Kamnan Nok released on bail and vows to fight capital murder case before the Criminal Court

webfact

image.jpeg

On December 1st, 2023, at the Criminal Court, Ratchadapisek Road before the bench, former headman Mr Praween Chankhlai (left) or ‘Kamnan Nok’ was released on bail and is to face premeditated murder charges on April 24th for the killing of Police Lieutenant Colonel Siwakorn Saibua on September 6th last.

Legal battle looms as local power player denies premeditated murder: Nakhon Pathom’s Kamnan Nok secures bail and pledges to face trial in April 2024. He is accused of orchestrating the murder of Police Lieutenant Colonel Siwakorn Saibua but claims he is innocent of the charge. 

The former Nakhon Pathom local kamnan who has been at the centre of controversy since a fateful September 6th gathering at his headquarters in the province and who has been held at Bangkok Remand Prison since then, Mr Praween Chankhlai or ‘Kamnan Nok’ was released on bail on Friday and is to appear before the Criminal Court again in April 2024 to face trial on a charge of premeditated murder of a senior police officer. After the hearing, Mr Praween insisted on his innocence, vowed to fight the case in court and denied ordering the assassination of the policeman.

In what promises to be a gripping legal showdown, 35-year-old Praween Chankhlai, alias Kamnan Nok, sent a strong signal from the confines of Bangkok Remand Prison on Friday, determined to battle accusations of orchestrating a hit on Highway Patrol Police Lieutenant Colonel Siwakorn Saibua after a verbal altercation at a party hosted by the local kamnan on September 6th last at his home in the Ta Kong area of Nakhon Pathom.

by Carla Boonkong & Pranee O' Connor

Full story: Thai Examiner.com 2023-12-04

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, soalbundy said:

I presume his incarceration has stopped him from gathering enough money necessary to prove his innocence. 

Nah, not at all. Just can´t gather enough money to make a runner. Now that little problem is solved. He will soon cheer and party with The Red Bull boy.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, edwinchester said:

And there, in a nutshell, is all that is wrong with the Thai judicial system.

One of our friends is a Policeman living and working in Nakhon Pathom. It is widely known what took place at that event and there is no way this guy should be out on bail.

Why should he, as a currently innocent person, not be granted the facility of bail that it available under the Thai legal system?  Are you saying that only he shouldn't get bail, or bail shouldn't be available for anyone?

• Confused 1

25 minutes ago, Gottfrid said:

Nah, not at all. Just can´t gather enough money to make a runner. Now that little problem is solved. He will soon cheer and party with The Red Bull boy.

And neither of them have been found guilty of any offences, yet.  Always a good idea to bear that fact in mind.

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Why should he, as a currently innocent person, not be granted the facility of bail that it available under the Thai legal system?  Are you saying that only he shouldn't get bail, or bail shouldn't be available for anyone?

In judicial systems there exists the right to refuse the granting of bail be it for the weight of evidence against, the likely hood of witness tampering, flight risk etc all of which are present in this particular case and should have been argued for strongly by the prosecuting team.

• Sad 1
  • Agree 2

2 hours ago, Aussie999 said:
On 12/4/2023 at 10:01 AM, Liverpool Lou said:

Not only Thailand.

Mate, this is a Thai article, no-one cares about other countries...geez

Jesus...   Perhaps they should when the implication is that it only happens in Thailand and they use it as a not-very-subtle, unjustified, lame Thai bash.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Gottfrid said:
On 12/4/2023 at 10:03 AM, Liverpool Lou said:

And neither of them have been found guilty of any offences, yet.  Always a good idea to bear that fact in mind.

Yeah, sure! And you just go on with what ever you were doing.

"Yeah sure"?  Ok then, of what offences have either of them been found guilty?  Over to you,  then I'll carry on with what I was doing. 

On 12/5/2023 at 12:03 PM, Liverpool Lou said:

Jesus...   Perhaps they should when the implication is that it only happens in Thailand and they use it as a not-very-subtle, unjustified, lame Thai bash.

Mate, you seem to have a problem, and see Thai bashing in even article... you really need to move on, and accept Thailand is NOT perfect, and it's ok to report those imperfections, the world is waking up to Thailand, no matter how people, like to cover it up, you can't hide the truth these days, far to many media services available.

5 hours ago, Aussie999 said:
On 12/5/2023 at 11:03 AM, Liverpool Lou said:

Mate, you seem to have a problem, and see Thai bashing in even article...

No, I do not, but when I do see it I call it out for what it is.

1 hour ago, Liverpool Lou said:

No, I do not, but when I do see it I call it out for what it is.

the article is about Thailand, what do you expect people to post on, as for Thai "bashing," you sem to see it in most articles, and it is because it'is Thailand.... do you expect us to say US folk, are as bad, even though the article is Thai... get it... Thai. Open you eyes.