Why Do Men From Scotland Come to Thailand to Find a Girlfriend?

GammaGlobulin

I am no expert but have been to a lot of bars in scotland, ireland, england etc over the years.....i remember well going to some big pub once on a sunday afternoon in ireland ..the pub was packed with maybe 100 guys and about 3 or 4 not very attractive gals who got an inordinate amount of attention from the guys....seemed pathetic to me but of course could have happened in any number of countries and certainly not just scotland etc....also been to bunch of bars in usa and oz and not all that different in many where the guys outnumber the gals ten to one and the few gals that are there would be in the back of the back row in thailand with no attention from guys but in usa  they had guys tripping over themselves to try and get "lucky"

so i suspect many contrast that with bars in thailand where there are often way more gals than guys and the gals are available to "entertain you" for a price and at least make you feel like you are a young tom cruise for a while...

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, pomchop said:

I am no expert but have been to a lot of bars in scotland, ireland, england etc over the years.....i remember well going to some big pub once on a sunday afternoon in ireland ..the pub was packed with maybe 100 guys and about 3 or 4 not very attractive gals who got an inordinate amount of attention from the guys....seemed pathetic to me but of course could have happened in any number of countries and certainly not just scotland etc....also been to bunch of bars in usa and oz and not all that different in many where the guys outnumber the gals ten to one and the few gals that are there would be in the back of the back row in thailand with no attention from guys but in usa  they had guys tripping over themselves to try and get "lucky"

so i suspect many contrast that with bars in thailand where there are often way more gals than guys and the gals are available to "entertain you" for a price and at least make you feel like you are a young tom cruise for a while...

You see it around tourist areas in Thailand: an in-shape, decent looking farang guy with a horribly ugly western woman, lol

Polar opposite to Thailand. 

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, bignok said:

At the start of the 1980s, the average 5ft 3in British female weighed 10 stone (63.5kg), but by now the average weight had increased to 11st 2lb (70.6kg).

https://www.onaverage.co.uk/body-averages/average-female-weight

why are you posting a link that is referencing british females ? we are talking about scottish females. i guess i missed something. 

17 minutes ago, stoner said:

why are you posting a link that is referencing british females ? we are talking about scottish females. i guess i missed something. 

Scots are British. You also posted random numbers without a link.

Edited by bignok
  • Sad 1

25 minutes ago, FruitPudding said:

You see it around tourist areas in Thailand: an in-shape, decent looking farang guy with a horribly ugly western woman, lol

Polar opposite to Thailand. 

Not in Hua Hin. Many Western guys are with ugly hookers, many Western guys are with beautiful Western women. 

Westerner, including me think all Thai women are exotic at first. Roll on a decade or 2, we realize they are not. 

Also, the Westerners with Thais mostly can't fit into Thai society as their women is on the lower rung of the hierarchical social ladder and the man doesn't even get on the ladder. 

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

6 hours ago, GammaGlobulin said:

This might just be a stereotype.

But, these days, frugality is no longer in fashion in Scotland.

Most people in Scotland spend a lot of money.

Many drive around in a Mercedes Benz.

Just back from Aberdeen, mostly Range Rovers there. The most RRs per person in the country.

1 hour ago, FruitPudding said:

Living in Thailand most of my adult life, having had relationships, and knowing guys who have had these experiences in Thailand,  just like in the West.

Living in Thailand most of my life, I find every time I see a blonde, my head turns. Thai women are boring now. 

10 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Not in Hua Hin. Many Western guys are with ugly hookers, many Western guys are with beautiful Western women. 

Westerner, including me think all Thai women are exotic at first. Roll on a decade or 2, we realize they are not. 

Also, the Westerners with Thais mostly can't fit into Thai society as their women is on the lower rung of the hierarchical social ladder and the man doesn't even get on the ladder. 

The average farang is ugly himself and can't speak Thai. Ugly hookers is all they can get.

• Sad 2

1 minute ago, Neeranam said:

Age difference, my wife was 24 when I met her when I was 35. Not much chance if that in Scotland. 

Haha.

I think the big attraction is more for the guys who are 60 and can get a girlfriend in her 20s or 30s, or just date around in that age group.

Relive their youth, or live the youth they never had.

Otherwise, what you getting at 60 in the West?

I'm middle aged and I've got 20 year olds interested in me, lol, but even the 30-40 year old Thai birds are still in good shape.

• Sad 1

To a large extent this is about Western men trying to escape the woke mind virus that is so spectacularly toxic, and is leading to the diminishment of civilization and relationships. Reject it with every nanogram of your being. Eventually it will fade, hopefully. Or else, society is doomed and the population will drop precipitously. 

1 hour ago, bignok said:

Scots are British. You also posted random numbers without a link.

yes and again good thing this is about scottish women only and not british women as a whole which also includes ireland and wales. 

its like saying well malaysia could be included in thai numbers. give it a rest you sound so hostile almost every single post on here. 

1 hour ago, Neeranam said:

, the Westerners with Thais mostly can't fit into Thai society as their women is on the lower rung of the hierarchical social ladder and the man doesn't even get on the ladder. 

Why would any educated western gentleman want to fit in Thai society?

I only mix with other Brits!

Edited by BritManToo
  • Haha 1