks like it shows an old abandoned Silver Mine in Colorado.

Also, 3 x 3 square meter chute should mean:  There are three of them.  And, each of the three are 3 square meters.  Therefore, this says nothing about the shape of the chute.  For all we know, the chutes could be kidney-shaped.  But, the only requirement is that they are each three square meters in area, and that there are three identical chutes.

I am very knowledgeable about Algebra and Geometry, and so this is not a difficult sentence for me to understand accurately, unlike some others, it seems.

Still, a very good news story...!

On 12/1/2023 at 1:55 PM, PETERTHEEATER said:

Yet another mis-report of erroneus translation. Methinks this should be 30 x 30 centimetres square NOT 3 x 3 metres square. I can't see the body so don't know if she was cute.

Why people like you exist?