Losing my religion

bignok

Tell us more about this paralyzing creepiness you suffer from that seems to flick on and off like a light switch.

Is it a physical sensation, or just a temporary malaise that attention has briefly shifted away from you?

Your creep-aversion is wholly made up and completely unbelievable -unless you can articulate it.

But like your planned physical confrontations with people here, that's likewise never going to happen.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Prubangboy said:

Tell us more about this paralyzing creepiness you suffer from that seems to flick on and off like a light switch.

Is it a physical sensation, or just a temporary malaise that attention has briefly shifted away from you?

Your creep-aversion is wholly made up and completely unbelievable -unless you can articulate it.

But like your planned physical confrontations with people here, that's likewise never going to happen.

I have this image of you sitting in a spa like Chandler from Friends.

Your material is that far out of date.

Pop down to Nimman Rd and ask the 7/11 girl to update you on the latest culture.

• Confused 1

15 hours ago, bignok said:

I asked before about meditation retreats but asking again for clarity from those that have done 7 days to 30 days.

Does it improve your ability to relax? Disconnect? Zone out or zone in? Does it improve your patience? Improve your ability to not care?

What has that to do with the title of the thread?

• Like 1

Friends reference -and I'm the one who's out of date?

You can never argue anything because you really have nothing to say beyond "look at me".

Your various interruptions are 100% about that. Even in this simple discussion about whether playing the creepy card is loser move, you are incapable of staying on topic.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Prubangboy said:

My pre-Thailand story has a lot of rage and sadness in it.

I'm the other way. Before I found Thailand I thought that a s****y life was the norm so no point getting too stressed about it, but when I found out about how life could/ should be I got pretty angry at how most of my life I was exploited and abused by those that should have been helping and supporting me. I'm also sad that much of my life was a complete waste because I didn't know any better. Take nursing- I thought I was doing a good thing by helping the sick and dying, when all along I was just being bullied, exploited and generally a fool for putting up with it when I could have been minting it in the Aussie mines.

My relationship likewise, exploited and abused by the ones that should have loved me for it, and a fool for accepting my exploitation till even I could see how bad my situation had become.

I loved Thailand, a place where it was obvious who was exploiting who and up to me to go along with it to my benefit, or not. A happy state of affairs till I had visions of true love- a fool once more and lived to regret it.

• Agree 1

11 minutes ago, Prubangboy said:

In defence of Bignok: If someone talks about sexual conquests in general terms, or about other vices e.g. drugs - this is not creepy - can be fun, silly, whatever.

But if someone asks others to describe there sexual activity, or asks deeply personal questions, it can raise the question as to why this is of interest. Two alternative answers - it is people healthily talking about say, the state of their health and sexuality in a particular situation in a productive way, or it can be a bit creepy where posters ask for and provide too many details. I accept one man's creepy, is another mans normal, but it is not about swooning at the mere mention of sex, but simply that even a site like this can have a certain standard, and decorum. 

A third category that can trigger my good self is where people may talk about a situation that can be construed by me as abuse as a norm or form of entertainment e.g. treatment of others be it friend, spouse, or lady of the night. In my opinion there is  behaviour that needs to be called out even in an anonymous forum.  

10 minutes ago, Prubangboy said:

You can never argue anything because you really have nothing to say beyond "look at me".

Your various interruptions are 100% about that. Even in this simple discussion about whether playing the creepy card is loser move, you are incapable of staying on topic.

Chill, it's the AN pub, not the UN.

• Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, Prubangboy said:

In January I will be in CM. If I see a old guy wearing a purple Simpson's t-shirt I will be sure to come say hello. We can go to a stoner cafe and talk about how cool you were in the 1980s and 1990s. We can also talk about how many art galleries and books you have read. It will be all about you. You can call me a bogan and I will listen to tired old lines.

1 minute ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

A third category that can trigger my good self is where people may talk about a situation that can be construed by me as abuse as a norm or form of entertainment e.g. treatment of others be it friend, spouse, or lady of the night. In my opinion there is  behaviour that needs to be called out even in an anonymous forum.  

If you really get exercised about abuse of the norm, IMO you are on the wrong forum. Depending on the topic it's always been that way, and I had to put loads of posters on ignore just to be able to read a certain topic without feeling nauseated by some of the comments.

It sounds like you agree with me. Pre-Thailand, your life was terrible (prob some rage and sadness in that mix). Most people I meet here are processing some life trauma. That's among oldies. The young in my building are here for NGO work or Muay Thai.

Thailand is like the old conception of The French Foreign Legion, which people famously joined to "forget". Except for Laurel and Hardy, who forgot what they were trying to forget by the time they travelled by foot to Morocco to join.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

In defence of Bignok: If someone talks about sexual conquests in general terms, or about other vices e.g. drugs - this is not creepy - can be fun, silly, whatever.

But if someone asks others to describe there sexual activity, or asks deeply personal questions, it can raise the question as to why this is of interest. Two alternative answers - it is people healthily talking about say, the state of their health and sexuality in a particular situation in a productive way, or it can be a bit creepy where posters ask for and provide too many details. I accept one man's creepy, is another mans normal, but it is not about swooning at the mere mention of sex, but simply that even a site like this can have a certain standard, and decorum. 

How dare you talk like a sensible adult who has some form of intelligence!

I think you got lost and ended up in the wrong place.

You are supposed to either talk like a bargirl or a stoner who pretends to be sophisticated.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, thaibeachlovers said:

After reading page three one wonders how long this thread will survive. I know it's the AN pub, but in a real pub there would be blood spilt by now.

True. But would you hit a 76yo guy? No, you would just laugh. Angry people are just projecting their inner thoughts onto others. 

4 minutes ago, Prubangboy said:

Further thought from my wife, just now:

"He thinks art galleries are posh" -followed by snort of derisive laughter.

I went to some in Europe. World rated. I wouldnt want to spend much time talking about it.

Amongst the legendary imaginary internet hard men, one particularly hilarious poseur shows some mercy in altercations that happen only in his own head.

I'm 49yo and that's too old for fighting. Anyone above 40 should not have fights. Nothing good will happen. People can end up dead. Angry 76yos should seek counselling not arguments. If you feel the need to argue with people at 76yo perhaps it's time to go look in the mirror at what kind of person you are.

2 minutes ago, bignok said:

I went to some in Europe. World rated. I wouldnt want to spend much time talking about it.

"World Rated" art galleries? Pretty goofy.

A lot of people here are Brit or commonwealth. Famous around the world for their odd, fusty, sexual squeamishness.  Until they get in a room with a 1,000 baht new friend. Then the creepiness seems to just evaporate. 

Like magic.

• Sad 2

I'm 71. And said so a couple of times in this thread.

This is another thing you do after, I....I....don' unnnerstan..... ("help MEEEE"). You pretend to misremember things to strengthen your non-arguments.

But since your own age seems to be on a sliding scale (along with your sex count), you may indeed be as genuinely confused as you front.

2 minutes ago, Prubangboy said:

"World Rated" art galleries? Pretty goofy.

A lot of people here are Brit or commonwealth. Famous around the world for their odd, fusty, sexual squeamishness.  Until they get in a room with a 1,000 baht new friend. Then the creepiness seems to just evaporate. 

Like magic.

the Uffizi Gallery - went there.

Saw Pavoroti live - posh

Not very bogan

• Haha 1

I'm 71. And said so a couple of times in this thread.

This is another thing you do after, I....I....don' unnnerstan..... ("help MEEEE"). You pretend to misremember things to strengthen your non-arguments.

But since your own age seems to be on a sliding scale (along with your sex count), you may indeed be as genuinely confused as you front.

Who are you talking to?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Prubangboy said:

lot of people here are Brit or commonwealth. Famous around the world for their odd, fusty, sexual squeamishness.  Until they get in a room with a 1,000 baht new friend. Then the creepiness seems to just evaporate. 

Like magic.

Americans like to talk. Aussies just do stuff.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, bignok said:

Im 49, gf 35. She wants a kid. Some days I do too. Other days no.

I wonder if a kid is the way to go.

Go on vacation somewhere and get a vasectomy.  Come back and say "Okay Honey, let's make a baby".  Then try over and over and over and over.  I got one at 39.  Some girlfriend took me all the way to court when I was 42, almost 30 years ago.  It didn't turn out well for her. 

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Prubangboy said:

It sounds like you agree with me. Pre-Thailand, your life was terrible (prob some rage and sadness in that mix). Most people I meet here are processing some life trauma. That's among oldies. The young in my building are here for NGO work or Muay Thai.

Thailand is like the old conception of The French Foreign Legion, which people famously joined to "forget". Except for Laurel and Hardy, who forgot what they were trying to forget by the time they travelled by foot to Morocco to join.

In summary they were bored in the west so moved to Thailand for a bit. Then they get bored in Thailand and start abusing other farangs who have different opinions than them. They join forums like Thorntree or this one. If one forum dies they go to another. Then 2 or 3 posters will say they have loved living in the middle of nowhere in Thailand and the inner city dwellers will call them bogans or idiots, usually with bad spelling. Then someone will say Pattaya is a cesspit and the Pattaya dwellers will attack them for not liking a city whilst at the same time pretending to be a mature adult who is there for golf and restaurants. Then 2 days later these same Pattaya dwellers will ask about std medications. Then someone will say hey dude try learning the language and getting a gf instead of using bargirls and the Pattaya "golfer" will call them stupid or obtuse or some other lame remark.

Isn't this this the truth?

Edited by bignok