Border at Udon Thani - Lao is open or closed?

6 hours ago, Scouse123 said:

I didn't know they had moved the border to Udon Thani from Nongkhai.

Things happened during Covid lock down, that were not advertised.

Borders being  moved was just one of them, another was I can't get my favourite Aussy rum anymore  Frigate  :ohmy:

• Like 1

On 12/1/2023 at 7:02 PM, cubism001 said:

Thought I'd better ask if the Lao border from Udon Thani is open. I need a 30 day visa stamp in my US passport. This is the first stamp I've had this trip.  Thanks.

You want to do a border run at Nong Khai to get a 30 day visa exempt stamp.

Did you already use the 30 day extension at the local immigration office,?

• Agree 1

Dude must be on the good stuff if he's seeing a border at Udon Thani. There is an international airport there, but no border to cross.

Friendship Birdge No.1 is at Nong Khai, which is an hour's car ride away from the airport.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, bbi1 said:

Hang on, didn't you just a couple of days ago ask about a retirement visa and now you are apparently on a 30 day visa exempt? 

Sounds like he wants to apply for the non-O in-country instead of going to a nearby consulate. When doing that you need a couple of weeks left on your permission to stay because there is an under consideration period.

In the post you attached, the OP has stated that he arrived visa exempt and has extended once already.

Presumably he's close to the end of his 30-day extension so he'll need to do a border bounce to get another 30 days, which will give him sufficient time to apply for the non-O using form TM.86 or TM 87. I forget which, will look it up later.

He doesn't say where he'll be applying but if on the off chance it is Jomtien then the OP should be aware that that office requires funds to have come from abroad AND to have been seasoned for two months on prior to the date of application.

• Agree 1

Go Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday, other days can be busy. You will need to get a visa for Laos, approx. USD 40 (depending on the passport country) in crisp new USD bank notes - or live with the exorbitantly bad exchange rate to Thai Baht - that's what I hear. 

OP hasn't logged on the forum since he started the thread and his other thread said his entry stamp expires today so he's run out of time

Why do people start a thread to ask a question and then don't re-visit the thread after people take the time to help?

• Sad 1

14 hours ago, Pattaya57 said:

OP hasn't logged on the forum since he started the thread and his other thread said his entry stamp expires today so he's run out of time

Why do people start a thread to ask a question and then don't re-visit the thread after people take the time to help?

Because they don't care

• Sad 1

On 12/4/2023 at 6:04 AM, sometimewoodworker said:

The claim of a UTH -> HAN scheduled direct flight is wrong for December

On 12/4/2023 at 7:29 AM, JoseThailand said:

Obviously he made it up

Strange that this flight flew yesterday from UTH-HAN just as I posted.  Did flightradar make it up too?

image.png.e67818d7e833c70e343cdf0872647ed5.png

2 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

From flightstats:

VN 1 ??

Doesn't look like a regular flight.

Yes,VN1. The discussion followed a comment of "an international airport with no international flights" which was easily seen as incorrect.

Edited by treetops

Maybe similar to Khon Kaen. Also labelled as international.

At the old building

it had two desks for immigration and one luggage belt was fenced off in case there was an international flight.

In the past there were some flights to China.

Don't know whether something is prepared at the new terminal 

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Thanks 1