Neighbour Held For Beating Italian Man To Death In Front Of His House

webfact

4 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

E-mail today - French dead, Italian dead, Swiss dead - does not seem a safe place for Europeans ! TAT needs to get busy 

It is much safer here in Thailand than nowadays in many parts of Europe.

The only thing is: never ever hand over the stick to get beaten!

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, Scouse123 said:

I have seen the behaviour of Thais in the local villages, I see it every day, Healthy living and hygiene both personal and in their homes are not top of their agenda

The Italian wasn't living the high life much: Milazzo lived alone and recently had financial issues and the bank had recently foreclosed his residence and had his water and electricity cut off

5 hours ago, Gecko123 said:

Large presence of forensic police could be explained by proximity of incident to sizable forensic police unit in Pathum Thani. Incident may have been used for training purposes or elicited such a large response because murder cases involving foreign victims typically become high profile.

A rarity a post with an intelligent cohesive respone

1 hour ago, Dcheech said:
1 hour ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

Bloody keyboard warriors

Just look in the mirror &  there you go.

So I'm a keyboard warrior because I made a general comment to no one in particular. 

In your eyes we are all keyboard warriors. 

• Haha 1

I find it difficult to have any sympathy for people who deliberately antagonize their neighbors. When I lived in San Francisco there was always some A-hole who played loud music just to disturb and upset others. So, bottom-line, if you are going to engage in an activity with the deliberate purpose of upsetting other people then whatever happens to you is on you.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, steven100 said:

what a silly comment, so you think it's ok for knucklehead thais to go hitting folks over the head with iron bars and murdering them.  

Nobody has ever said it is OK to murder people, whatever the reason is.

But when you hand over the stick to get beaten, you must not wonder - if you ever get the time for it ! - about the counter reaction...

If I know how local people are likely to react, I avoid being dumb enough to provoke them the Napolitan way...

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

3 hours ago, Gecko123 said:

The below news report concludes with words "this guy needs to go to prison." The viciousness of the murder is emphasized by repeatedly panning over the 80 centimeter metal pipe used to commit the murder. At the 8:15 mark it appears to show the extent of the garbage problem, which does raise questions about whether it was being done to maliciously antagonize the neighbor, but again there is not the slightest suggestion that what the Thai guy did was justifiable.

Well the Italian guys sounds like he may been a total mess of a man and a miserable rude person. The Thai guy sounds like a typical low class loser who blames his problems on the world instead of taking responsibility. I noticed how he said the man MADE his son go to jail. Bad situation all around.

5 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

The fact that you have also antagonized so many who have contributed to this thread might, if you stop to think, tell you something. Other than they are all wrong and you are right. None of us will feel it necessary though to kill you with an iron bar.

Well. within an inch. maybe !:tongue:

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Henryford said:

I've had Thais threaten to shoot me for beeping my bike horn at them. Murder seems to be the go to solution for even the smallest slight.

Take them at their word.  A while back I was on a songtaew on Soi Buakhao and a foreigner on a scooter started honking because the traffic was backed up and honking a scooter's horn makes traffic magically disperse. 

A Thai lady sitting beside me on the songtaew asked why he was honking, to which I just shrugged.  She said that if he did that in a village he would "have big problem, maybe dead".   Yep, he would. 

As for Gino the skint Italian,  he was squatting in a house that had been foreclosed on by the bank and had the services cut off.  He couldn't have ponied up for garbage collection because he had no right to be there in the first place.

In a perfect world the bank officer would have a talk with a judge and get the Thai men sprung from jail.  Papa Thai did them a service by removing a filthy squatter from their property. 

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:
12 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

If he stopped disposing garbage in front of the neighbors house he'd still be alive. 

Seems like a 'No Brainer' to me, don't antagonize your neighbors. 

Expand  

If the Thai man's son hadn't assaulted the Italian he'd still be alive.  Seems like a no-brainer to me, don't antagonise your neighbours

Absolutely 👍

I reckon we have a few of the same guys here (Italian psycho) that could end up the same. 

Lots of strange antagonizers, wanting conflict.

I'm an under the radar guy, avoid conflict at any cost.

Its so strange, foreigners coming to Thailand wanting to rock the boat, annoying the hell out of others. 

Anyway, Nice knowing you juveniles. 

Nothing to do with you Lou, but I'd Just like to ad a short note to the recent antagonizers, wake up fools, no such thing as a perfect world, you antagonize the wrong person, you're going to get iron barred. 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST
  • Like 2

People need to learn to shut up, not to interact with comments that are not directly focused on them. 

Its best to just move on, keep your mouth shut.

People have different views, different opinions. 

If you are not in agreement with someone's comment, don't reply with hostility or anger. 

If I don't agree with an opinion or comment on AN, I just ignore and move on.

Be a better person please, to the antagonizers, please move on, don't reply with aggression or hostility, it's very immature. 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST

41 minutes ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

Absolutely 👍

I reckon we have a few of the same guys here (Italian psycho) that could end up the same. 

Lots of strange antagonizers, wanting conflict.

I'm an under the radar guy, avoid conflict at any cost.

Its so strange, foreigners coming to Thailand wanting to rock the boat, annoying the hell out of others. 

Anyway, Nice knowing you juveniles. 

Nothing to do with you Lou, but I'd Just like to ad a short note to the recent antagonizers, wake up fools, no such thing as a perfect world, you antagonize the wrong person, you're going to get iron barred. 

The problem is that even if he "willfully" antagonized his neighbor, he may have done so because of a personality disorder, mental illness, or a personal crisis that caused him to act irrationally. It sounds like he was under a lot of stress: divorced from his wife, living alone, perhaps socially isolated, perhaps limited Thai language skills, house in foreclosure, water and electricity in the house disconnected, probably under financial duress.

The tragedy is that if you're deliberately antagonizing someone, when there's a language and cultural gap, people may not be able to or even willing to try to decipher the psychological motivations behind your antagonistic behavior. The guy's behavior may have been a cry for help, and it's tragic that it ended this way. 

15 minutes ago, Gecko123 said:

The guy's behavior may have been a cry for help, and it's tragic that it ended this way. 

Sadly, I cry for help too often on AN forums but I just keep getting abused and assaulted by the majority. 

Nobody cares, too many selfish people, just want to be nasty and abusive.

Dan about Thailand has identity issues similar.

The haters are too common, the moaners and complainers, just want to whinge and whine. These hopeless types will encourage the weak to follow, once they combine they will destroy a good person

Its just to easy for the keyboard warriors to be nasty and horrible in their incognito world. 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bobthegimp said:

As for Gino the skint Italian,  he was squatting in a house that had been foreclosed on by the bank and had the services cut off.  He couldn't have ponied up for garbage collection because he had no right to be there in the first place.

Would point out the local Amphur sends people door to door to collect garbage collection fees.

They will accept money from anyone for any address.

They collected our money last month, 360bht for 1 year.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, MangoKorat said:

Interesting.........they should get a life??? :wacko:

Keep going, don't stop.

What are you saying, don't keep us in limbo, we would like to know. 

Are you trying to be nasty or are you being kind? 

Sadly today, this posting I've had to report several nasty, horrible, comments, all of which have been removed. 

Why are you people so angry?

At times I feel like I'm back in the school yard, surrounded by school children. 

I realize some of you are doing it tough, finances etc. Iike the Italian.

I'm one of the lucky ones, very lucky actually, been working offshore most of my life. 

Not having funds, losing everything, it's not a free pass to become disrespectful and antisocial. 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST
  • Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, FritsSikkink said:

The Italian wasn't living the high life much: Milazzo lived alone and recently had financial issues and the bank had recently foreclosed his residence and had his water and electricity cut off

I get the fact he was down on his luck but I think the neighbours, both father and son, equally antagonised him knowingly or not.

Still no justification for the murder of the man.

• Like 1

Before all the Thai apologists start again about the ' We are guests in their country,' blah blah blah

If a foreigner is legally here and obeys the laws regarding visas or extensions and many are here due to having Thai connections and families, they are equally allowed to be protected by the laws of the country just as much as Thais.

We have large numbers of Thais in the UK, you never hear British people shouting ' If you don't like it, go home ' at them for the slightest infraction.

A great many foreigners contribute far more to the tax system than these village yokels, and also to the economy itself by buying cars, condos, and houses, educating Thai mixed-race kids or even Thai kids they adopt and put through international schools.

That helps Thailand a lot more and contributes more to the GDP than some Thai filthy scroat that sits in his hammock all day in the village, living in squalor, sponging and getting sloshed on Lao Khao all day and night long.

I see far less of this bone idleness in Cambodia and Vietnam than the out-and-out sheer entitlement of some of these people in Isaarn, who are simply oxygen thieves who contribute zero.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

14 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

If he stopped disposing garbage in front of the neighbors house he'd still be alive. 

Seems like a 'No Brainer' to me, don't antagonize your neighbors. 

I'd be angry to if the Italian did that to me

Hm,..Yes, but the Italian is not there anymore to defend himself,...so the Thai man can say whatever he wants....!?

• Agree 1

15 minutes ago, off road pat said:

Hm,..Yes, but the Italian is not there anymore to defend himself,...so the Thai man can say whatever he wants....!?

Yes, understood. 

This often happens when someone is brutally murdered,unless he can voice his comment from the grave. 

I'm not familiar with anyone speaking from the dead, have you heard anything from the dead before? 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1