Myanmar Man in Banglamung Dies After Horrific Machine Accident at a Local Factory

webfact

image.jpeg

Banglamung –A Myanmar worker died after he was trapped and then crushed by a grinding machine at a factory in Banglamung.

Captain Kamonphon Nadee of the Banglamung Police was notified of the accident at 11:30 A.M. on Monday (December 4th) at a metal factory in Takhian Tia. Emergency responders and the Pattaya News arrived at the factory where the accident took place at an engine room shortly after the urgent call for assistance.

The deceased was identified by police as Mr. Pho Thank Kyar, 20, a Myanmar national found inside the grinder machine. His body was severely injured and mutilated from the accident . Rescue workers used a hydraulic cutter to take his body out of the machine.

His colleague, identified only as Mr. Somchai, 23, told the Pattaya News that Mr. Pho was a staffer who operated multiple machines. Every morning Mr. Pho got inside the machine to check the device for proper functionality and for cleaning. While Pho was conducting a functionality check Mr. Sonchai said he heard the machine moving before stopping suddenly.

By Goongnang Suksawat

Full story: THE PATTAYA NEWS 2023-12-05

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

• Sad 3

3 hours ago, webfact said:

His colleague, identified only as Mr. Somchai, 23, told the Pattaya News that Mr. Pho was a staffer who operated multiple machines. Every morning Mr. Pho got inside the machine to check the device for proper functionality and for cleaning. While Pho was conducting a functionality check Mr. Sonchai said he heard the machine moving before stopping suddenly.

Safety last.

• Agree 1

That’s horrible hope it was quick poor guy.on one big job I was on the safety orientation was held in a room covered top to bottom with uncensored photos of industrial accidents,to say it was effective would be a gross understatement.things can happen in an instant at work and just being out and about be aware of your surroundings would be my advice.a sad and unnecessary end to a young man’s life I hope the plant manager is heald accountable and my condolences to his family 

• Confused 1

In most normal countries it SHOULD have been Tagged on whatever turns it on. If a key then remove the key and tag that.

Having said that I got run over (by my frigging self) by a yard crane in OZ that was in for repair, was left in gear parked right across the workshop doors, left in gear. because the safety switch was not working on the clutch, I asked everyone there why it was there? nobody knew apparently but who ever put the key in the office did not tag it Toss Pots! 18 month later I was able to walk unaided again. And moved to Thailand. 

TG8013-BACK_1200x1200.webp.43af4e9a110da405040d3218f6f2eca1.webp

Edited by brianthainess